Release date: December 5th ,2016
Purchase link: Saw (live)
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11118989-2004301348990895.jpg

11118989-6084301349014595.jpg

11118989-9094301349008289.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was just me who noticed that. What the hell were they thinking?????
We have seen that this was one of the original poster designs for the film.

When I see that this image was an original poster in this thread I was quite shocked and my quote still stands. What retard designed this?
I'm used to the foot on the dvd cover which is much better and suitable to the film. I suppose this art is not a spoiler to anyone who hasn't seen the film

The original US Blu-ray, released by Lionsgate in 2006, went one better and included both the severed hand and the severed foot!

67_front.jpg

So, I guess no specific image can be thought of as definitive.

This may well be some of the original artwork for the movie but it doesn't change the fact that nobody's hand was severed in the movie........

I suppose the severed body part on the front is to warn those few people not familiar with the film that the film contains . . . severed body parts.

It doesn't really matter that there is no severed hand in the film - though the image and idea of a severed disembodied hand in films goes way back to the twenties and has been used mostly in horror films and also in comedies like 'The Addams Family'.

Looking at the poster of the severed foot I can imagine that the powers-that-be maybe decided in favour of the forearm because the foot is maybe just a bit too gruesome or 'strong' for the cover art ?

The image of the disembodied blue foot is a joke and maybe a suitable cover for a 'Ghostbusters' film or 'Casper' (even if there are no actual severed feet in these films) but not for this!

RE: DVD cover image kindly provided by @dagreaser - at least this image used for the steelbook is far superior with it bang in the middle of the front with the whole intact and not cropped or censored.

It doesn't really matter that there is no severed hand in the film

Of course it does if you want the cover to make sense and be relevant to the film!!! It just looks ridiculous to anyone that's actually watched the film. They could have just used the foot that was on the same poster - even if they had to move the bloody part out of view if it was deemed to explicit.

Of course it does if you want the cover to make sense and be relevant to the film!!! It just looks ridiculous to anyone that's actually watched the film. They could have just used the foot that was on the same poster - even if they had to move the bloody part out of view if it was deemed to explicit.

That was my original impression when I saw the image (and I posted to this effect when I first saw a picture of this steelbook) - "WTF is a hand doing on the cover" was my immediate reaction?

Then I saw the original film poster kindly provided by @Steelselecta and I thought if this was deemed good enough for a movie poster then it's good enough for the front of this steelbook . . .

Regarding the other original poster kindly provided by @C.C.95 I would say that this image is too 'strong' for the cover and could alienate some prospective purchasers, though of course others may be alienated because they are angry that a severed hand image was used when there is no severed hand in the film blah . . . blah . . . blah . . .
Because the foot image from this poster is maybe too strong an image for the front of the steelbook then the half leg image from the Blu-ray cover is no less ridiculous than the forearm as to my knowledge the severing was at the ankle and no higher . . .

I prefer the image central like this one and not creeping to the edge like that on the DVD or Blu-ray covers seen above and I prefer to see the part where the limb is severed than have it disappear out of picture and I'd rather see the blood than have the image sanitized and any blood or sign of severing removed.

In conclusion: IMHO this is a good image - not too strong but strong enough - and If this steelbook is a shade of white (NOT ANOTHER SILVER STEELBOOK, PLEASE) with the type of quality gloss finish that we have come to expect recently from EIV and EMBOSSED FILM TITLE AND BLOOD then I think this will look pretty damn good and I'll be forced to shelve my original feeling of disappointment when I first saw the picture..

That was my original impression when I saw the image (and I posted to this effect when I first saw a picture of this steelbook) - "WTF is a hand doing on the cover" was my immediate reaction?

Then I saw the original film poster kindly provided by @Steelselecta and I thought if this was deemed good enough for a movie poster then it's good enough for the front of this steelbook . . .

Regarding the other original poster kindly provided by @C.C.95 I would say that this image is too 'strong' for the cover and could alienate some prospective purchasers, though of course others may be alienated because they are angry that a severed hand image was used when there is no severed hand in the film blah . . . blah . . . blah . . .
Because the foot image from this poster is maybe too strong an image for the front of the steelbook then the half leg image from the Blu-ray cover is no less ridiculous than the forearm as to my knowledge the severing was at the ankle and no higher . . .

I prefer the image central like this one and not creeping to the edge like that on the DVD or Blu-ray covers seen above and I prefer to see the part where the limb is severed than have it disappear out of picture and I'd rather see the blood than have the image sanitized and any blood or sign of severing removed.

In conclusion: IMHO this is a good image - not too strong but strong enough - and If this steelbook is a shade of white (NOT ANOTHER SILVER STEELBOOK, PLEASE) with the type of quality gloss finish that we have come to expect recently from EIV and EMBOSSED FILM TITLE AND BLOOD then I think this will look pretty damn good and I'll be forced to shelve my original feeling of disappointment when I first saw the picture..
Not that it matters it was me who posted the photo of the Original Theatrical release poster
That's why you see it on some DVD and Blu-ray covers
Its used on most of the original film posters to promote the film for cinema releases
I like the look of this and will be ordering

The image comes from the Theatrical release poster
Saw 2004
View attachment 167601

This with a gloss finish might end up decent looking I just hope the image used is a high res image

I think I'd prefer this image :thumbs: with a high gloss finish and "saw" embossed.

View attachment 167670

Whilst I would prefer this too, I really don't get why the announced artwork is getting bashed so much. All those complaining that it was a foot, not a hand that was sawn off clearly don't remember the original movie poster. With a gloss finish this could look classy. Just hoping the sequels are announced soon.

I hate having a steelbook for only 1 film of a franchise and not for the others so I'll be passing on this.....As for the artwork, personally I'd like to have seen the doll somewhere on there..

I hate having a steelbook for only 1 film of a franchise and not for the others so I'll be passing on this.....As for the artwork, personally I'd like to have seen the doll somewhere on there..
The others may follow and then you'll be kicking yourself when you can't find the first and best at a 'sensible' price.

The others may follow and then you'll be kicking yourself when you can't find the first and best at a 'sensible' price.
Considering this is the only good film that's not saying much, every sequel they made was beyond garbage. Missing this isn't a problem as I highly doubt the sequels will ever get a steel as they'd all end up in Zavvi sales offers.