Schindler's List (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Would you purchase this steelbook?

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

SchindlersList-banner.jpg

This movie is very close to my heart and I had been waiting for an exclusive premium editions since forever.

What do you guys think about this title? Maybe 2 editions.

The HDN Groupbuy if it happens will have exclusive extras.

As a bonus I will be hosting a contest for the best steelbook design. Template that can be used https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...teelbook-art-photoshop-templates-tutorial.11/ or feel free to use any template you like.

Let's give @Noodles something to think about.

A free copy #111 will be provided to the winning design if its selected for use. Must use approved art work (no fan art) and use HDN steelbook design template.

Last edited by a moderator:
sort of interested. i own the collector's edition thing and i like it. would need to be 4K probably before i bit. i find Spielberg's handheld b+w shots for some reason far more powerful than if it was in colour, the black and white contrasts are used very well throughout to portray both good and evil, and to really highlight the occasional uses of colour. plus the subject is so horrific, that newsreel quality helps make it slightly more bearable. career best performance from Neesom, Kingsley good, Ralph Fiennes utterly chilling. a brilliant film i struggle to watch every time. in a way, that's a strong recommendation. :thumbs:

will watch with interest. :watch:
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv and paulboland
I haven’t seen this movie. Lots will probably find this a very stupid reason.....I boycotted this movie because it’s black & white. As if people only saw the world in black & white at that moment.
Yep. That is stupid.
Black and White is not the absence of color, but an artistic choice made for specific reasons.
Please, make your case for why it would be better in color.

Reactions: paulboland
I haven’t seen this movie. Lots will probably find this a very stupid reason.....I boycotted this movie because it’s black & white. As if people only saw the world in black & white at that moment.
It was filmed in black and white on purpose for good reasons.

Do you not watch films that are black and white ?
Some of the best films of all time are black and white.

If you don't watch films that are filmed in black and white you are missing out on some amazing films.

I dont buy a lot of Manta stuff, only own a handful, but I love the Company and what they do ... just title dependent for me. But I wanted to let them know that I would buy this! Point being, there are still titles out there popular enough to merit a demand that havent been done "with love"

It was filmed in black and white on purpose
Do you not watch films that are black and white ?
Some of the best films of all time are black and white
If you don't watch films that are filmed in Black and White you are missing out on some amazing films

I took his comment more for meaning .... its not an old movie where tech wasnt available .... it was purposely put in black and white and he would have preferred color.

I dont mind it in black and white ... but it would kind of been cool to have an alternate version in color and the red scene adverse in black in white on her. But its the man him self, spielberg he has a vision and he's a master at his craft so he obviously wouldnt be making 5 cuts and instead stick to his art.

never the less no reason to boycott the film he donated all earnings to a great cause!

Reactions: paulboland
I'd definitely be interested in this! Very cool of Manta to give collectors the opportunity to design the steelbook too... hopefully not for the last time either. :D

Appreciate the tag @Aniv. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531 and Aniv
By the way, does anyone else find this film incredibly hard to watch? I've only seen it once because the realness of it effected me so much... such a sad/depressing film. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Aniv
By the way, does anyone else find this film incredibly hard to watch? I've only seen it once because the realness of it effected me so much... such a sad/depressing film. :(

It was very hard too; ralph fiennes is incredible by his brutality and liam neeson by his kindness, i don't cried for a movie but there is a first time ^^ and it was for this one

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv
Yep. That is stupid.
Black and White is not the absence of color, but an artistic choice made for specific reasons.
Please, make your case for why it would be better in color.
I know it’s an artistic choice, but other movies can capture it fine in color. Movies like Saving Private Ryan, Dunkirk and Der Untergang.

Edit: Hacksaw Ridge as well.

Last edited: