Schindler's List (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Would you purchase this steelbook?

• Total voters

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

SchindlersList-banner.jpg

This movie is very close to my heart and I had been waiting for an exclusive premium editions since forever.

What do you guys think about this title? Maybe 2 editions.

The HDN Groupbuy if it happens will have exclusive extras.

As a bonus I will be hosting a contest for the best steelbook design. Template that can be used https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...teelbook-art-photoshop-templates-tutorial.11/ or feel free to use any template you like.

Let's give @Noodles something to think about.

A free copy #111 will be provided to the winning design if its selected for use. Must use approved art work (no fan art) and use HDN steelbook design template.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found this one but the tittle is in french
9x00bhMCJuUiQ4B9e95nE5bnMBo.jpg

That’s one of the better art works I’ve seen for this

To V above. Why is he trolling if he says he don’t like black and white films and why does he have to be on mind altering drugs?!?!? If he don’t like black and white films then that’s fine. Not sure why people get arsey about that. I know loads who feel the same just like I know loads of peeps who won’t watch foreign speaking films. It really don’t matter

But then it does mean you miss out on the likes of Angel A but hey ho

Reactions: BigFudge17
I'm not completely sure, but I don't think any of those is official. Since UHD Club's release is using the same old same old, my guess is that the studio is never going to approve anything else, because surely they tried to get something new for their edition.

Last edited:
@TheJoker Get in here (see OP).

Appreciate you thinking of me. I’m currently working on my bribe to Noodles to not do a design haha.

I only watched this film for the first time this year! My father had a VHS copy of it but it never got watched when I was watching. Not long ago I saw it added to Sky Movies on Demand in HD so decided it was time to give it a watch.

VERY powerful film. I would definitely want a premium version of this film. It seems like one of those ones where you just have to have as good an edition of this movie as is available in your collection.

Hearing there is a lack of official artwork for the film, but if I can come up with something I’ll definitely submit something.

Is there a date to have submissions in by?

Rejected it may have been but hopefully the Saul Bass poster would not be considered "minimalist crap" by anyone . . .
posters.jpg

. . . and, no, I don't know why it was rejected . . . maybe because the list pierced by the barbed wire was so small in turn reflecting the awful truth that the number of Jewish people saved from the ghettos was something like 1:400,000.
It's also missing the emotional / human impact of the other one but would still sit well as full slip artwork (imo) even though it reminds me of a completely different film's artwork:-
1534517223035.png
1534517386913.png

WARNING
As for the holding hands image on the cover - as long as it's remembered that the 'girl in red' is a symbol and not to be taken in any other way . . .
KV9Pi.jpg

the number of Jewish people saved from the ghettos was something like 1:400,000.
You must've added more 0s than intended, that can't be right. For the generally accepted 4 million deaths that would leave only 10 survivors.

No, I do not. In the early days it was purely a technical limitation. Not anymore.
Call me strange...I simply don’t like to watch it (did also not watch Logan Noir). And as I said in another post, other movies can do it in color, so why not this one?
Schindler's List is regarded as one of the best black and white films of the modern period
The subject matter of the film is best suited to black and white and is also why hitchcock used black and white and not colour for his famous holocaust documentary even though colour was an option at that time.

Why is it in black and white
https://ncowie.wordpress.com/2012/02/18/why-is-schindlers-list-in-black-and-white/

There has been a good few modern films from the 60's/70's/80's/90's and later on purpose filmed in black in white even though colour was at that stage used in most films from that period.

You are missing out on a wonderful film by taking an approach because it's in black and white I won't watch it.
The important part of film is the story and actors performance and the impression it gives you after watching.
Watch Schindler's List you will end up seeing an amazing film that you will leave you with a powerful experience you won't forget.

Here is video explaining Black and White Cinematography and how the use of black and white can make a film better experience with attention given in video to Schindler's List.

You must've added more 0s than intended, that can't be right. For the generally accepted 4 million deaths that would leave only 10 survivors.

Yes, difficult to ascertain more than 70 years after the end of the war exactly how many died at the hands of the Nazis but the generally accepted ballpark figure is between 5.5M and 6M.
The number of people saved by Oscar Schindler seems to be universally accepted as 1,200.

As for the one in four hundred thousand - that came from here:-
In a book about insurgency in Warsaw Jewish Ghetto "Shielding the Flame", Marek Edelman, one of the last leaders, describes a scene when mother jumped out of the window of a burning tenement (set on fire by SS) holding two kids close to her, and although they died in the same time each one of them died alone.
„Myślę, że jeden spalony chłopak robi większe wrażenie niż czterysta tysięcy, a czterysta tysięcy większe niż sześć milionów.” - I think that one burned boy make bigger impression than four hundred thousand, and four hundred thousands bigger than six millions
"I kiedy już to napięcie i ta radość całkiem z ciebie opadną – wtedy, dopiero wtedy uprzytamniasz sobie, jaka to jest proporcja: jeden do czterystu tysięcy. 1 : 400 000. Po prostu śmieszne. Ale każde życie stanowi dla każdego całe sto procent, więc może ma to jakiś sens." - And when all the tensions and that joy (of surviving the liquidation of ghetto) is gone, then you realise the proportion, one to four hundred thousand, 1: 400 000. That's ridiculous. But each life means 100% to everyone. So maybe that make some sense

Appreciate you thinking of me. I’m currently working on my bribe to Noodles to not do a design haha.

I only watched this film for the first time this year! My father had a VHS copy of it but it never got watched when I was watching. Not long ago I saw it added to Sky Movies on Demand in HD so decided it was time to give it a watch.

VERY powerful film. I would definitely want a premium version of this film. It seems like one of those ones where you just have to have as good an edition of this movie as is available in your collection.

Hearing there is a lack of official artwork for the film, but if I can come up with something I’ll definitely submit something.

Is there a date to have submissions in by?

By end of October if possible.

It's got to be the hands on the front (embossed with title), a blown up shot of Neeson on the rear smoking the cigarette and inside a wide shot of the girl in the red coat.

I2lJ7ens7Rzlm3x5HfDbwF3ykh (Medium).jpg kHrFfzyvMxytCNwBVQyDblR48CA (Medium).jpg cTNYRUTXkBgPH3wP3kmPUB5U6dA (Medium).jpg

Not sure what they'd use for the slips then as that's used up all imagery!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
Haha, what's your offer? :p

Seriously though, I doubt I'll bother to be honest. I had a quick go earlier but wasn't happy with the result... there's simply not enough official imagery available to come up with anything different. If we were allowed to put our own spin on it, then we could probably get some exciting results from folks.

But anyhoo... good luck to all who enter! :)

Schindler's List: Concept, Version 1.
With red being a noticable symbol in the film I wanted to sort of use that a little to make a subtle change as you can see to the title. One girl in a red coat, one letter that most looks like the number 1, signifying that in the title, and the quotation on the back, in that case the word 'one'. Of course, you will see that the hands poster is on my cover. That image is iconic in film to me, and I feel to not use it just wouldn't be right. So here's my first attempt.... three hours of listening to the John Williams soundtrack and figuring out what to do with such little official artwork. Hope people like, but of course it can be altered to have no red in the titles.

EDIT: Should have added too that I would select the background image to be the interior artwork as well.

SchindlersList-V1.png

@Aniv @Noodles @Apollon

Last edited:
Schindler's List: Concept, Version 1.
With red being a noticable symbol in the film I wanted to sort of use that a little to make a subtle change as you can see to the title. One girl in a red coat, one letter that most looks like the number 1, signifying that in the title, and the quotation on the back, in that case the word 'one'. Of course, you will see that the hands poster is on my cover. That image is iconic in film to me, and I feel to not use it just wouldn't be right. So here's my first attempt.... three hours of listening to the John Williams soundtrack and figuring out what to do with such little official artwork. Hope people like, but of course it can be altered to have no red in the titles.

EDIT: Should have added too that I would select the background image to be the interior artwork as well.

View attachment 388910

@Aniv @Noodles @Apollon

Great job @TheJoker , keep them coming :)