Socom 4 U.S. Navy SEALs Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
Socom4Cover.jpg

I wanted to drop in and deliver some truly exciting news – on behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, I’m pleased to announce that SOCOM 4 is indeed in development and is slated for release exclusively on PlayStation 3 this fall.

4407077192_8ba70cb6c8.jpg

Of course, as with any new announcement, what you really want to know are the details: Who’s in your squad? Where have they been deployed? What kind of threat are they up against? Though we’ll be revealing the answers to all these questions and plenty more throughout 2010, we don’t want to leave you completely in the dark, so what we will tell you is that a militant revolutionary has unexpectedly seized control in an important South Asian country. As the Ops Com, your mission is to command an elite five-man squad charged with stopping his aggressive agenda before it’s too late. In only six days, you must lead your team through a hostile jungle and urban environments against an army of well-armed rebel insurgents that completely outnumber you.

If that setup doesn’t whet your appetite enough, you should also be pleased to know that in addition to the SOCOM’s single-player operation, players will also be able to enjoy a 32-person multiplayer mode that boasts more Special Forces units than ever before!

If you crave even more information, then the guys at IGN have you covered with their exclusive first-look preview at what we’ve shown so far. Editor and shooting game fanatic, Ryan Geddes, dropped by our studio earlier in the week to check out SOCOM 4 for himself, so be sure to read the full IGN article to find out what he thinks.

Pre-Order:

Standard Edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ELCV00/?tag=hidefnin-20
Special Edition (With Gun Attachment): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PCFF40/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that the hack was similar (in execution) to the hack a few weeks back when Sony decided that case against GeoHotz. They said that whoever made the "intrusion" that happened last wednesday did it using the same technique as Anon when they took down PSN a few weeks ago(albeit for a much shorter period of time).

They then said that they are going to redesign much of the network security, so it will take a longer period of time to bring it back up. Basically futureproofing it now since it is down anyway.

I didn't see anything about CC info being stolen.

Anywho, I just purchased a 2 pack of Portal 2 for Mobius and I. I was gonna go postal if I couldn't play something soon

Edit: I see what you guys are worried about http://kotaku.com/#!5795349/sony-doesnt-know-yet-if-your-credit-card-number-was-stolen

-adam

Last edited:
Everyone should be using those things that's why they where made.it's easy safe and fast, i would never put anything to do with money on A gaming network that is almost guaranteed to get hacked.

You guys do know that those machines that you slide your CC saves your card number and pins associated with it right? There's been times where devices like those have been hijacked and information has been stolen ;) sure it is much more difficult to do it, doesn't mean is completely safe.

Yeah I just beat the first 2 levels (Elite) .... I can tell this is going to be a sum *****!

I wouldn't be suprised if I missed this somewhere, but how can I unlock the girl characters? I think it's dumb that I can't play MP as a girl from the start.

I unloaced a couple of the characters in the beta but not the gal. I assume you just gotta keep plugging away and levelling up. It is stupid that you can't pick a gal right from the get go tho.

... but it blows for the ladies that want to play as ladies
:BS:

i actually read some people bitching that you had to play as 45 in the SP because there is no ladies in the SEALS in real life. Thing is, I dont think they realize she is not a SEAL, she was some other faction.

man I wasn't ranking up fast before we went offline. Was ranking up pretty fast in BETA but not in the real deal.

yeah, they changed the rank system from the beta so it takes longer to rank up now but if you play respawn, you still should rank up quick