Socom 4 U.S. Navy SEALs Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
Socom4Cover.jpg

I wanted to drop in and deliver some truly exciting news – on behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, I’m pleased to announce that SOCOM 4 is indeed in development and is slated for release exclusively on PlayStation 3 this fall.

4407077192_8ba70cb6c8.jpg

Of course, as with any new announcement, what you really want to know are the details: Who’s in your squad? Where have they been deployed? What kind of threat are they up against? Though we’ll be revealing the answers to all these questions and plenty more throughout 2010, we don’t want to leave you completely in the dark, so what we will tell you is that a militant revolutionary has unexpectedly seized control in an important South Asian country. As the Ops Com, your mission is to command an elite five-man squad charged with stopping his aggressive agenda before it’s too late. In only six days, you must lead your team through a hostile jungle and urban environments against an army of well-armed rebel insurgents that completely outnumber you.

If that setup doesn’t whet your appetite enough, you should also be pleased to know that in addition to the SOCOM’s single-player operation, players will also be able to enjoy a 32-person multiplayer mode that boasts more Special Forces units than ever before!

If you crave even more information, then the guys at IGN have you covered with their exclusive first-look preview at what we’ve shown so far. Editor and shooting game fanatic, Ryan Geddes, dropped by our studio earlier in the week to check out SOCOM 4 for himself, so be sure to read the full IGN article to find out what he thinks.

Pre-Order:

Standard Edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ELCV00/?tag=hidefnin-20
Special Edition (With Gun Attachment): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PCFF40/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you are right about that, but it can still be very frustrating at some points. I swear my team was better in regular mode than in Elite lol. Always dying, or not shooting anyone.

i might try this game on elite im not sure yet, read that there's a Sony Press Conference Tomorrow. so i'm gonna wait and see if they give a date for the PSN being back up before i start this game

There are some parts that are a royal pain in the ass. I got like 2 more levels to go but I've been on this one part for like 30 mins.

Thanks, tho now Im unmotivated to go back and find all the intel and toraccos. I dont like that I have to start a level just to hit pause to see if i have all the intel for it.

andddd I still have like 4 more guns to find.

Its been a long while since I've tried to plat a game, I totally didnt bother with Black Ops or KZ3.

ELITE BEAT!

congrats. i just cant be asked to play SP again lol, i want the damn PSN back up so i can finally play online

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

so before the PSN went down, did anyone try co op on this game? if so how is it?

I havent bailey, tho I heard some die hard socom 2 players elsewhere bitching about this game but claiming the closest thing to real socom is the customized campaign where you can turn up the amount of enemies and difficulty ... so *shrug*

I havent bailey, tho I heard some die hard socom 2 players elsewhere bitching about this game but claiming the closest thing to real socom is the customized campaign where you can turn up the amount of enemies and difficulty ... so *shrug*

for years all i read is people just wanting socom 2 in HD and their be happy

Yeah Socom 4 is almost like a 3rd person view COD. Almost nothing to do with the original 2 Socoms.

Well there isnt a bazillion different perks or kill streak rewards you can call in. ;)

Ever since I beat Elite, I havent played it again lol ... very lazy to find toraccos and the rest of intel.