Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Spider-Man: Far from Home

Tagline: A Gift. A Curse. A Destiny.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Jon Watts

Cast: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jacob Batalon, Marisa Tomei, J.B. Smoove, Michael Keaton, Numan Acar, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders

Release: 2019-07-05

Plot: Peter Parker is beset with troubles in his failing personal life as he battles a brilliant business man named Adrian Toomes and a magician named Quentin Beck.

Attachments

• tom holland - spiderman peace!.jpg
    tom holland - spiderman peace!.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 9,243
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18 and Flloydo
Lets hope this breaks a Billion dollars at the box office....

In a recent edition of journalist Richard Rushfield’s entertainment industry newsletter The Ankler, Rushfield peels back the secretive curtain of the deal that was signed between Sony and Marvel Studios back in 2015 to share the character. “The original Sony/Marvel/Spidey deal to co-produce these movies stipulated that if this Spidey cleared a billion, Marvel would get to oversee a third. If it hadn’t, full control would have reverted back to Sony,” he writes.

Looks like it should. its already made over $600 Million Worldwide in a week of release.

In a recent edition of journalist Richard Rushfield’s entertainment industry newsletter The Ankler, Rushfield peels back the secretive curtain of the deal that was signed between Sony and Marvel Studios back in 2015 to share the character. “The original Sony/Marvel/Spidey deal to co-produce these movies stipulated that if this Spidey cleared a billion, Marvel would get to oversee a third. If it hadn’t, full control would have reverted back to Sony,” he writes.

Looks like it should. its already made over $600 Million Worldwide in a week of release.
Please Please PLEASEEEE!!!!

If it doesn't, will that that mean we'll finally get a third Garfield movie? I'd be hoping they lose the deal if so. :muted: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Starting August 29, Sony Pictures is releasing an extended cut of Spider-Man Far From Home featuring approximately 4 additional minutes of a never-before-seen action sequence in theaters.

(Looks like this is from the beginning of the film that was seen in the trailers)

Reactions: Flloydo
Starting August 29, Sony Pictures is releasing an extended cut of Spider-Man Far From Home featuring approximately 4 additional minutes of a never-before-seen action sequence in theaters.

(Looks like this is from the beginning of the film that was seen in the trailers)

Interesting, marvel usually don’t do this but since they did it with end game and they want to make more box office records (and money) I feel this might be the norm going forward

It don’t bother me as I won’t be going back to watch it but I just hope things like this are included in the home release anyway

What part was that in the trailer? Do you know what trailer it’s in so I can check it out please

Interesting, marvel usually don’t do this but since they did it with end game and they want to make more box office records (and money) I feel this might be the norm going forward

It don’t bother me as I won’t be going back to watch it but I just hope things like this are included in the home release anyway

What part was that in the trailer? Do you know what trailer it’s in so I can check it out please

The fight scene in the restaurant (and probably also the "peter parker here to pick up a passport" scenes.)

I thought it was fishy that there was no mention of a 3rd Spider-Man Film last month during the MCU panel at SDCC but assumed it was just being kept under wraps like Black Panther 2 and GOTG Vol 3.

Crappy turn of events, Marvel obviously wanting a bigger piece of proceeds these films are bringing in while Sony thinking they can now go it alone given the path Feige has set them on.

Ultimately the fans are those who loose out because the MCU most certainly needs Spider-Man however now Disney hold the characters that were under Fox's umbrella they may well be thinking otherwise :(

Marvel wanted a 50-50 split. Not a surprise Sony weren't into that.

Which is why I said ultimately it's the fans who suffer. If this really is the end just watch Sony now kill the Holland Spiderverse just like they did the Maguire one. You just know their first move will be to bodge together a link to the Venom films (which while I haven't seen I have to say looks awful)

Reactions: vexred
Which is why I said ultimately it's the fans who suffer. If this really is the end just watch Sony now kill the Holland Spiderverse just like they did the Maguire one. You just know their first move will be to bodge together a link to the Venom films (which while I haven't seen I have to say looks awful)

Venom was ok, much more hopeful they'll get it right with Venom 2.

Marvel going from getting 5% to 50% is just crazy talk. I think they'll end up meeting in the middle somewhere.

I like Spider-Man in New York with his rogues gallery. I won't be mad if he leaves the MCU.

Marvel going from getting 5% to 50% is just crazy talk. I think they'll end up meeting in the middle somewhere.

Yeah this whole thing smells like a big negotiation tactic by Disney.
This info somehow gets out. People freak out (myself included). Sony rethinks things and they hopefully come to an agreement at a better rate.
Having Spidey in the MCU helps out both so it would be dumb for Sony to walk away now.

I also read elsewhere that there is a 'gentleman's handshake' that Holland/Spiderman can still appear in future MCU films but I'm taking that with a grain of salt/hearsay at the moment (and not even relevant until Disney decide they want to do another team up movie)

Last edited:
A case of Di$ney being greedy as usual and it backfiring... glad to see someone stand up to them for once. Very bittersweet outcome of course, because it was nice to see Spidey in the MCU, but it's become super overcrowded IMO and I much prefer to see him in his own universe. Would love to see Garfield return and do that final third film... probably never going to happen though lol.

So first we get theatrical cut blu, then this extended cut blu ... Meh !

Im sorry but Spider-Man needs to be in the MCU. He fits right in, it literally makes the story telling of civil war, final 2 avengers and his own 2 films pointless if they cut ties. I don’t want to see anything rebooted for a 4th time either or any crap like that.

It will be so odd to all of a sudden have the Holland spidey with nothing to do with the avengers or MCU. Utterly pointless

Like it or not, Feige knows what’s he’s doing with these films. He’s had 23 successful non flops in 10 years and built a universe for us that no other studio has managed except maybe Star Wars but even then not on this level and the middle 3 are debatable and no where near as many films in that short amount of time

Surely they need to work somthing out. I grew up with the raimi Spider-Man trilogy and one point when I was 15 loved them. and number 2 is brilliant but come on, maguire is cringe, they are childish films, awful 3rd film.

The mark Webb films had a much better spidey than maguire, first film was great, tone more adult but Ifans was like a poor villain from the raimi trilogy. Second was hit and miss, had moments but Jamie Foxx again was like from the raimi films (when Mark Webb tried to separate his films so different from the original trilogy tonally it just didn’t make sense he was adding these raimi like villains)

Finally they get the formula right, he has a great entrance in civil war, a mentor which worked perfectly with stark, he’s now become his own after far from home and they want to make it like all of this didn’t happen. And they won’t be able to reference any of this if Sony continue on their own!

Sick of this sh!t

Disney are greedy but in this instance it don’t bother me they wanted more money. They own marvel, spidey is marvel, Sony clearly have fucccked him up for god knows how many years. Venom which was not great and hardy bombed him (actual venom was decent and the voice was perfect but hardy was crap) will now be integrated (you can see that happening). No, I want disney involved because marvel studios actually know how to handle these films. I want Holland’s spidey story to continue what they started. That’s the beauty of these MCU films, they can actually have the other characters pop up in each other’s films even if its just one for 10 minutes

Sony can keep spiderverse because they did do very well at that but live action..... no

Last edited:
Reactions: kaw and yeslek

So first we get theatrical cut blu, then this extended cut blu ... Meh !
Blu isnt out for another couple months....and am guessing this 'extended cut' is USA only?

Im sorry but Spider-Man needs to be in the MCU. He fits right in, it literally makes the story telling of civil war, final 2 avengers and his own 2 films pointless if they cut ties. I don’t want to see anything rebooted for a 4th time either or any crap like that.

It will be so odd to all of a sudden have the Holland spidey with nothing to do with the avengers or MCU. Utterly pointless

Like it or not, Feige knows what’s he’s doing with these films. He’s had 23 successful non flops in 10 years and built a universe for us that no other studio has managed except maybe Star Wars but even then not on this level and the middle 3 are debatable and no where near as many films in that short amount of time

Surely they need to work somthing out. I grew up with the raimi Spider-Man trilogy and one point when I was 15 loved them. and number 2 is brilliant but come on, maguire is cringe, they are childish films, awful 3rd film.

The mark Webb films had a much better spidey than maguire, first film was great, tone more adult but Ifans was like a poor villain from the raimi trilogy. Second was hit and miss, had moments but Jamie Foxx again was like from the raimi films (when Mark Webb tried to separate his films so different from the original trilogy tonally it just didn’t make sense he was adding these raimi like villains)

Finally they get the formula right, he has a great entrance in civil war, a mentor which worked perfectly with stark, he’s now become his own after far from home and they want to make it like all of this didn’t happen. And they won’t be able to reference any of this if Sony continue on their own!

Sick of this sh!t

Disney are greedy but in this instance it don’t bother me they wanted more money. They own marvel, spidey is marvel, Sony clearly have fucccked him up for god knows how many years. Venom which was not great and hardy bombed him (actual venom was decent and the voice was perfect but hardy was crap) will now be integrated (you can see that happening). No, I want disney involved because marvel studios actually know how to handle these films. I want Holland’s spidey story to continue what they started. That’s the beauty of these MCU films, they can actually have the other characters pop up in each other’s films even if its just one for 10 minutes

Sony can keep spiderverse because they did do very well at that but live action..... no
whilst I dont agree completly(I think Hardy as Venom was perfect, just a weak/generic story) you do make an interesting point by mentioning Spiderverse.
I think that one movies success has give Sony a false sense of self-importance and now they think the cracked how to DO Spider-man right. Between that and what little they learnt from Fiege they now think they can do it alone...fair play to the bollocks on them but its a bad idea.

The sharing method works and has worked time and time again.
They would both be silly to not continue it and I believe that all the talk are just attempts at hardball negotiations (as a brit its a bit Brexit like - willing to leave without a deal and all that... lol).
I can see Disney getting a larger cut of the movie money(not that they need it, greedy *****) and Sony would be daft to not increase the(I believe) 5% they currently get from film profits. 50% cut is stupid and Disney didnt become the giant they are by being stupid - thats an over the top number with hopes Sony counter closer to what they actually want (am guessign 15% personally but who knows)