Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Spider-Man: Far from Home

Tagline: A Gift. A Curse. A Destiny.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Jon Watts

Cast: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jacob Batalon, Marisa Tomei, J.B. Smoove, Michael Keaton, Numan Acar, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders

Release: 2019-07-05

Plot: Peter Parker is beset with troubles in his failing personal life as he battles a brilliant business man named Adrian Toomes and a magician named Quentin Beck.

Attachments

• tom holland - spiderman peace!.jpg
    tom holland - spiderman peace!.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 9,243
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18 and Flloydo
whilst I dont agree completly(I think Hardy as Venom was perfect, just a weak/generic story) you do make an interesting point by mentioning Spiderverse.
I think that one movies success has give Sony a false sense of self-importance and now they think the cracked how to DO Spider-man right. Between that and what little they learnt from Fiege they now think they can do it alone...fair play to the bollocks on them but its a bad idea.

The sharing method works and has worked time and time again.
They would both be silly to not continue it and I believe that all the talk are just attempts at hardball negotiations (as a brit its a bit Brexit like - willing to leave without a deal and all that... lol).
I can see Disney getting a larger cut of the movie money(not that they need it, greedy *****) and Sony would be daft to not increase the(I believe) 5% they currently get from film profits. 50% cut is stupid and Disney didnt become the giant they are by being stupid - thats an over the top number with hopes Sony counter closer to what they actually want (am guessign 15% personally but who knows)

Fair enough about venom. And yeah agree about the story too. I can’t fault actual venom. He was cool. I just didn’t like hardy trying to be funny. I have higher hopes for the second

Yeah I fully thought the same about them thinking they mastered the animated film so they think they can handle the live action. Fully agree there

It clearly does work being shared. That’s what frustrates me that this seems to be out of nowhere. It might of been going on behind scenes but Sony can see the success this version has brought and how well marvel/ Disney have portrayed and tackled him. Especially compared to their previous efforts. It’s mad

Blu isnt out for another couple months....and am guessing this 'extended cut' is USA only?

a) Have you seen any mention of extended cut on blu-ray ads ?
b) What is this business about ? $. This way studios make more of it.
c) What happened with Deadpool 2and new cut ?

:D

Screenshot_20190821-144820.jpg

Sony really shouldn't be expected to bend over backwards just to keep Spider-Man in the MCU. They've got the right director and lead, they'll be fine. It's up to Disney and Marvel to come back to the table and be more realistic.

If Marvel really want to continue using Spidey, then I reckon they'll figure something out... they have enough cash after all. So I seriously wouldn't worry just yet.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm just along for the ride at the moment anyhoo, and some of these are killing me lol...

I'm just along for the ride at the moment anyhoo, and some of these are killing me lol...

I see that first one earlier and it cracked me up

———-
Unrelated to this post but couldn’t be bothered to post twice

Somthing else I was thinking about earlier. In cartoons they can do what they want and get away with it.
This leads me on to .....
Spider-Man and his suits:

It really isn’t believable in the raimi and Webb films that spidey makes his suits. Web shooters yeah but suits no (again cartoons it don’t matter)

People moan that Hollands spidey is stark.2 when really he’s no where near. There’s nothing wrong with having a mentor and they did this perfectly choosing stark. He guided him a little and made him realise that he needs to grow up etc

It makes complete sense that the only thing that spidey has from iron man is the ability and starks technology to make different suits. That actually fits the believability. And he gets that in far from home

If this falls through, are we really gona see Holland sitting their sewing up a new suit lol.
With homecoming and the YouTube footage that stark watches in Civil war, it makes sense he’s made his own because it’s a shoddy suit (Looks Cool) but it’s basic and baggy etc and perfect for the story of some young kid making a suit. But the proper suit, it don’t make sense and will look stupid on screen seeing him getting into his textiles. Okay he could go somewhere to get them made but c’mon, that’s ridiculous and won’t happen

All of this will be erased going forward if they don’t come up with a deal. Lol

But yeah, early days and personally believe they will sort somthing out

Reactions: Noodles
The thing that would feel so odd about a 3rd spiderman film not in the MCU is him not being able to reference past events or characters.
Peter couldn't talk about Stark. Happy couldn't be in the film. He can't mention anything about the avengers or even the snap/blip. Everything they were building in this last film would be for nothing.

Seeing where the story ended in this film it would make no sense for him to just never talk about certain characters again.

I also don't get why Disney / Feige would put so much in THIS film that pushes the MCU forward only for it to all be thrown away.

Something has to get done. A deal must get made.
Nobody wins in this.

If James Gunn can come back and do Gotg3. Sony and Disney can make up. I BELIEVE!

@Flloydo I think the audience should be able to suspend their disbelief about Peter Parker making his suits. He's supposed to be a genius scientist and inventor anyway.

@kaw it's bizarre that they would make moves like this when they've put Spider-Man so front and centre in the MCU as Tony's successor.

Reactions: kaw
@Flloydo I think the audience should be able to suspend their disbelief about Peter Parker making his suits. He's supposed to be a genius scientist and inventor anyway.

@kaw it's bizarre that they would make moves like this when they've put Spider-Man so front and centre in the MCU as Tony's successor.

He is but I’ve always found the suit making amusing and then they finally bring in a good reason of how he can make suits

Like I said, web shooters is believable (for me), making a contraption etc and web formula but suits has always got me (in the films)

The thing that would feel so odd about a 3rd spiderman film not in the MCU is him not being able to reference past events or characters.
Peter couldn't talk about Stark. Happy couldn't be in the film. He can't mention anything about the avengers or even the snap/blip. Everything they were building in this last film would be for nothing.

Seeing where the story ended in this film it would make no sense for him to just never talk about certain characters again.

I also don't get why Disney / Feige would put so much in THIS film that pushes the MCU forward only for it to all be thrown away.

Something has to get done. A deal must get made.
Nobody wins in this.

If James Gunn can come back and do Gotg3. Sony and Disney can make up. I BELIEVE!

100%

No happy either!

Reactions: kaw and vexred
He is but I’ve always found the suit making amusing and then they finally bring in a good reason of how he can make suits

Like I said, web shooters is believable (for me), making a contraption etc and web formula but suits has always got me (in the films)

LOL And in the Raimi films he didn't even make the web shooters. They were part of his powers.
So he was just REALLY good at sewing. haha

tumblr_inline_nca6kvZLCD1qb27a0.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
  • Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Flloydo

@DMD4k @Flloydo

Oh that got my heart racing for a second you bast*rd lol

• Haha
Reactions: vexred and tommyh84
I'd rather wait for the bluray :thumbs: Well at least I hope they release the extended edition along with the regular bluray... :confused:
If they don't, that would be such a dick move. Thankfully, USA release is a month before UK so should find out... and if it doesn't contain it, I'll be cancelling