Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my copy and has the same marks which are clearly visible through the plastic wrapping, mine also has a small tear in plastic wrapping running parallel to marks, was wounder if these marks could have been caused by the plastic wrapping machine? Not sure if this a possibility maybe @Wreck would know?

Can't believe zavvi are trying to get away this offering 15% discount ******* disgraceful this is obviously a major issue.

We should all take a stand and refuse discount and demand a reprint after all many of us will be spending £300+ on this Star Wars wave so why should we just roll over and accept it.

SORT THIS OUT ZAVVI FFS! :mad:

I seem to be lucky in a way as mine are not quite as bad as others I've seen but definitely noticeable in any bright room. Have logged it with Zavvi and really hope some sort of re-do is on the cards.

I got a response to my email, they asked for pictures. I assume I'll get the same 15% refund offer.

I'm not too bothered and may accept their offer, but the 15% offer is a bit of an insult.

Strange that i couldn't see the scratches with the plastic on, but definitely visible when taken off. I've added my email to Zavvi to complain, so let's see what the outcome will be. Perhaps some genius working at the manufacturer also hated the artwork, and so thought he'd sabotage and force a re-print with actual good artwork?

• Haha
Reactions: a_o and MrSquifler
From CS:

"I am really sorry, we are aware of this issue with Empire Strikes Back and we have since raised this with our trading and warehouse teams so we can investigate further.
As soon as we have an update on this, we will be sure to get in touch and let you know."

15% is the best you will get for now unless you just return for a refund. They might end up doing a full repress of the steel with no disc but not really sure. But i think most of us are just going to be happy with 15% and keep the steel. Just have to see

Strange that i couldn't see the scratches with the plastic on, but definitely visible when taken off. I've added my email to Zavvi to complain, so let's see what the outcome will be. Perhaps some genius working at the manufacturer also hated the artwork, and so thought he'd sabotage and force a re-print with actual good artwork?

A cunning plan. Alas, my Ep IV SteelBook had similar processing marks as well as myriad scratches. That didn't seem to be as widespread so I'm hoping my replacement is fine.

Having worked in CS for many companies for years and you have a big issue with one product resulting in a much higher number of complaints then the copy and paste response is the most logical way for them to answer due to the sheer number of emails they will receive from pretty much everyone who ordered from them taking up more time than their usual percentage of emails they receive daily.

If they have stated they are aware and looking into it then you’ll just have to wait to see what happens next. No point moaning about that copy and paste email, they ain’t going to write to everyone with a personal touch in each message or explain the situation with different wording.
One particular job of mine, I used to write out the templates for responses when big issues like this happened lol.

Like others have stated, their % partial refund is their standard reply. if you don’t accept that partial refund and continue with the complaint then they will get back to you at a later date once they hear back from the whole issue.

"The situation with THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook has been resolved with the manufacturer and replacements have been ordered to replace all damaged copies. As a longtime valued customer we are sending you an advance copy of the new steelbook. Please find attached to this email the new steelbook image which we hope you will be happy with and as a gesture of goodwill I would ask you to please keep the damaged copy to dispose of as you see fit" ...

1596559231316.png

... is not the message I expect to be reading next week

Last edited: