Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the lowdown according to Entertainment Weekly and TMZ...

• - Mark Hamill's announced that he (and Carrie Fisher) sat down with George Lucas last summer to discuss Episode VII
  • - Fisher recently stated that if she's asked to return, she'll be there
  • - Harrison Ford is open to the idea of reprising the role of Han Solo

I've gotta say, so far, this Disney/Lucas deal is looking very good.

Last edited:
Here's the lowdown according to Entertainment Weekly and TMZ...

• - Mark Hamill's announced that he (and Carrie Fisher) sat down with George Lucas last summer to discuss Episode VII
  • - Fisher recently stated that if she's asked to return, she'll be there
  • - Harrison Ford is open to the idea of reprising the role of Han Solo

I've gotta say, so far, this Disney/Lucas deal is looking very good.

As long as Carrie does not insist on wearing the old bikini from Return of the Jedi, we'll be okey! :D Motherly role to her three Star Wars kids/teens should be sufficient for the next films!

Reactions: tridon
I've been thinking about this deal between Disney and Lucasfilm a fair amount and here's my (random) thoughts (FWIW):

- 2015 for the release of Episode VII is not as far away as we think. I'm not sure how long the discussions between Disney and Lucasfilm were going on for, but George Lucas would've had to have given his blessing for a new trilogy

- $4 billion dollars for Lucasfilm is cheap. Think about it; they could also make sequels to Willow and Indiana Jones and virtually print their own money. I'm not sure what other properties Lucasfilm owns, but between Star Wars and Indiana Jones, they will be smiling all the way to the bank. Add the merchandising aspect to the equation and Disney should be *laughing* their heads off!

- The Willow universe is particularly intriguing for me. Disney knows how successful the Lord of the Rings trilogy was, and they will surely want to cash in on that genre. What better way than with Willow? Some of you might remember Chris Claremont (the greatest writer ever to grace the X-Men comic books) ghost-writing a novel for George Lucas, set in the Willow universe. Val Kilmer, what are you doing for the next 2 - 3 years? And will you make peace with Joanne Whalley? Just asking...

- Coming back to Episode VII, I fully expect that a decent percentage of the main cast has already been, um, cast, or at the very minimum, approached to star in this movie (and subsequent sequels). George Lucas must have also given his input as to who he would've wanted to play the main roles if he had chosen to film a new trilogy. The cast (those that have been contacted) would have signed NDA's (non-disclosure agreements), but trust me, the planning for Episode VII has been happening for some time. Again, 2015 is not that far away, especially as we all know that this movie is going to be SFX-heavy, with lots of post-production. I expect the new trilogy to be filmed back to back, ala Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

- Does acquiring Lucasfilm also mean Disney will be getting Skywalker Sound and ILM (Industrial Light and Magic)? If so, damn, Disney got a huge bargain. Skywalker Ranch as well? In my next life, I want Disney's negotiation team on my side!

- How Disney chooses to handle the Star Wars properties will set the tone for how fans perceive Disney. Expect Disney to expose the Star Wars fans to their other products. So far, Disney have done pretty well with the Pixar and Marvel properties. It seems as if they've adopted a somewhat hands-off approach with their earlier acquisitions. I expect them to do the same with the Lucasfilm properties. The one area that Disney excels in is in the Marketing aspect. John Carter, anyone? Sure, they went overboard with that movie, racking up the expenses, but I hope they would've learned from that.

- I think that it's a given we'll see more animated series set in the Star Wars universe appearing on Disney's XD channel. You try showing me a richer universe than Star Wars.

- Disney could also do a live action drama series dealing with the political machinations of the Old Republic. Think about it; backstabbing intrigue in the Senate, with the Jedi caught in the middle. It could be like The West Wing meets Game Of Thrones (without the sex, thank you!). Someone please call up the Jim Henson Company and / or Frank Oz as we need Yoda again...

- Disney is going to milk the re-releases of the previous 2 trilogies big time. Remember that (bargain) price that Disney paid? Trust me, you're not going to see a better marketing and public awareness campaign leading up to Episode VII.

Like I said, the above are just some of my thoughts. Again, $4B is cheap. Was George really that tired that he took the first offer that Disney made? I don't have the answer to that. What I do know is that I love Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Willow (not in that order; hell, not in any order). I can't wait to see what Disney does. If I had to tell Disney in 2 sentences what they should (or shouldn't) do, it would be this: "Don't screw this up" and "May the Force be with you".

It’s been barely a week since Disney announced its $4.05 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm and plans for Star Wars: Episode VII, but the studio already may have a screenwriter in mind.

Citing “informed sources,” Vulture contends Oscar winner Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) has already banged out a 40- to 50-page treatment — presumably, he was among those called to Skywalker Ranch as early as August — and will likely be at least one of the writers of the 2015 film. Arndt, who also penned The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and the upcoming Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside the Mind for Up, is characterized as a Star Wars expert.

The website contends Arndt’s treatment will soon be in the mailboxes of such top-tier directors as Steven Spielberg, Brad Bird and J.J. Abrams.

The studio is also said to be keen on bringing back original trilogy characters Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo — sorry, Jimmy Smits, no Bail Organa for you — meaning roles for Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. The latter reportedly is “open” to Episode VII, and Fisher appears to be game. Hamill, who along with Fisher was told by George Lucas about the new trilogy in August, is probably a lock.

UPDATE: Deadline reports that Arndt’s treatment isn’t just for one Star Wars film, but rather the entire trilogy.
SOURCE: Comic Book Resources

As tridon said earlier, now it's confirmed:
As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).

Did Jason Flemyng Just Confirm Matthew Vaughn For Star Wars?

Considering how Vaughn suddenly dropped out of the next X-Men for a film he said he couldn't refuse, it's looking like it's almost a definite thing that he'll be directing the next Star Wars. For more confirmation...

Source: SpinOff Online
The timing of Matthew Vaughn’s sudden departure last month from X-Men: Days of Future Past fueled speculation he was in negotiations to helm Star Wars: Episode VII, a rumor tempered by Mark Millar’s assertion that an adaptation of his comic Secret Service is the director’s next project. But now one of Vaughn’s longtime collaborators has reignited the Star Wars talk by seemingly confirming the filmmaker’s involvement.

Actor Jason Flemyng, who’s worked with Vaughn on movies ranging from 1998′s Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels to 2011′s X-Men: First Class, was asked in a red-carpet interview with HeyUGuys whether he had talked to the director about a role in the new trilogy. His response was initially joking, beginning with a hybrid C-3PO/R2-D2 imitation before he admitted, “Me and Matt have done nine films together, so I’m sure I’ll get the call for Star Wars.”

When a reporter follows up by asking whether Vaughn is, indeed, interested in directing Episode VII, Flemyng’s expression is one of somebody who’s let the cat out of the bag. Seemingly attempting to recover, the actor exaggerated rolling his eyes and looking around, stammering, “I think that’s … er yeah, he’s interested, yeah. Bar the deal … Yeah, I mean I think …” before shrugging and moving onto the next question.

Obviously, Flemyng’s comments are hardly definitive; it’s clear he enjoys a good joke (and, judging from the video below, the occasional droid and Matthew Vaughn impression). But we all know that “Oh, hell, I wasn’t supposed to say that!” look.

Announced Oct. 30 with Disney’s purchase of Lucasfilm, Star Wars: Episode VII is being written by Michael Arndt, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3. It’s targeted for release in 2015.

And here's a video of the interview with Flemyng:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been announced that J.J. Abrams will move from Trek to Wars as he'll be the director behind the camera for Episode VII.

Star Trek Into Darkness helmer J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII for Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm, reports TheWrap. The site says that Ben Affleck was also in contention.

Back in November, Abrams commented on the possibility of him directing and it sounded like it wasn't happening:

"Look, Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time. I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!"

TheWrap adds that Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy has been courting Abrams for the director's chair for a while.

Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015. Michael Arndt is writing the script. Disney and Lucasfilm are planning a new trilogy with a new movie coming every other year.
Source: ComingSoon.net

So... what's your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaveecho and Drum18
I like JJ's stuff so I am stoked about the possibilities.....

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff: Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

From LV-426 on iPhone

I really love what he does (ST and MI3) and he admitted himself that at the base, he was more SW than ST! :hilarious:

Seriously, now the good fun starts!

Since everybody wanted Spielberg to direct a Star Wars film, this may be the second best thing because Super 8 was like a Spielberg film.

The whole cast of Star Trek should be transferred to Star Wars too. It would be great to have Pine, Urban, Saldana, Pegg, Yelchin, Quinto all cast in the Star Wars flick! ;)

Even better would be to merge Star Wars into Star Trek like Alien vs Predator. And that would either please fans or piss them off.

Official release:
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-...j-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii.html
Star Wars Is Being Kick-Started with Dynamite J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars: Episode VII
January 25, 2013 x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

+ Enlarge Image

After a bevy of emails and phone calls, the formalities have been wrapped up, and at long last everyone can exhale and properly share the word with an excited Internet. Yes, J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, the first of a new series of Star Wars films to come from Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. Abrams will be directing and Academy Award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay.

"It's very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie," said Kennedy. "J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture."

George Lucas went on to say "I've consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller." He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."

"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor," J.J. Abrams said. "I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."

J.J., his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot are on board to produce along with Kathleen Kennedy under the Disney | Lucasfilm banner."

Also consulting on the project are Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg. Kasdan has a long history with Lucasfilm, as screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi. Kinberg was writer on Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Abrams and his production company Bad Robot have a proven track record of blockbuster movies that feature complex action, heartfelt drama, iconic heroes and fantastic production values with such credits as Star Trek, Super 8, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, and this year's Star Trek Into Darkness. Abrams has worked with Lucasfilm's preeminent postproduction facilities, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, on all of the feature films he has directed, beginning with Mission: Impossible III. He also created or co-created such acclaimed television series as Felicity, Alias, Lost and Fringe.

:oohyeah:

Here some info on a possible shooting location for episode VII

I have read in a british national newspaper today that they may be shooting some scenes in a quarry, near Bluewater shopping centre in Kent, UK! This may be a load of bollocks, but I have included pics of the article into days paper below:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359206755.356329.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359206774.990038.jpg

Make of this article, what you will! But personally I really hope it's true, as I don't live to far from this place :)

Last edited: