Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke Skywalker says in the first trailer " The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too ". I always assumed the sequels would be stories of Skywalker and Solo children. Also I think the sequels follow certain formula. The Force Awakens has lots of same elements as A New Hope, so as for Episode 8, Rey might found out Luke being her father, just like Luke found out in Vader being his father in Episode 5.

Yes. Or Kylo and Rey might be brother and sister? Seperated to be hidden from the First Order? Leia did say to Han in the movie that she 'should never have sent their son away, and had Luke train him instead'............

LMAO at all the spoilers!!! :LOL::LOL::rofl::rofl::hilarious:

I went into this trying to be as objective and critical as possible and my initial reaction is that this is my favorite of all seven Star Wars films. Obviously the original trilogy are nostalgic and the prequels were terrible. JJ killed it!

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I agree 100%. Adam Driver what a great performance :thumbs:. Also the character of Kylo (sKYwalker soLO) is so interesting, genuine and believable. Not some over the top character, which you couldn't take seriously. I think many can identify with this character.

I found this picture, the little guy on the back in Rey's dream could be Snoke

I totally agree, Rey is Luke's daughter. Luke will train Rey, as they have already filmed scenes for episode 8 both Mark and Daisy. Mark Hamill almost died shooting episode 8. I wonder if Mara Jade is the mother and one character in the upcoming films? Interesting to see what character will Benicio Del Toro play?

That's quality about Kylo and the name. Never realised that!.
What little guy on Reys back? I can't see anything.

I was wondering who Benicio would be. I'm guessing Kylo will come back with force.

I never knew about Hamil nearly dying.

I thought that too about Rey being Lukes daughter. Especially at the end. I think the music certainly might have hinted at it.

Also loved the stormtrooper kills in this. The laser hits were awesome. Really packed a punch as should be. And the dogfights........Oh my, the dogfights!!!!!

Some pieces from the trailers and TV spots were missing I noticed. Like when Kylo Ren does that stance in tbe snow stomping hus foot with the lightsaber. Also the creature handing Lukes lightsaber to Leia (I believe it was. I think it was the female creature with the goggles)

It wasn't the music for me, for about 5 mins I thought she's hans daughter after we meet her but little things pointed to me about her being lukes and mainly because she's great at fixing stuff and then obvioulsy the force and sabre skills,
Yeah the storms troopers get f*cked up in this lol loved it.
Dogfights were incredible

Yeah I noticed that about the scenes. I was looking out for that one with Kylo in the snow. The creature with the goggles was quite interesting.

I just thought of a flaw in that particular theory......

My 9 year old boy just pointed out to me that she did say 'Luke Skywalker, I thought he was a myth' when Finn mentioned him. Wouldn't Rey have known that Luke was her father then? She looked about 6 or 7 in the vision when her parents were taken.....

Possibly but i thought "what if Luke did father her until ages 6 or 7 and went by a different name, but she had heard of "Luke skywalker" like we know she has as the myth or legend and then when she finally sees him they recognise each other - it would of been however many years - she's grown up, he's older and had to leave her on that planet to protect her from being killed" I don't know though.

I just think it would be odd having her the daughter of someone we don't know

I didn't feel like the film was trying to make out Rey has Skywalker blood since Kylo does already. That would make the force users a pretty inclusive bunch. Though it is a bit suspect her surname hasn't been revealed.

To be honest I thought that at one moment but there seemed to be a connection with her and Kylo at times when he was scared of her, again could be massively wrong but who's daughter would she be?!

Kylo was powerful and he's vaders grandson on Leia's side but rey to me could be lukes side as she seems more powerful than Kylo - don't know if that matters but in my head it does - yeah luke and leia are the same blood but to me lukes kid will be stronger with the force than Leia's kid
@Hamill82 @BluSteel2012 @justboy ive replied to you all but it's gone a bit weird and gone spoiler within a spoiler lol sorry

Yes. Or Kylo and Rey might be brother and sister? Seperated to be hidden from the First Order? Leia did say to Han in the movie that she 'should never have sent their son away, and had Luke train him instead'............

LMAO at all the spoilers!!! :LOL::LOL::rofl::rofl::hilarious:

Again I also thought that at times but Han and leia don't even mention they had a daughter plus it's too simular to Luke and leia story in the originals just different sides. Think it's quite fitting to have them as children of both Luke and leia even if it seems predictable

JUST got back from seeing it! It's Finally safe to enter this thread again!!! yay!!!
I still need some time to process... But i absolutely loved it! Thank you JJ for finally making another good Star Wars film!!!

SO HAPPY.

BTW. Anyone else see this in IMAX? Loved seeing the screen dimension expand with that one scene. Made it feel so big!

Last edited:
Possibly but i thought "what if Luke did father her until ages 6 or 7 and went by a different name, but she had heard of "Luke skywalker" like we know she has as the myth or legend and then when she finally sees him they recognise each other - it would of been however many years - she's grown up, he's older and had to leave her on that planet to protect her from being killed" I don't know though.

To be honest I thought that at one moment but there seemed to be a connection with her and Kylo at times when he was scared of her, again could be massively wrong but who's daughter would she be?!

Kylo was powerful and he's vaders grandson on Leia's side but rey to me could be lukes side as she seems more powerful than Kylo - don't know if that matters but in my head it does - yeah luke and leia are the same blood but to me lukes kid will be stronger with the force than Leia's kid

Like I said earlier, Luke Skywalker says in the first trailer " The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too ". Perhaps quote from Episode 8, as Luke talks to Rey and reveals most likely her being Luke's daughter. Ofcourse in Force Awakens, it's a myth for Rey, just like Luke thought his father had died and the next episode revealed Vader as his father. What is Star Wars about? Stories about Skywalker family, so I find it quite rational Luke having a daughter, especially as we saw her being so strong with force already.

Then one other puzzle. Who is Snoke really and who's the one pulling the strings? Could they possible tie all 9 episodes in a way as they reveal Darth Plaguies is very much alive and behind everything.

Reactions: Flloydo
Enjoyable movie but it's very predictable and every plot point is ripped from other SW movies. Nothing new. It's just destroy the Death Star again in the exact same manner (convenient weakness) again. And the nods to the old movies are so common they become farcical and cringey.

Loved the film, it was amazing, so just like the original trilogy but different as well! Story is interesting with just the right amount of questions left at then end. The connection between Rey and Fynn was awesome.

I cried when Han bit the dust :cry:
, and I was sceptical of Adam Driver taking off his helmet at first but I got used to it after and it kind of made sense to give a bit more emotion to his character, after all he is torn in two.

All in all 10/10 for me, will be buying every single steelbook release of this LOL!!

Reactions: kaw

Like I said earlier, Luke Skywalker says in the first trailer " The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too ". Perhaps quote from Episode 8, as Luke talks to Rey and reveals most likely her being Luke's daughter. Ofcourse in Force Awakens, it's a myth for Rey, just like Luke thought his father had died and the next episode revealed Vader as his father. What is Star Wars about? Stories about Skywalker family, so I find it quite rational Luke having a daughter, especially as we saw her being so strong with force already.

Then one other puzzle. Who is Snoke really and who's the one pulling the strings? Could they possible tie all 9 episodes in a way as they reveal Darth Plaguies is very much alive and behind everything.

Hmm I think you may be right! And it would make more sense why Rey was sent to find Luke, and why Chewie didnt climb the hill.

Maybe Luke is a big horndog and has lots of illegitimate kids littered around the galaxy and that's why he is really in hiding. Child support can be expensive! :hilarious:

Saw it yesterday and i absolutely loved it! Gonna watch it again in IMAX, but wow it was such a good experience to see a movie that was so hyped and actually deliver. Needless to say I've preordered the steelbook, twice!

I haven't seen this on the net or read about it anywhere, but did anyone else think the following.......

......that Finn could possibly be related to Lando? I know the obvious thing is skin colour, but in a saga where we constantly have kids separated from their parents, it's a possibility right?