The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D - In theaters May 2nd, 2014

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
From IMDB:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
With: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

Final Trailer:
[media=youtube]DlM2CWNTQ84[/media]

Old info:
Per First Showing:

Already?! Deadline reports that Sony/Columbia Pictures has set a date for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, a sequel to Marc Webb's new take on the web-head, starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. They're claiming the key May 2nd, 2014 release spot, aiming to kick off the 2014 summer with Spidey, which is 2 years, 9 months away. It's very early to be scheduling for 2014, but a Sony exec explains: "I think it speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment." That may be true, but we're still a year away from seeing the first Amazing Spider-Man!
The Amazing Spider-Man, a fresh new take on the comic book hero created by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko, stars Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, our hero Spider-Man, as well as Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May. 500 Days of Summer director Marc Webb is directing this new reboot of Spider-Man, from a screenplay written by Alvin Sargent (Sam Raimi's Spider-Man), Steve Kloves (Harry Potter franchise) and James Vanderbilt (The Rundown, Zodiac, The Losers). Sony is bringing this new Amazing Spider-Man movie to theaters in 3D on July 3rd, 2012. Watch the first teaser trailer here.

Also, while it wasn't mentioned by Deadline, it was revealed last year that Marc Webb would be directing "the next three movies" in this new Spider-Man franchise, so the early assumption is that he'll also be back.

Attachments

• Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    Amazing-Spider-Man-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 316
  • spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 323
  • the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    the_amazing_spider_man_2_teaser_poster_by_enoch16-d5w91tg.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:
From FirstShowing.net
amazingspiderman-wallcrawlposter-tsr.jpg
This news should draw quite the divisive line in the sand for fanboys out there, so let's see what happens. Though we're still a couple months away from the release of The Amazing Spider-Man from director Marc Webb, Sony Pictures is already eager to start development on the inevitable sequel. An official press release from the studio has revealed that J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot scribes and producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci have been hired to rewrite a sequel to the summer release, which already has a release date set for May 2nd, 2014, and they will also serve as executive producers on the film also.

The writing duo had this to say about their new gig:
"We grew up as huge Spider-Man fans so, to us, the opportunity to work on this film is akin to being handed the Holy Grail. We love the direction Sony and the filmmakers are taking the Peter Parker/Spider-Man mythology and we couldn't be more excited to be a part of this legendary franchise."

It sounds like they might have the same passion as our new Peter Parker, actor Andrew Garfield, but that's not all it takes. The writing team has delivered success with Star Trek, the first Transformers on some level and Mission: Impossible III, but they also had duds in the form of Cowboys & Aliens and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. James Vanderbilt (who was working on Spider-M4n for Sam Raimi) scripted the first draft of The Amazing Spider-Man (as well as this sequel) with rewrites from Harry Potter scribe Steve Kloves and Spider-Man sequel writer Alvin Sargent, so hopefully Kurtzman and Orci can pick up seamlessly where they left off and continue to make this a great new launch for everyone's favorite wallcrawler.

They did a marvelous job on Star Trek & Transformers, but had some downers too... let's keep hope for another great trilogy!!!

Honestly the movie looks like crap IMO based on the trailer (1st one out this year I mean).... and 2nd is already green lit. Am I the only one that thought the trailer looks awful (for the 1st one out this year)? The guy they chose for Spidey doesn't seem right and CG look pretty bad too. Again its bad to judge a book by its cover so Ill reserve final judgement until its actually out. If anything at least we can stare at Emma Stone's pretty face if the movie turns out to be a dud. I just have this feeling that this is another Green Lantern in the making. Ive been looking for someone that shares my sentiments on the trailer but even my sister disagrees ? LOL. I guess it might just me then.

The trilogy with Toby for its time was brilliant. Gunna be tough to impress after that precedent.

Last edited:
From FS.net:
jamiefoxx-electro-combo-tsr.jpg

Variety is now reporting that Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx has been cast, or is specifically "in early talks", for the role of Electro, one of the villains, in the new Amazing Spider-Man sequel. A few months ago, director Marc Webb and star Andrew Garfield were confirmed to return, and the next unique casting name that popped up was Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson. Now we have this — Foxx as Electro — and it's very big news.

[...]If this deal goes through, you can add Spidey villain Electro to that growing list of his unique roles. Variety says "though the studio would not comment on the character sources have also told Variety that Foxx would play Electro." We'll see if it all comes together.

While we can't get a black Spider-Man on the big screen yet, at the least having a Black Electro (especially because the character originated as white electrical engineer) is pretty damn great. Electro, created in 1964 by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko (first appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man #9) is the villain altar ego of Max Dillon, an electrical engineer and lineman, was repairing a power line, a freak lightning accident caused a mutagenic change that transformed him into a living electrical capacitor. He's a villain that I've personally been excited to see, and casting Foxx in the role might just be perfect.

Attachments

• jamiefoxx-electro-combo-tsr.jpg
    jamiefoxx-electro-combo-tsr.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 219
Movie characters that shoot electricity from their hands (such as from Harry Potter and Star Wars) has been done to death and is getting boring. I like Electro but they should use someone more interesting like Kraven or Mysterio.

Jamie Foxx has officially been confirmed to play Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Other casting includes Chronicle star Dave DeHaan as Harry Osborn.

I hope the Dane DeHaan casting is true - he's the next Leanardo DiCaprio - he would be great as Harry, and even better as Green Goblin.

Movie characters that shoot electricity from their hands (such as from Harry Potter and Star Wars) has been done to death and is getting boring. I like Electro but they should use someone more interesting like Kraven or Mysterio.

After using Venom Spider-man #3, I was hoping Carnage would be the next villian.

I hope the Dane DeHaan casting is true - he's the next Leanardo DiCaprio - he would be great as Harry, and even better as Green Goblin.

It's true. Comic Book Resources/Spinoff Online has the story on it.

They can save Carnage for an R-rated Spiderman movie in the future. ;)

Haha... never gonna happen. That said, I always thought Venom should receive his own film that's not connected to the Spider-Man films, that way they can cut loose and include Carnage, too.

From official press release:
New York, February 5, 2013 – Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Reactions: alvinhwang21
Little bit of interesting info

This isn't being filmed in Native 3D or even digitally but on traditional 35mm!