The Big Blue (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 16, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Tues 3/3 12pm GMT)
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 and WEA (Worldwide Exclusive Art).

01.jpg

00.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate your view and I often feel the same way myself in regards to pricing. The reality is that you are in a minority (on this forum at least) as someone who avoids ordering from abroad. For those who are happy to collect foreign releases, seeing the same titles being released time and again is annoying. It has nothing to do with money for me (I can't speak for others of course), I don't have a trade thread full of sealed spares or an eBay store with loads of rare titles. It's just nice to have a bit of variety.

A more recent issue for me though is copying, retailers seem to be taking note of what is popular elsewhere and releasing their own versions. I think that applies to this release. Would Zavvi release this one if not for the success of the previous two editions? In my opinion, the answer to that question is no.

I do order From Abroad
USA
Germany
I live in Rep of Ireland so ordering from Zavvi I could consider be ordering from Abroad :p :hilarious:
That's just a bit of tongue and cheek
USA mostly are not Steelbooks but Blu-ray releases that have better extras or Picture Quality and Box Sets like Ben Hur etc

I have ordered a few Steelbooks from Germany

Prices from USA and Germany have been cheaper or around the same when ordering from the UK

I Do like a lot of the Asia Releases but the prices are just to expensive and not worth it in my opinion as you also have the shipping costs also very expensive

If Asia Releases were cheaper then yes I would order after shipping costs included
So if Zavvi do a release that I want then they get my money its as simple as that especially if its a price that's normal range €15.00 to €30.00

I don't consider paying €50.00 to €100 normal for a steelbook with 1 Blu-ray Disc that's just my opinion

Zavvi and the Film Studios are releasing lot more titles now that are limited to 2000 and I expect we will see lot more in coming months
But at least the Price will be around the usual €18.99 to €24.99

It means I get to buy a steelbook release I like and don't have to pay a high price or have to pay high shipping costs also
Some releases I might not be interested in and some I will want

The Big Blue Steelbook will still sell out due to it been limited to 2000
Some people will buy it even if they already have the Asia Release and others will buy it because they did not get a chance to buy the Asia Release

I Don't see any problems with this release end of the Day its is a First Time UK Steelbook Release and no one is been forced to buy it and there will still be 2000 happy customers

Last edited:
I only mentioned this release in one of the other threads a week or two ago... glad to see they're still going ahead with it!

Thread%20Necromancy.jpg

I guess we can't give up on this completely (Indiana Jones, anyone?), but sounds like Zavvi may have moved on from this one. Once KimChi released theirs, the idea that this was some Grail based on a difficult to obtain Japanese version largely vanished. My guess is they don't care about this title anymore.

Artwork looks good

With this been a STUDIOCANAL release it most likely will be a gloss finish

I have the Kimchi Steelbook but I might be getting this as well but only when price is about £12.99 to £14.99

Never seen the film and not feeling that art. Pass from me