The Dark Knight Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Fanatic Selection No.11, 12 & 13) [Hong Kong]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Lenticular Boxset
FS.jpg

There isn't much of a lesson there... that set cost a lot more than 300bucks to buy, so they have sensibly put a reserve on it. The 1k bin price is excessive though.
That’s what you see when you look at that? The lesson to learn is “you can’t make money from selling these” so stop buying them for that sole purpose. Geez

That’s what you see when you look at that? The lesson to learn is “you can’t make money from selling these” so stop buying them for that sole purpose. Geez
Well, yeah. I mean an auction is an auction, it will go for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You don't know what the reserve is, but you've gotta make sure you at least make a small profit on it to make the resale worth your time. This is a relatively niche, pricey item, it just makes sense to do that.

The BIN price is excessive, I said that. To be fair though, these were selling at up to £600gbp at GB stage. I'm not saying I condone buying purely to resell, which you don't know is the case here tbh. Someone may just not want it, or got lumbered with an extra copy. There's no lesson to be learnt there.

Well, yeah. I mean an auction is an auction, it will go for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You don't know what the reserve is, but you've gotta make sure you at least make a small profit on it to make the resale worth your time. This is a relatively niche, pricey item, it just makes sense to do that.

The BIN price is excessive, I said that. To be fair though, these were selling at up to £600gbp at GB stage. I'm not saying I condone buying purely to resell, which you don't know is the case here tbh. Someone may just not want it, or got lumbered with an extra copy. There's no lesson to be learnt there.
Ok you say were selling at $600 like if they were flying off the shelves at that price. There are only a handful of dumbasses that will pay those ludacris prices. And now they think everybody will. They’re finding out the hard way that “We Won’t” lol

Ok you say were selling at $600 like if they were flying off the shelves at that price. There are only a handful of dumbasses that will pay those ludacris prices. And now they think everybody will. They’re finding out the hard way that “We Won’t” lol
Again mate I'm not defending their prices, I'm not UHDC, I don't price their stuff! Hahaha It's silly money imo. My point is, if £600 GBP ($750) is what they cost at the point of a GB (which was the only way to buy them), how much do you actually think someone would have resell one for, so they break even?

Factoring in ebay fees, that's like $850. Having $900 in your head, for the fuss for it, would be sensible. Adding a BIN option for like 10% more than that isn't exactly unusual for any listing.

I get your gripe, and more fool the people who chose to pay £600 GBP for the set at GB stage, but that's just the cost of it. I feel like you haven't thought this through. There is no lesson lol

The GB cost of that was $750 omfg thanks for that. That is hilarious lol rotfl and it only sold for $305 lol scalpers are geniuses lol smart way to make money. Go back to school.

Again mate I'm not defending their prices, I'm not UHDC, I don't price their stuff! Hahaha It's silly money imo. My point is, if £600 GBP ($750) is what they cost at the point of a GB (which was the only way to buy them), how much do you actually think someone would have resell one for, so they break even?

Factoring in ebay fees, that's like $850. Having $900 in your head, for the fuss for it, would be sensible. Adding a BIN option for like 10% more than that isn't exactly unusual for any listing.

I get your gripe, and more fool the people who chose to pay £600 GBP for the set at GB stage, but that's just the cost of it. I feel like you haven't thought this through. There is no lesson lol
At least 850. I think fees are typically 15%, so I’d guess it’s probably 882ish shipped is break even (assuming there’s no profit in shipping).

Reactions: samdavies
At least 850. I think fees are typically 15%, so I’d guess it’s probably 882ish shipped is break even (assuming there’s no profit in shipping).
Man and if only fleabay didn’t have that reserve option, scalpers would have gotten out of the game quick. And to make it worse, you know he’s the one that bid $305 so that means people were only willing to pay $300 for what he paid $750 for. Hilarious

Man and if only fleabay didn’t have that reserve option, scalpers would have gotten out of the game quick. And to make it worse, you know he’s the one that bid $305 so that means people were only willing to pay $300 for what he paid $750 for. Hilarious
Not really, they just wouldn't put them up for auction lol auctions are risky asf, unless you know for a fact it's high in demand. I literally never put anything up for for auction. I'd rather wait it out for a decent offer than get shot quick for a poor price. I'm talking about general sales btw, not scalping.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
I assume they were going to use their exclusive steels, but then thought, whatta hell, we copied pretty much everything, why bother at all, and cheapened out entirely.
There are some differences. The Blufans WEA box set won't have any booklets and only one numbered card. The Fanatic Selection WWA box set will have the 3 booklets and 3 numbered cards. Obviously, the one click boxes have different art and one is lenticular (FS) and the other (BF) is not. And the back art on the 3 individual slips in the Blufans WEA box set have new back art.

Last edited:

That UHDC set was £385 from memory.

Reactions: laz305
I don’t know. Most of the auctions I see are buy it now listings. Given that you have to pay extra for a reserve, I don’t even see the point in doing it. Just put up a listing for a price set at whatever you want (it’s free to list) and see what happen. I’m not even sure if regular auctions are free to list or not (bc I honestly can’t remember the last time I listed something that wasn’t just a set price…at least 10 years ago, I suspect.

I don't think it was... not the 4K set anyway. They did a 1080p set after, with a white outter box (which I thought was nicer tbh). That was about the price you're talking, 4K set wasn't.

I bought the 4K set and that’s what it cost me.

Don’t think I got any kind of special price.

Edit: Just checked back to make sure. Set was $498 plus $21 in random fees which converted to £384.69 on my card. Not cheap but there’s been plenty worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: laz305
I bought the 4K set and that’s what it cost me.

Don’t think I got any kind of special price.

Edit: Just checked back to make sure. Set was $498 plus $21 in random fees which converted to £384.69 on my card. Not cheap but there’s been plenty worse.
Oh, fair. You got it for a good price then. Well, I say "good" subjectively, I still don't think it's worth that personally. The GB I saw floating around fb had them up at the 500-600 mark, so others got a comparatively far worse deal than you did.

I don’t know. Most of the auctions I see are buy it now listings. Given that you have to pay extra for a reserve, I don’t even see the point in doing it. Just put up a listing for a price set at whatever you want (it’s free to list) and see what happen. I’m not even sure if regular auctions are free to list or not (bc I honestly can’t remember the last time I listed something that wasn’t just a set price…at least 10 years ago, I suspect.
That’s right I forgot. You have too pay when you use the reserve option lol omg I would love too know how much he is loosing everytime he puts it up for auction lol