The Dark Knight Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Fanatic Selection No.11, 12 & 13) [Hong Kong]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Lenticular Boxset
FS.jpg

Oh, fair. You got it for a good price then. Well, I say "good" subjectively, I still don't think it's worth that personally. The GB I saw floating around fb had them up at the 500-600 mark, so others got a comparatively far worse deal than you did.

That was on the other site where I imagine most people grabbed it.

If they paid that much more above UHDCs cost on a FB GB then it’s not really a group buy but more of a mass pre order scalping. Also those that paid that are morons to not question it.

I agree it was a touch too much too. I joined and the price was higher than I expected and didn’t offer enough over my HDZ set so I sold it on at a small profit.

So to clarify, by Lenticular they mean only the outer box, right, not any of the fullslips?
And same goes for the Blufans version, no lenti slips there?
Because some people on other sites and forums assume they are going to be lenticular...

So to clarify, by Lenticular they mean only the outer box, right, not any of the fullslips?
And same goes for the Blufans version, no lenti slips there?
Because some people on other sites and forums assume they are going to be lenticular...
Tbf, I don't think anyone really knows. Seeing as the slip fronts look the same in both sets, and are also the same as the wwa slips, I think they're just FS'. It's likely the outter box that's lenticular, transitioning between each bat logo design.

Reactions: laz305
I have listed both group buys.
So i understand this right...

The Fanatics set is a transitional lenticular OC box, with the 3 collector's edition sets already available in Europe.

The blufans set has 3 new blufans slips, with the front art from the EU collector's editions, and the rear is an exclusive blufans lenticular? Plus the extras (minus booklet) from the collector's editions, and the blufans WEA steels, in a different OC box.

What an interesting collection to offer.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
So i understand this right...

The Fanatics set is a transitional lenticular OC box, with the 3 collector's edition sets already available in Europe.

The blufans set has 3 new blufans slips, with the front art from the EU collector's editions, and the rear is an exclusive blufans lenticular? Plus the extras (minus booklet) from the collector's editions, and the blufans WEA steels, in a different OC box.

What an interesting collection to offer.

From what i see here and what Kevin said on other forum differences are circled with red.

From what i see here and what Kevin said on other forum differences are circled with red.
Did you mean to attach something? The differences seem to be the slips, steels, no booklets for blufans, and the OC box.

Mainly what I'm trying to establish is what's going on with the blufans slips lol because they've got different rears, so the entire slip is probably blufans quality, plus they're supposed to be lenticular.... but which part :rofl:

Did you mean to attach something? The differences seem to be the slips, steels, no booklets for blufans, and the OC box.

Mainly what I'm trying to establish is what's going on with the blufans slips lol because they've got different rears, so the entire slip is probably blufans quality, plus they're supposed to be lenticular.... but which part :rofl:

I don't know except this things circled in red. Those i believe are specific to each edition.

52832125702_1c73e9ef47_k.jpg

Yeah, those too. But those are major ones. I guess in the end it comes down to personal wishes which one to own in regards to content.
For many i suppose having so little differences they won't buy both but just one of these. Especially with ML releasing trilogy in 2nd part of this year - hopefully.

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah, those too. But those are major ones. I guess in the end it comes down to personal wishes which one to own in regards to content.
For many i suppose having so little differences they won't buy both but just one of these. Especially with ML releasing trilogy in 2nd part of this year - hopefully.
Yep. I'm on the fence. Quite fancy the blufans set here, but I've already got BB DL, and I don't have enough info about the slips to know what to expect. Plus manta, so yeah, hmmm

Yeah I’ve also read elsewhere that both sets slips would supposedly be lenticular but we just don’t know for sure.

That’s why I’ve taken the punt on Fanatics as I’ve already got the BF WEA steels from their standalone releases.

Yeah I’ve also read elsewhere that both sets slips would supposedly be lenticular but we just don’t know for sure.

That’s why I’ve taken the punt on Fanatics as I’ve already got the BF WEA steels from their standalone releases.
I don't know, but I think it's the OC box that's lenticular on the Fanatics. Their slips look exactly the same as the WB EU ones, check the spines. The blufans one's have new blufans spines, and rears. So i think the Fanatics one's will literally be those 3 slips repackaged in a OC. As you say, don't know, so it's a punt.

I don't know, but I think it's the OC box that's lenticular on the Fanatics. Their slips look exactly the same as the WB EU ones, check the spines. The blufans one's have new blufans spines, and rears. So i think the Fanatics one's will literally be those 3 slips repackaged in a OC. As you say, don't know, so it's a punt.

Yeah I think that will likely be the case but just passing on what I’d read from someone that deals directly with them.

But as said, I do still think they will likely just be normal slips on the fanatics. Especially as in the images the Fanatics slips are shown as UK / European slips would be but the BF ones are reversed as is usually the case.

Attachments

• IMG_7046.jpeg
    IMG_7046.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7047.jpeg
    IMG_7047.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 49
I keep getting confused about the abbreviations….so WWA just means ‘World Wide Art’, which is actually the opposite of WEA (‘World Exclusive Art’)?

Reactions: djjez83 and laz305
I keep getting confused about the abbreviations….so WWA just means ‘World Wide Art’, which is actually the opposite of WEA (‘World Exclusive Art’)?
Correct. Steels with artwork you can get anywhere, vs steels with exclusive artwork you can only get from one retailer.

Reactions: Zelos and laz305