The Fifth Element (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's & Deluxe Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: June 19 June 26 July 10 End of July, 2023
Purchase links: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition - Deluxe Edition (Pre-order on November 25, at 00.00 AM UK time)
Price: £26.99 (SteelBook only) - £59.99 (Collector's Edition) - £99.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team

Screenshot_20221124_170305_Facebook.jpg8FBC96F3-E4EB-445E-ACFD-E74FA34E164F.jpeg F3E6D1EB-D9BD-4957-BFA0-4EE20B43AD03.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The sending email to support guys are from India, who have no idea whatsoever. Sounds like the response on twitter had more of a chance to know, but still didn't reveal anything.
I'm pretty sure the people I talk to on Instagram chat are not in india. Like when I talk to them about damaged items they don't seem to just use canned replies.

Reactions: K1SK1S
Being proactive isn't weird. Maybe learn to not judge others there my friend.
That’s not proactive. It’s common knowledge EB have delays and we all knew day 1 this would be the same. And heads up Léon will also be the same. They’ve posted pics so it’s still happening. So have some patience you melt. And yeah I will f**king judge you and the rest who’s posting their zavvi CS replies for wasting some customer service persons time when they don’t have a f**king clue either and then they end up taking sh!t from people for something out of their control. Very proactive

Only people that should be worried to a degree is anyone who’s moved. However this will be back in stock anyway. Anyone with expired cards will get the option to change payment. So maybe stop wasting their time asking stupid questions

I wouldn't say it's being proactive either. It isn't a situation you, as the buyer, can be proactive about. You have no control over the dispatch of stock, nomatter how often you complain to CS about it. Neither do zavvi CS until they receive it tbh. The hut group will want them released asap, as they've funded project. So you can bet they'll be charging you as soon as they can.
Can't be proactive as a buyer? You can literally cancel your order so I don't subscribe to that narrative.

That’s not proactive. It’s common knowledge EB have delays and we all knew day 1 this would be the same. And heads up Léon will also be the same. They’ve posted pics so it’s still happening. So have some patience you melt. And yeah I will f**king judge you and the rest who’s posting their zavvi CS replies for wasting some customer service persons time when they don’t have a f**king clue either and then they end up taking sh!t from people for something out of their control. Very proactive

Only people that should be worried to a degree is anyone who’s moved. However this will be back in stock anyway. Anyone with expired cards will get the option to change payment. So maybe stop wasting their time asking stupid questions
Why are you getting lairy over a difference of opinion? You're on a movie collecting forum thinking because you have enough experience being fobbed off that means everyone else should be like you. I accept you've bought into a culture that allows for endless broken promises... I do not. I've cancelled my order based on their response or lack of it. It's that simple. Proactive.

Everyone is different and some people allow companies to string them along and some don't, everyone's tolerance level is different. We arent the same, me and you.

Also the fact you think I've being "giving Zavvi CS ****" says more about you than me... some of us have decorum and can be polite and friendly.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Can't be proactive as a buyer? You can literally cancel your order so I don't subscribe to that narrative.
That's not proactive either.. if anything that's counterproductive to you receiving your copy, quite literally, as you've cancelled it.

What you're doing in reality is complaining, which is fine, and you're obviously entitled to do. Best not to pretend it's helping the situation though, because all you're doing is wasting time.

If you want your copy, just wait for it and accept there's nothing you can do to speed up the process. If you don't, then cancel it, and that's that. It sucks, but that's the position we're all in atm.

Reactions: Billy Talent
That's not proactive either.. if anything that's counterproductive to you receiving your copy, quite literally, as you've cancelled it.

What you're doing in reality is complaining, which is fine, and you're obviously entitled to do. Best not to pretend it's helping the situation though, because it isn't.

If you want your copy, just wait for it and accept there's nothing you can do to speed up the process. If you don't, then cancel it, and that's that.
It's not counterproductive for me. You've just attatched connotations to an action (cancelling) that apply for you and not me. It'd be counterproductive for you to cancel perhaps as you are willing to put up with extended delays to potentially recieve something. I am not, so it's impossible for it to be counterproductive. I'd rather put money elsewhere to another purchase than commit to hanging on any further.

Proactive

(of a person or action) creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.

Alas I'm in control of my payment so I've cancelled in good time. Hope you understand my situation now. Cheers.

It's not counterproductive for me. You've just attatched connotations to an action (cancelling) that apply for you and not me. It'd be counterproductive for you to cancel perhaps as you are willing to put up with extended delays to potentially recieve something. I am not, so it's impossible for it to be counterproductive. I'd rather put money elsewhere to another purchase than commit to hanging on any further.

Proactive

(of a person or action) creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.

Alas I'm in control of my payment so I've cancelled in good time. Hope you understand my situation now. Cheers.
I get what you're saying, you're in control of your own ability to retain/pay, or cancel orders, yadayada.. obviously, but sure.

Thing is though, if you don't want it, what's the point in making a fuss about the amount of time it's taking in the first place?

Surely you want it, or you'd just have done with it already? With that train of thought, of course cancelling is counterproductive, because you'll never receive the damn thing. It's nonsensical.

well, in *theory* complaining and canceling your order might have an effect, if they struggle to sell the stock as a direct consequence... but in *reality* they will just sell it to the next in line without any (direct) consequences

and what would you want from them anyways?

have a more realistic release date? sure, that shouldnt be a problem.. saves you some frustration i guess

get your product quicker? pretty sure any realistic acceleration of the process would involve a higher price tag to compensate for the extra staff/work hours, QS, etc.. required

Reactions: Billy Talent
I get what you're saying, you're in control of your own ability to retain/pay, or cancel orders, yadayada.. obviously, but I get it.

Thing is though, if you don't want it, what's the point in making a fuss about the amount of time it's taking in the first place?

Surely you want it, or you'd just have done with it already ? So with that train of though, of course cancelling it is counterproductive, because you'll never receive the damn thing. It's nonsensical.
You've missed my point. I did want it. I don't want it now, as I'm not willing to be kept in the dark. A simple explanation would have satisfied me (which is why I attempted to investigate)... however I'm not satisfied with the response and don't take kindly to being fobbed off. I could understand lack of information the first time but we are months down the line and without any explanation whatsoever. Just not good enough for me. Whilst this may feel nonsensical to you, in contrast, for the reasons laid out above, it makes perfect sense to me. As I've said I'll only tolerate so much before I think you're taking advantage of my understanding. I think if you were dealing with an individual you might feel similar to me? (For instance a purchase on ebay) but as it's a company there often seems to be a special dispensation and I don't feel there should be when there's extremely poor communication.

well, in *theory* complaining and canceling your order might have an effect, if they struggle to sell the stock as a direct consequence... but in *reality* they will just sell it to the next in line without any (direct) consequences
Very true and I often stand alone on moral subjects. I don't mind it and value meeting like minded people in life.

Reactions: hatredhorror
and what would you want from them anyways?

have a more realistic release date? sure, that shouldnt be a problem.. saves you some frustration i guess

get your product quicker? pretty sure any realistic acceleration of the process would involve a higher price tag to compensate for the extra staff/work hours, QS, etc.. required
Honestly just some transparency and honesty. That's it.

Reactions: hatredhorror
You've missed my point. I did want it. I don't want it now, as I'm not willing to be kept in the dark. A simple explanation would have satisfied me (which is why I attempted to investigate)... however I'm not satisfied with the response and don't take kindly to being fobbed off. I could understand lack of information the first time but we are months down the line and without any explanation whatsoever. Just not good enough for me. Whilst this may feel nonsensical to you, in contrast, for the reasons laid out above, it makes perfect sense to me. As I've said I'll only tolerate so much before I think you're taking advantage of my understanding. I think if you were dealing with an individual you might feel similar to me? (For instance a purchase on ebay) but as it's a company there often seems to be a special dispensation and I don't feel there should be when there's extremely poor communication.
No, I do get it, the mortality or principle of the point. I just guess that's where we differ.. Don't get me wrong, I do have principles, but delays (and lack of transparency surrounding them) won't stop me getting something I want.

Presented with the open of keeping an open preorder (for which I have not been charged) and wait for an eventual release, or cancel and not get it, it's nonsensical to me to cancel. The preorder isn't doing any harm sat there.

I know well enough that you'll never get the answer you want out of zavvi CS, because they simply haven't got a clue. That's always a waste of time tbh with you, and I wouldn't take it to heart more than any other than chatbot response.

@Flloydo well I just love being a Karen. It validates my existence :LOL:

I'm a customer, I paid for a service so as a Karen, I contacted customer service. Like, I LOVE complaining, I'm British, we complain as soon as we get up in the morning.
*This is the truth* :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Flloydo