The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Ext. Edition) (3D+2D Jumbo Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 11th, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

Notes: 5 discs
Features a 13-Minute Longer Cut and 
 Nearly Nine Hours of New Special Features

91Un7PuTkdL._SL1500_.jpg

91ESZk0KjnL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible artwork, cheap & nasty like a straight to video effort. Why not use the original poster artwork of Bilbo opening the door to his house ? its a darn site classier than this travesty. :angry:
If there's an Amaray of this edition its getting my cash unless other countries have a better design.

6 disc won't work in G2. The first pic you link to there is a G1. In G2, the discs overlap much more meaning that the swing tray won't fit

i'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference - i only used that G1 pic cause thats the only steel i can think of where 4 discs have been laid out like that instead of the regular way. but yeah, the discs are a little closer in a G2. If it was a problem tho, the flipper tray can actually be single sided, but the same overlaping layered design as the left and right sides - this is what was done with the amray SAW Gorerology collection

i'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference - i only used that G1 pic cause thats the only steel i can think of where 4 discs have been laid out like that instead of the regular way. but yeah, the discs are a little closer in a G2. If it was a problem tho, the flipper tray can actually be single sided, but the same overlaping layered design as the left and right sides - this is what was done with the amray SAW Gorerology collection

I'm not sure it's possible to fit five discs. We saw from the UK release of The Shawshank Redemption that four is pushing it with the case bulging in some instances.

It really is ugly looking. They should of just used the picture in the bottom right. I bet the awful blue banner will be stuck on there and it will be a jumbo too. Major pass

This makes me regret buying the standard amaray sooo much :( I am still going to pre order it though cuz I want to watch the extended version before Desolation of Smaug :D