The Official SteelBook Custom Glossing thread!

howiesteed

sex panther ltd .CEO
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2013
burton on trent
Here us a slight guide to the way I glossed mine ok here's what I used

A gravity fed spray gun
yvavu2y8.jpg

Then I used some accelerator and clear coat which I use when I spray cars also added is a slight but if thinners I think it's 2 to 1
apy7e8ar.jpg

The steels are wiped over with cleaners I get rid of grime and oil that fingers can lea e and any oils
desuse2y.jpg

Then I spray it in a booth which is heated and has ventilation AND IS HEATED KNOWN AS AN OVEN
Basically it what I use to spray car bits
apuhypa3.jpg

Then spray and leave them to harden at least a day and this will be hard enough to polish to

ysu6egez.jpg

OH I FORGOTTO ADD A PICTURE OF THE HARDENER AND THE FACT I GET ALL KITTED UP LIKE WALTER WHITE FROM BREAKING BAD ....

WELL A BREATHING MASK AND OVERALLS AS THIS STUFF ISNT GOOD FOR BREATHING IN A CONFINED SPACE

Edited for trading
8ebyge6a.jpg

ra8ane2e.jpg

attachment.php

and can do sparkly too
ty7apuve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First time glossing and my victim was the Last Samurai from Best Buy. How many coats do you guys usually do? I was thinking about 2 or 3...
Don't have any before photos, but one problem that I got was on the back cover near the spine, it created a line build up...

y6are4u8.jpg

y2a4eny8.jpg

pazahu7e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316 and ocielz
Here are a couple more customs that I made.

The Hangover with glossy sunglasses.
I think this one turned out really well. See more pictures in my gallery.

Batman Returns with "invisible" bat symbols.

Got these today from howiesteed! Sent off Thor 2 and W-I-R to be glossed up and found a mermaid along the way:
1a56ab.jpg

This looks a million times better than the standard issue!
0ee650.jpg

So pretty
967701.jpg

Thor is absolutely stunning. Howie glossed it all up and then did a higher spot gloss on Thor and the back images. Pics don't do it justice.
0151ba.jpg

Wreck-It-Ralph looks so good. A nice deep black makes the colors really pop.
eca2a3.jpg

I'll have to post some pics of the Lacquer glossing. It has a smooth finish but if you put them in polybags, the finish gets damaged. Even with a long time drying, it still get messed up. The little mermaid with Sprinkles (?) Was also damaged due to polybags.

Hummm ill check mine later ocielz mine are in the plastic sleeves not poly bags if it's a major problem I can bring one over with me in march lol and swap it as it'll just need sanding and buffing to sort out any lawyer damage

Reactions: ocielz