The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
How did you find invisible man, horse girl and Jumanji 2? All so different but I really liked them. Especially invisible man.
Rock and hearts devito and glover impressions killed me. Was actually spot on

The Invisible Man was damn near perfection. It was suspenseful and so-beautifully shot. Between that and Upgrade, Leigh Whannell is quickly proving that he's so much more than just James Wan's go-to writer/collaborator. Horse Girl had a strong start, but then it went off the rails for me. I felt the first two-thirds of the film were wonderfully told, but then the last act just became a different film altogether (one that seemed strange just for the sake of being strange). Alison Brie was fantastic, but I felt letdown in the end. Jumanji: The Next Level had me in tears! It was SO funny and fun... exactly what I needed at a time like this. And I agree, Rock and Hart nailed the DeVito/Glover impersonations! :LOL:

@tridon watch the hunt mate. It’s decent

I've got The Hunt rented, bud! It'll either be that or Guns Akimbo (which I also rented) for my next flick! :thanks:

Reactions: Flloydo
The Invisible Man was damn near perfection. It was suspenseful and so-beautifully shot. Between that and Upgrade, Leigh Whannell is quickly proving that he's so much more than just James Wan's go-to writer/collaborator. Horse Girl had a strong start, but then it went off the rails for me. I felt the first two-thirds of the film were wonderfully told, but then the last act just became a different film altogether (one that seemed strange just for the sake of being strange). Alison Brie was fantastic, but I felt letdown in the end. Jumanji: The Next Level had me in tears! It was SO funny and fun... exactly what I needed at a time like this. And I agree, Rock and Hart nailed the DeVito/Glover impersonations! :LOL:

I've got The Hunt rented, bud! It'll either be that or Guns Akimbo (which I also rented) for my next flick! :thanks:

I can’t stop thinking about the invisible man. Just incredible. Everything about it.

Haha, I really loved horse girl and I was just amazed by that final 20 minutes. But I yeah I get it, my mate felt the same as you.

I’m not a massive Kevin heart fan but the new Jumanji films are surprisingly brilliant. But yeah them 2 in the new one had me in tears

Oh sweet, I didn’t realise guns akimbo was out. I’ll try and check it out

Reactions: tridon
Situation in France as for now :

- Country on lock down since March 17th - curfew at 22PM since March 21st
- Going out is not allowed except for : buying food once a week, going to medical appointments, jogging 1km, taking the dogs out once a day around the house.
- "non vital" companies have closed.
- Public transport less and less available - Travels not allowed. Beach and open markets closed.
- Minister of Justice decided to free 5000 inmates who were close to release date.
- Our medical corps are going nuts, they don't have masks or even hydroalcoholic solutions - People are encouraged to not wear masks and give them to medics. Even cops are unauthorized to wear masks.
- A scandal have occured a few days ago because former Health minister gave an interview saying that she knew that all this situation would have happened eventually and made President Macron aware back in January. She said he didn't seem to care and was only focus on economic consequences. He even encouraged people to chill and go out to cinema, theaters, concerts etc on March 7th. He refused to report local elections on March 15th.
- First Minister said on TV yesterday that lock down will last a few weeks and schools won't be reopening before May 4th.
- A military hospital has opened yesterday to help dealing with covid positive patients.
- Even if we are on lock down there's lot of mess because President Macron tells people to stay home at all cost but in the meantime he asks people to go to work (????) Even TV journalists are lost - Lots of very funny memes about this situation on Twitter :LOL:
- Due to exceptionnal traffic on Amazon France, they have now decided to focus on food and house supplies only - All other categories (sold and ship by amazon) are showing unavailable on the website (except for preorders).
- Disney+ was supposed to lauch today but french government asked them to report the opening until April 7th because of heavy internet traffic.
- Twitter trending for days #IlsSavaient meaning "TheyKnew" and majority of people ask for a second French Revolution after the end of the epidemic o_O

AFAIK, i was told yesterday that my 13yo daughter's cancer is spreading and she needs chemo. I don't even know how to proceed as they focus on covid positive patients and we don't have enough medical staff. They have asked retired doctors to go back to work to help.
This all situation is a nightmare. Seriously.

Anyways, i hope you are all safe guys.
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. We will get through this together :drool:

NOTE/ All medical staff are absolutely categorical : pets can't carry COVID-19. They can't contamine humans.

Last edited:
AFAIK, i was told yesterday that my 13yo daughter's cancer is spreading and she needs chemo. I don't even know how to proceed as they focus on covid positive patients and we don't have enough medical staff. They have asked retired doctors to go back to work to help.
This all situation is a nightmare. Seriously.

That is awful. I'm so sorry to read that. I can't imagine how you must be feeling but I truly hope your daughter can get the focus and medical care she obviously needs.

What a disgrace when others are out there causing unnecessary selfishness without a care in the world.

Stay positive.

• Friendly
Reactions: ty233
Paper trade.jpg

Fine print: like for like. New X5 gets you new paper. Used X5... yeah...

Government in Rep of Ireland will be announcing later this evening further restrictions that will apply

Mostly will be non essential business to close and further restrictions on gathering in public but not the same as to what is happening in UK

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo and DMD4k
You're still allowed to go out as long as you practice social distancing (1.5-2 metres from another person)

Do we know do animals carry the virus?

*Edit * Actually I'm not sure if that applies for Total Lockdown. I would imagine not......
Found a few articles and apparently it falls under your exercise allowance, so only supposed to take them out once a day per person. I live alone so that's not helpful :(

I've read conflicting stories. I saw a couple of articles a week or 2 ago saying that people's dogs had it.
I've read other articles that say animals can't get it.

I have also seen a video that says the virus can exist on a dog's fur (but the dog won't be infected) and that it can be passed to humans if they were to pass their hand over the fur and then touch their face and so on.

Kind of the same with all of the conflicting stories about how long the virus will remain on certain surfaces.
So many conflicting stories about everything, it's hard to know what to believe. According to the RSPCA they cannot contract it or carry it on their fur but they may be impacted if you become ill or self isolate whatever that's supposed too mean, maybe an empathy thing or disruption to routine? They're recommending to wash your hands before and after stroking them anyway and wear a facemask if possible as a precaution.

Reactions: Stygian and Flloydo
The Chinese recommend you DON'T wear a face mask unless you're infected. This is to stop you passing it on to someone else.

If you don't have symptoms, DON'T wear a face mask. As they want to limit the amount of times you touch your face (which you constantly will do whilst wearing a face mask......)

Here in the UK ... we converted part of our garage into a “Brexit/Armageddon” pantry full of tinned food and other essentials.:rofl:

This has served us well with the hoarders raiding shops and also lucky enough to have a milkman deliver milk and eggs which saves us nipping out to the shops!

Stay safe everyone, watch films try to enjoy time with family and hopefully we will all move smoothly through this pandemic.

What's sad is for the medical professionals that are struggling to get face masks and other PPE (personal protective equipment). I'm watching MSNBC right now where doctors, nurses and medical staff are video messaging the news center saying there's no masks to protect them from potential virus victims. They've been instructed by the CDC that if they have no masks at all to use a bandanna to substitute. (SAY WHAT! :OMG: ) The president has mandated private companies to provide masks, gloves and any other PPE for the medical professionals first hand instead of places like Amazon or private individuals. Doctors and nurses are even getting online searching eBay, Amazon and other sources just to get their PPE that they need. It's a very disturbing challenge that there having to go through right now. :oops:

As I have served in army I have been called in.
We are collecting bodies from the streets/houses/etc and burning them in the fields.
Food stores been empty for days. So looting happens everywhere, no point trying to stop people.
We (army) are on our last legs.
Finland will fall soon.
Perimeters and borders won't hold.
My friends in steelbook business, I'm afraid this is my last goodbye.

Pls play National Anthem ...

Roger and out.

Finnish-army-RS-N-300x225.jpg

No, actually doing pretty fine - thanks for asking. :thumbs::rofl:
Plenty of movies to watch, music to listen and the best of all missus to argue with myriad of things.
One can go out to buy food, medicine and walk the dogs and jogging/etc. But no with more that couple of people

Some stores, restaurants are closed and more restrictions are coming this week.

So interesting tho a bit frightening times, tho I'm more afraid for my elderly parents etc than me.

Reactions: Flloydo and DMD4k
What's sad is for the medical professionals that are struggling to get face masks and other PPE (personal protective equipment). I'm watching MSNBC right now where doctors, nurses and medical staff are video messaging the news center saying there's no masks to protect them from potential virus victims. They've been instructed by the CDC that if they have no masks at all to use a bandanna to substitute. (SAY WHAT! :OMG: ) The president has mandated private companies to provide masks, gloves and any other PPE for the medical professionals first hand instead of places like Amazon or private individuals. Doctors and nurses are even getting online searching eBay, Amazon and other sources just to get their PPE that they need. It's a very disturbing challenge that there having to go through right now. :oops:

Yes, in France, some nurses are using bras to protect themselves because they don't have masks. This is a shame. All governments should be ashamed.

Here is a link for people who can read french : Les infirmières d'Agen se protègent avec des soutiens-gorge

1585058982720.png

Reactions: ty233 and Flloydo