Thor: Ragnarok (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #44) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: May, 2018 (TBA)
Price: $189.99 (One Click) - $74.99 (Double Lenti) - $69.99 (Single Lenti) - $62.99 (Quarter Slip) - (GB will be live between 1800-2100 UK time On Friday 27 April) - Check your local time HERE
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Quarter Slip
Note:
One Click consisting of double lenticular, single lenticular and 1/4 slip

One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Quarter Slip

23753401-381B-49DC-B0DA-882F845B45F0.jpeg CFABA355-8F90-4A74-8B07-CEFCB5EB64EB.jpeg 957E6F56-ACB4-44D7-AC66-B7D7E7718E20.jpeg 74D02014-C37B-49DC-829F-E022AC4BAADB.jpeg
122631zknrsks0trk1xxkk.jpg
122630qokafox0o9pzfzbf.jpg
Actual pics:
dsc_1643-jpg.370776

dsc_1644-jpg.370777

dsc_1645-jpg.370781

dsc_1646-gif.370782

dsc_1648-jpg.370783

dsc_1649-jpg.370784

dsc_1650-jpg.370785

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do some people have to be such a ***? There's no need for such a childish remark just because you haven't taken to 3D :rolleyes:. You don't know what you're missing with more recent 3D setups btw...

Of course my no-disc strategy would have prevented this ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the 'battle' people have between 3D and 4K. They are both preferential types of viewing and neither one is greater than the other because they are completely different media formats, a personal choice if you will.
You cannot compare different things in that way. It's all in your heads and you can't break free of this little ongoing battle because a person prefers one over the other or you have the 'ultimate setup' that somebody else doesn't have.

My personal opinion: I preference 4K over 3D because I'm not a fan of sitting and watching 3D movies at home or wearing the glasses. In the cinema it's an experience but one that I quickly lost interest in because I feel much more comfortable with a 2D viewing.
As far as 4K goes, that is a clear and crisp watch (debatable to many I know) but 4K is the future whether you are into it or not. It's that next jump in viewing and like most other forms of viewing before it (however slowly or quickly it takes) 4K will take over, with some still preferencing previous formats... and then it will be something else and then something else. I roll with the times because I like new and different. I like to watch in a higher quality. That being said, 3D is a 'different' quality, no better or no worse. It's just different. People take on a personal battle between the two because of their own preference, but it is just that, a preference.
As for steelbooks having 3D and no 4K... It's a cheaper product.
If it's 4K and no 3D... It's a product I preference more.
If you prefer one over the other and a steelbook doesn't contain your preference then do the disc swapping biz or just buy your alternative.

God bless you 2D! :kiss:

Reactions: EbonDragon
Of course my no-disc strategy would have prevented this ;).

Chris' manifesto :p

The initial reaction may be one of panic, but this could actually be very good news if you think about it. So good that I actually wish ALL steelbooks came disk-less :OMG::OMG::OMG:. Controversial? Perhaps, but look at the advantages:

1. Everyone has the choice of their preferred disc format to put in the empty steelbook. One or two releases with mandatory 4K discs have basically priced me out of a release that I wanted, and the situation will only get worse as studios try and push the 4K format.

2. Steelbook upgrades would be more appealing. Ever liked a steelbook design, but you already have the amaray release? Put the amaray in the empty steelbook and avoid duplicate discs and wasted expense.

3. It's perfect for "keep it sealed" collectors. As you're no longer paying for a disc you'll never even get a glimpse of, this would be perfect for collectors - especially for those that like to collect multiple editions of the same release.

4. It's future proof. If a new disc format comes out in future, or even a new extended cut - as rumoured with IT - then again, you aren't stuck with a useless duplicate disc that you paid good money for. Just pop the new disc in the empty steelbook.

5. Region locking problems are solved. Disappointed to find your Logan disc from the Manta release didn't work on your region B player? Me too. Being able to put your own region disc in the empty steelbook would solve this issue.

I can't see it happening, but empty cases would be the best thing to happen to steelbook collecting IMHO.

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW
3D is dying its death, 4K is the future.

Not every movie is made in 3D or 3D converted.. Every movie getting released these days is getting a 4k release too more or less Certainly alot more 4k releases are hitting the market than 3D. Not everyone has the technology to play 3D whether they don't have the TV or blu ray capability and though not everyone has a UHD television or player.. UHD is getting specified on more tvs and 3d isn't plus consoles are coming with UHD players built in so they're moving into households just like dvd did .

Reactions: Acalica917
As per now, both 3D and UHD are niche products. The mass majority of viewers only watch 2D DVD/Blu-ray. But so what? As long as there is an interest in the products and it’s profitable enough for studios to carry on, it’s just great to have options so you can choose what you like best. 4K is the future, but it will be many years until it’s standard in most homes and the regular guy buys 4K movies.

As a 3D fan myself (at home with projector and active glasses, not on TV or cinema), I don’t see why those who don’t like it need to talk it down based on their personal preferences, or put it up against 4K. If anything it’s more logical to compare 4K to regular Blu-ray, as 3D is a very different product. Yes to choices!

The only reason why 4K is compared to 3D is because these releases tend not to include both discs thus it becomes a flame war over which is the better format but you're right @Hewitt89 as formats they shouldn't be compared as 3D is a completely different experience whereas 4K is just the next logical upgrade step much like DVD was to VHS and Blu Ray was to DVD

Sooner these releases include all 3 discs the quicker these forum arguments can end :p

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
no offense but if you know enough about UHD you would know that it wasn't (and always) a big leap from blu-ray to UHD compare to VHS to DVD / DVD to blu-ray... and there're many UHD titles that really have inferior PQ than blu-ray counterpart...

gotta disagree. i was rewatching West World from my dvr (in 1080p) and I bought it on 4k a couple days ago. i had to go back to the beginning even though I was halfway done because it's damn near a new show for me. the picture and audio are completely different.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: vexred
gotta disagree. i was rewatching West World from my dvr (in 1080p) and I bought it on 4k a couple days ago. i had to go back to the beginning even though I was halfway done because it's damn near a new show for me. the picture and audio are completely different.
if you read my comment clear enough, you'd know what i'm trying to say...

no offense but if you know enough about UHD you would know that it wasn't (and always) a big leap from blu-ray to UHD compare to VHS to DVD / DVD to blu-ray... and there're many UHD titles that really have inferior PQ than blu-ray counterpart...

If you're referring to me learn how to read because I never said it was a big leap nor that there's always an improvement and regardless of that there's some shoddy Blu Rays out there as well that barely look better than the DVD either

I have always been quick to jump on the next upgrade but I don't think that UHD isn't worth it, not when 8K is already being used in a higher medium, then you have the new Avatar films coming out so don't be surprised if we see a second wind of 3D in a new format, maybe the start of SUHD3D lol

Realistically the studios are not really sure what to back anymore, BD wasn't the success they hoped it would be, nor was 3D. UHD doesn't have the legs, streaming is hindered by download speeds, they have allowed the technology to move to fast and it is too varied for the studios to trap their customers like the old days.

Anyways, back to the SB.
Personally I think that they should have had the back on the front to match the previous two SB's and the front should have been a slip. I haven't been that impressed with BF's recent Marvel releases, I just wish that they would go back and finish of Phase 1 and IM3 from P2.

Reactions: yeslek
I have always been quick to jump on the next upgrade but I don't think that UHD isn't worth it, not when 8K is already being used in a higher medium, then you have the new Avatar films coming out so don't be surprised if we see a second wind of 3D in a new format, maybe the start of SUHD3D lol

Realistically the studios are not really sure what to back anymore, BD wasn't the success they hoped it would be, nor was 3D. UHD doesn't have the legs, streaming is hindered by download speeds, they have allowed the technology to move to fast and it is too varied for the studios to trap their customers like the old days.

Anyways, back to the SB.
Personally I think that they should have had the back on the front to match the previous two SB's and the front should have been a slip. I haven't been that impressed with BF's recent Marvel releases, I just wish that they would go back and finish of Phase 1 and IM3 from P2.
"....they have allowed the technology to move too fast..."
Hear that, Zuckerberg.
Anyway, can't wait for the beauty shots.:D

3D is dying its death, 4K is the future.

Not every movie is made in 3D or 3D converted.. Every movie getting released these days is getting a 4k release too more or less Certainly alot more 4k releases are hitting the market than 3D. Not everyone has the technology to play 3D whether they don't have the TV or blu ray capability and though not everyone has a UHD television or player.. UHD is getting specified on more tvs and 3d isn't plus consoles are coming with UHD players built in so they're moving into households just like dvd did .
Not true(here’s in UK at least)
We seem to get more 3D blu’s stocked in supermarkets, often selling out before the 4K option IF there’s is one available. The 3D sections are growing but the 4K isn’t tiny(cost doesn’t help either).
Plus it’s personally know many people who aren’t interested in 4K movies, or would rather retain the 3D option. I only want a 4K TV for gaming if am honest. I don’t see enough improvement to my preference to want to fork out and upgrade/replace my entire movie collection again. Given the choice, 3D wins here, especially when there are many in my position but being forced to choose between retaining the ability to watch 3D, or lose it to get 4K.

Lastly, only couple of people I know IRL that have 4K tv’s are gamers whose screens are smaller than my 51”

4K isn’t just not getting a grip the way blu or 3D did(though I mostly be believe its a combo of reluctance to upgrade-DVD’s still sell- and the home set up not allowing full upgrade beniefits)