Thor: Ragnarok (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #44) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: May, 2018 (TBA)
Price: $189.99 (One Click) - $74.99 (Double Lenti) - $69.99 (Single Lenti) - $62.99 (Quarter Slip) - (GB will be live between 1800-2100 UK time On Friday 27 April) - Check your local time HERE
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Quarter Slip
Note:
One Click consisting of double lenticular, single lenticular and 1/4 slip

One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Quarter Slip

23753401-381B-49DC-B0DA-882F845B45F0.jpeg CFABA355-8F90-4A74-8B07-CEFCB5EB64EB.jpeg 957E6F56-ACB4-44D7-AC66-B7D7E7718E20.jpeg 74D02014-C37B-49DC-829F-E022AC4BAADB.jpeg
122631zknrsks0trk1xxkk.jpg
122630qokafox0o9pzfzbf.jpg
Actual pics:
dsc_1643-jpg.370776

dsc_1644-jpg.370777

dsc_1645-jpg.370781

dsc_1646-gif.370782

dsc_1648-jpg.370783

dsc_1649-jpg.370784

dsc_1650-jpg.370785

Last edited by a moderator:
Heheh. Thanks. Thought I'd miss this too. Now the only ones missing from my MCU collection are GOTG2 and Dr. Strange. :)
LOL They are the only MCU Blufans I have (GOTG is just the double slip...but fits my WWA steel, with j-card perfectly, so can’t complain...just means I have my first triple dip with that and the FAC box..oops)

Don’t usually like many Blufans releases, (and personally prefer the WWA ‘book’ for Doctor Strange, even though Blufans set is much nicer as a whole, and the slipcase alone is worth the purchase IMO) aside from the Wreck it Ralph and Oz lenti’s From years ago. Though I do own Wall-E(my first BF)

The only other release of theirs I would like, is the Thor lenti, purely for the slip as I have the HMV steel, with additionally added 3D disc. Usually the steels look way too busy for me. I much prefer simplicity and less is more sort of thing, when it comes to steelbook art. Slips however, anything goes.

However, the last few MCU titles are looking much better IMO, and the double lenti’s are outstripping that of any other retailer, so my attention is certainly moving toward blu-fans a bit more. Even if it’s driven by the lenti artwork above all else, per set. :)

stevo with all due respect here, this one was going to be a bloodbath if cooey come on and said gb open fill ya boots site would have crashed alot worse than it did ask @apsmith21 im sure he said site had 14 times loading it was capable of, and it did drop for a little bit and that was without cooey saying gbs live.

we had from this hour to that hour random window slot to give everyone a fair crap crack of the whip.

also i had 4 windows open doing various things to keep track refereshing between them all but i knew thats what i had to do if i wanted a copy.

anyone that wasnt watching the gb section for posts (minimum) to go up is there own worst enemy here you did that or did not do that.

now not im trying to have a go either its just something you goona have to do these blufans overtime have been getting more and more popular. with lots of new members all of a sudden turning up in last couple of weeks that i have noticed.

this situation as it stands is only going to get worse overtime ill bet you £100 on that and trust me its a safe bet.

i would suggest you consider how many windows you have open and what you need to be looking as a way to improve the odds in your favour, i have and found it helpful.

poor old cooey is trying to do his best and no matter what he does there will always be someone not sorted or unhappy for one reason or another. we have seen those posts in last few pages.

as they say its everyman for himself. not that what believe either but as numbers get lower that will be what will happen guarantee it.

the only one thing i would have done different from cooey wasn't even said hello at all till some time later well after in fact

that way its all on the members actual keeping an eye out themselves and upto andy to make sure the servers can cope but im sure he will tell you what a nightmare it is for him too.

all the best
basil :thumbs:
stevo with all due respect here, this one was going to be a bloodbath if cooey come on and said gb open fill ya boots site would have crashed alot worse than it did ask @apsmith21 im sure he said site had 14 times loading it was capable of, and it did drop for a little bit and that was without cooey saying gbs live.

we had from this hour to that hour random window slot to give everyone a fair crap crack of the whip.

also i had 4 windows open doing various things to keep track refereshing between them all but i knew thats what i had to do if i wanted a copy.

anyone that wasnt watching the gb section for posts (minimum) to go up is there own worst enemy here you did that or did not do that.

now not im trying to have a go either its just something you goona have to do these blufans overtime have been getting more and more popular. with lots of new members all of a sudden turning up in last couple of weeks that i have noticed.

this situation as it stands is only going to get worse overtime ill bet you £100 on that and trust me its a safe bet.

i would suggest you consider how many windows you have open and what you need to be looking as a way to improve the odds in your favour, i have and found it helpful.

poor old cooey is trying to do his best and no matter what he does there will always be someone not sorted or unhappy for one reason or another. we have seen those posts in last few pages.

as they say its everyman for himself. not that what believe either but as numbers get lower that will be what will happen guarantee it.

the only one thing i would have done different from cooey wasn't even said hello at all till some time later well after in fact

that way its all on the members actual keeping an eye out themselves and upto andy to make sure the servers can cope but im sure he will tell you what a nightmare it is for him too.

all the best
This was very insightful, and it ma

all the best
This was very insightful. I had no idea that it was a part of the master plan. But now that I know, that makes all the sense in the world. There does seem to be an influx of new members here lately, and some of them come with the sole intention of taking a copy off true ninjas that have been here, supporting this site for ages. Now I understand, Thanks for the clarification, this was very helpful. FYI, I never said cooey did a bad job. These GB's seem to change from 1 to the other, its so dynamic. Hard to keep up sometimes. But yeah, now I know. I'll just have to be extra diligent next time.

There does seem to be an influx of new members here lately, and some of them come with the sole intention of taking a copy off true ninjas that have been here, supporting this site for ages.
Have a little respect for the new folks stevo, they deserve to be here just as much as you do. You were new here once and folks made way for you. Just because there new here doesn't mean there not Ninjas, if they register they are true Ninjas plain and simple whether their new or have been on the site for a while.

Have a little respect for the new folks stevo, they deserve to be here just as much as you do. You were new here once and folks made way for you. Just because there new here doesn't mean there not Ninjas, if they register they are true Ninjas plain and simple whether their new or have been on the site for a while.
I did say "some" didn't I? It's not too far fetched that some come here just for the GB's. I heard it was absolute chaos over at that other website. People clicking on the buy button in 3 seconds or less missed it, that's how crazy it's like over there.

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
I did say "some" didn't I? It's not too far fetched that some come here just for the GB's. I heard it was absolute chaos over at that other website. People clicking on the buy button in 3 seconds or less missed it, that's how crazy it's like over there.
As someone who doesnt post too often, I actually still try to contribute when it comes to finding release dates, etc...I honestly tried to buy a one click (would have been my first one click ever) just to be able to help any other members that may have missed out on the group buy. I would have kept one edition for myself then sold the others to angone who needed one. Unfortunately, the site crashed when i hit buy, and I missed out on the one click but was lucky enough to get a double lenti (after the site crashing on me a second time trying to secure a single).

It is unfortunate for others to have missed it. I’ve had to buy almost all of my marvel blufans through ebay because i started collecting late.

LOL They are the only MCU Blufans I have (GOTG is just the double slip...but fits my WWA steel, with j-card perfectly, so can’t complain...just means I have my first triple dip with that and the FAC box..oops)

Don’t usually like many Blufans releases, (and personally prefer the WWA ‘book’ for Doctor Strange, even though Blufans set is much nicer as a whole, and the slipcase alone is worth the purchase IMO) aside from the Wreck it Ralph and Oz lenti’s From years ago. Though I do own Wall-E(my first BF)

The only other release of theirs I would like, is the Thor lenti, purely for the slip as I have the HMV steel, with additionally added 3D disc. Usually the steels look way too busy for me. I much prefer simplicity and less is more sort of thing, when it comes to steelbook art. Slips however, anything goes.

However, the last few MCU titles are looking much better IMO, and the double lenti’s are outstripping that of any other retailer, so my attention is certainly moving toward blu-fans a bit more. Even if it’s driven by the lenti artwork above all else, per set. :)
Actually, I just found out after checking, that i have the GOTG 2 single lenti from BF. So the only one i'm missing is a Dr. Strange lenti. I only collect lentis for MCU. Usually Blufans because of WEA steelbooks + sturdy slips. But occasionally, i'll go to Kimchi/Nova since they usually have better lentis.
Not a huge fan of BF's Thor lenti. I have it because i dont have any other options to choose from. :LOL:

What I love about these Blufans releases (apart from everything lol) is the box they package them in now. Goodbye silly size infant shoe box and hello sturdy, sexy display box, and I know they've been doing it a while now but these go great alongside the nova sets too. If all sets from all retailers were done this way then I wouldn't complain. As much as the FA maniacs box is nice and big and feels as though you've got what you want for your money, it feels a little out of place to me when I don't actually buy FA other than marvel, and the other one was the GOTG2 set, a much smaller box as it was WWA, so I don't even have continuity between the FA boxes either lol.
Don't get me wrong, these larger boxes look decent to shelve on display to stand steels up on or have as a bit of a 'background' etc but I much prefer the continuity of sets. HD zeta DC sets are alike.

So if it's 40 copies here, 40 (I guess) more on the other forum, where are all the rest being sold?
Fyi, we had a lot more than 40 copies ;)

89 One Clicks
110 DL
32 SL
30 1/4

BR take a large chunk what with their 400+ VIP's and regular GB's too. The rest I assume will be domestically sold in China and it wouldn't surprise me if there were other "mini GB's" held elsewhere too. But not so sure on that last part :)

The rest I assume will be domestically sold in China

I have wondered about this in the past, given the average worker's wage in China, I would think that BF has a select few people that purchase their releases.

Most of their sales have to be overseas, IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: Covcraig

89 One Clicks
110 DL
32 SL
30 1/4

BR take a large chunk what with their 400+ VIP's and regular GB's too. The rest I assume will be domestically sold in China and it wouldn't surprise me if there were other "mini GB's" held elsewhere too. But not so sure on that last part :)

If only HDZeta hooked us up with such quantity

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I have wondered about this in the past, given the average worker's wage in China, I would think that BF has a select few people that purchase their releases.

There has got to be few domestic resellers (who know how much these go for on the international market) making a business out of it. You can easily double your money per title......

89 One Clicks
110 DL
32 SL
30 1/4

Thanks for the info.
I'm sleepwalking. I need to get in the game

What's point of having a store and a price if they aren't going to use their store? More of advertising and promoting more than anything.

No idea mate, I don't work for them :hungry:

However, if I was to take a guess I'd say it would be because they get enough sales via the group buys that are already out there so they don't need to worry about it and potentially some sort of payment issues where they would want to offer PayPal but can't (similar to HDZeta)

I think it’s easy to lose track of the sheer scale of the Chinese population. They’re second only to the US in their number of millionaires. Beijing alone has 213,000 millionaires. That’s almost twice as many as Seoul, and the Korean market certainly doesn’t have any trouble moving copies domestically.

Blufans also tends to stick to big crowd pleasers that have done well in China. I wouldn’t be surprised if the overall allocation of copies ends up being split fairly evenly between international and domestic buyers.

Purely speculation, of course. :coffee:

I think it’s easy to lose track of the sheer scale of the Chinese population. They’re second only to the US in their number of millionaires. Beijing alone has 213,000 millionaires. That’s almost twice as many as Seoul, and the Korean market certainly doesn’t have any trouble moving copies domestically.

Blufans also tends to stick to big crowd pleasers that have done well in China. I wouldn’t be surprised if the overall allocation of copies ends up being split fairly evenly between international and domestic buyers.

Purely speculation, of course. :coffee:

Blufans are very secretive retailer. You don't know what really goes on behind closed doors and give their secrets away :meh: