Which Universal Pictures movie would you like to see from Titans of Cult?

Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /

You guys are asking for movies that already had a steelbook, or 2, or 4.
Gotta ask for titles that never had any steelbook releases.
Yeah, but (and I’m only speaking for myself) they are steels that are terrible because of the art or streaky bacon finishes.

I tried to not include any in my want list but still a few popped out. Zavvi Casper for example. A black glossy steel with a embossed Casper. I can see it in my minds eye. I also mentioned mummy 1&2 because I’m not a fan of them steels although the bossing is decent. Aside from that I did mention the thing because I’ve still not found the perfect steel (plus it’s on their list anyway - that’s going to happen regardless) and as above so below which the title is in German (Katakomben). 8 mile pop art and the really old children of men are pretty crappy too. The rest of my list have no steels from what I know

If ToC improve the quality of their releases, and depending on the choice of artwork etc... I'd love to see Wanted get a special treatment.

Ooooo good one. The classic OG German steelbook was great but we’re due for something new on this one

Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /
JAWS and The Thing should be automatic. Would also love to see 2004s Dawn of the Dead.

Obviously I would say Back To The Future but I would hate to see what TOC would do to that.
They could include a pine tree air freshener :rofl:

magic tree air freshener GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Ooooo good one. The classic OG German steelbook was great but we’re due for something new on this one
Yeah, besides that plastic box collector's edition, I only have a DVD steelbook (same art as German BD).

Would be fantastic to have steelbooks made for Strange Days, Reality Bites, The Jackal (1997), EdTV, Bone Collector, End of Days, The Watcher (2000), Doomsday, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High!

Or, from the more popular ones, Twister, Waterworld, Daylight, Dante's Peak, The Mummy, Spy Game, Inside Man, State of Play, and Green Zone.

Twister and Daylight recently got new HD transfers in France and Germany, so a re-release in NA would be in plans for the studio, I think.
There's a VHS type packaging, mediabook, and a Scanavo case with booklet and slip versions out for both, but no steelbook. :smuggrin:

Reactions: apsmith21
Thanks for the tag @Flloydo :thumbs:

Their stuff has Never really been my cup of tea. Picked up Halloween when it came out but wasn't into the packaging and the steelbook wasn't much better.
To me it was just cheap tat.

Reactions: Flloydo
First, understand what the word CULT means when referring to films, Titans have been so off beam with this term the range has completely lost it's way, I know The Thing has been mentioned, and yes, this is what a Cult film would be classed as, but do we really need another Thing steel ?, no. Jurassic Park, Jaws, Gladiator and BTTF are not films with a cult following, they where massively popular from the get go.

I'm really struggling to think of anything from Universal at the minute. There must be something out there.

Hi everyone.

Maybe Shrek, Despicable Me or Field of Dreams.

Realistically:
About Time - it’s a shame that this doesn’t have a SteelBook release at all. The 10 year anniversary is next year. Make it happen.

Personal choice that probably wouldn’t get picked:
40 Year Old Virgin
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Hot Fuzz
Kick-Ass and Kick-Ass 2 (double)
Liar Liar
The Muppet Movie
Neighbors and Neighbors 2 (double)
Paul
Shaun of the Dead
The World’s End

Honestly man, like I'm super pleased we have someone representing a company like Universal Pictures and asking a forum about Steelbooks and collectibles their opinion for valued feedback but it's just a super shame it's about Titans of Cult

I know people may disagree but you need to tell whoever on top to ease up on this collectors line and do something else.

Look at Blufans, Manta Lab or Cine-Museum for example, now they have some nice packages, with not only good art work but sometimes neat little goodies. At the end of the day I'd rather have normal, original poster styled artwork with a great finish rather than coasters or a pin badge which ends up being the worst choice to use for one.

If you do have something small and collectible then it's got to be something that will knock your socks off, something which you probably wouldn't get as easy at Amazon, Zavvi or Forbidden Planet for example.

First, understand what the word CULT means when referring to films, Titans have been so off beam with this term the range has completely lost it's way, I know The Thing has been mentioned, and yes, this is what a Cult film would be classed as, but do we really need another Thing steel ?, no. Jurassic Park, Jaws, Gladiator and BTTF are not films with a cult following, they where massively popular from the get go.

I'm really struggling to think of anything from Universal at the minute. There must be something out there.
I guess Brazil is a cult film? It does not matter to me if it's a cult film or if it has fancy packaging. The event of the new disc and upgraded image quality should be the main pupose of a new release.

I guess Brazil is a cult film? It does not matter to me if it's a cult film or if it has fancy packaging. The event of the new disc and upgraded image quality should be the main pupose of a new release.
Brazil is Fox release in UK and other International countries now with Disney

USA was Universal release but not in UK

Already has a steelbook release from Fox in 2014

A film cinema distribution not always the same in every country
Home media releases can also have different distribution rights to cinema distribution with some films

@SBCollector88

Some choices by film fans might not be realistic for decent sales and some would be films universal don't have the home media distribution rights

If you could provide a list of films Universal UK have the home media rights to do a release would help a lot

I know Universal will want to use films that will sell well so not every film fans ask for would be considered for a release

If you could provide a list of around 20 to 50 films Universal would consider would help