Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
BR.JPG

G1 steelbook is gloss and embossed. Very nice. No disc

Plus g2 matte steelbook - no discs

Just answer do you think gosling will do a good job in the new blade runner film and if not who would you cast?

Last edited:
dont think I've seen him outside of his recluse persona so fingers crossed

I somehow feel he is the right candidate. It just feels right to me. I think its going to be awesome!

Thanks for the great giveaway @Wreck

I think that over the years Gosling has proved he has range and can pull off a number of different characters, so I like the casting.
Thanks!

Yes, Gosling would be a prefect choice.
Thanks for the great giveaway!

Thank you for the giveaway, Wreck! This is one of my all-time favorite films. I have the original one sheet framed and hanging in my bedroom, much to the chagrin of my wife.

I don't think we need to worry about Gosling. He's a solid actor whose work has stretched across all genres, which for a film like this (depending on what type of character he's playing...i.e. human or possible replicant) is incredibly important. He'll need to tap into every bit of that experience for this film.

My initial worry for the film wasn't Gosling at all. It was who they'd hire as the director of the film after Ridley Scott bowed out. Hell after Prometheus, I wasn't sure I wanted Ridley Scott to direct the film. His first time back at the "Alien" well and he poisoned it. I'm sorry...I hate Prometheus. The film had severe lapses in character logic and intelligence. It was all style and NO substance. Granted it looked amazing but it was incredibly disappointing considering the pedigree of the filmmakers behind the camera.

So when WB announced Villeneuve was directing, I was over the moon. He's a visualist with a knack for impeccable storytelling and coaxing great performances out of his actors. He is exactly what this film needs.

Just realized I ran off topic...my apologies. In short, Gosling will be great.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I've yet to see Blade Runner but I've been wanting to see it so I'm prepared for 2049.

I believe the baby goose can do anything, so he'll probably nail it.

I think he'll do a fantastic job.

He's a versatile actor (From Drive to The Nice Guys)

Even if he was playing an PDLA Officer then I could even see him playing a replicant perfectly. Who knows maybe he's like Deckard and is a replicant himself. Find one replicant by using another one.

Great giveaway aswell.

Gosling is a good actor, but i'm afraid that it will be a miscast and the sequel will become an epic fail, just beacuse it's a sequel of such a legendary movie.
Thank you for the giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.