[WINNER CHOSEN] DOUBLE LENTI DARK KNIGHT BLUFANS GIVEAWAY

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Hey all,

Use this thread to chat about all things steelbook. Chat away ...

In an undetermined amount of time (when I need to submit GB addresses) I will then conduct the giveaway via random.org using the Post #s in this thread.

Your entries could be 1 (if you post 1 time) or 100 if you post 100 times.

At that time, I will figure out who wins the free DL TDK Blufans Edition. If you already bought the DL, you will get yours for free as I will refund you. ;)

I will host the giveaway LIVE on my IG by rolling the virtual dice first, if it lands on 5 then I will randomize the numbers 5 times and whatever # it lands on that post count # is the winner.

I remember buying the fight club steelbook from play.com for a tenner and thinking this is worth it, I will just own this one steelbook for my favourite film. Now I need an entire extra room to store all my blu rays.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
What a great giveaway! :) @Wreck

I suppose I will just tell you guys what my first premium steelbook purchase was, which is Novamedia Big Hero 6 Fullslip. :) I have come a long way since then. :D

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I remember buying the fight club steelbook from play.com for a tenner and thinking this is worth it, I will just own this one steelbook for my favourite film. Now I need an entire extra room to store all my blu rays.
Yeah, I remember first I had 1 3-row cheap media shelf, made of those wooden sticks, so no actual shelves. Then added a second, fifth, along the wall - that was in 2000-2003.
Later BDs started 'pushing out' DVDs into iKea boxes, and then newer BDs older ones. I'm currently very slowly moving between apartments, where a whole room is being prepared for just the discs. Yesterday, did a count, had 25 double stacked shelves and whole 75 boxes (each box approximately the size of such 60cm shelf) stacked in various places in 3 rooms, so basically 75% of the collection doesn't see the light of day - that's no way to live.

bazinga GIF

I got another one, from one of my favorite movies, Stir of Echoes, that recently was released in an excellent edition by Australian Imprint. As anyone, who has seen it, there's a lot of digging.

So GroundDigger's dream:

Man this looks straight up trash. Now we know what you’re taste is like

Man this looks straight up trash. Now we know what you’re taste is like
I don't know, if you're serious, or not, but I LOVE when others trash my trash taste. Really! Get some kind of perverted kick out of it.
The Fifth Element Movie GIF

You're wrong, though, about that movie, it's really scary and funny, it was just unlucky to be released 4 weeks after The Sixth Sense, have similar themes, similar boy that sees ghosts, and was largely overshadowed and ignored because Sense was still reigning at the box office.

Speaking of 'trash', here's one of my favorite movies, Richard Stanley's Hardware (who, I think, was also recently 'canceled' by the frackin' brainless mob), where Dylan McDermott's character purchases a robot head found in the post-apocalyptic trash desert, as a gift for his girlfriend, to make it into her metal trash art.
A nice fan montage set to one of the great songs used in the movie. Voice of Iggy Pop.

Speaking of 'trash', here's one of my favorite movies, Richard Stanley's Hardware (who, I think, was also recently 'canceled' by the frackin' brainless mob), where Dylan McDermott's character purchases a robot head found in the post-apocalyptic trash desert, as a gift for his girlfriend, to make it into her metal trash art.
A nice fan montage set to one of the great songs used in the movie. Voice of Iggy Pop.

You’re definitely right, this is some more trash

If the above is too 'synthwavey', here's another montage, with another song from the movie, Ministry's famous Stigmata. :ohno:

"Get right on down to Reno's for your radiation free reindear steaks. Hurry while stocks last!"

Last edited:
The visuals are awesome in Hardware, I could put any screenshot as a lobby card on the wall, and the subtle world building is sinister and cruel. Here's a couple of quotes from just the radio in the background:

"As planned, the emergency population control bill will take affect at midnight, on the first of the year.
Eager citizens are already lining up at sterilization centers, which will be opened around the clock to aid in the transition, to what the President terms: A clean break from procreation.
In a related story, the two creators of the population control bill were found dead yesterday..."

"We got some good news this morning from Fairisle Electronics. The Defence Department has just given them the go-ahead to mass produce the new MARK-13 Cyborg. And as a result, 800 wonderful new jobs are to be created on the main assembly line.
So get your unemployed asses on down to Fairisle Electronics...and get yourselves a job, huh!"