X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D - In theaters May 23rd, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind.
With: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore
and: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage,

Trailer:

#1:

Attachments

• X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
About to finally watch this!!!! It's been soooooo damn hard not to read comments here :D

Same here Compadre! :angry: I've done my best to avoid this thread! But today, I finally got to see it! EEK! FU**ING AWESOME! Best damn X-Men movie!!! :scat: I saw First Class before going to go see DoFP! :movie: Now I can't wait for Apocalypse! Bring it Singer... (I hope he Directs it! :ohno:)

X-Men_DoFP!.jpg

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GVZER and ocielz
Enjoyed it!!!! Great Movie!!! Sucks they didn't have Costumes or some of the characters from First Class were killed off screen.

I had a Smile from ear to ear when I saw the New future Scenes:D All the OG's Alive :')

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I had a Smile from ear to ear when I saw the New future Scenes:D All the OG's Alive :')

I was expecting that. As soon as I found out months ago that it'd be about time travel, I knew and strongly wished that a reset would happen, and with Bryan being at the helm, it was a no brainer that he'd fix the screw-ups from The Last Stand :scat:

Last edited:
Finally got to see this!!! Not only is it the best X-Men film, it's probably one of the best superhero movies ever. LOVED IT. The ending had me in tears.

Not sure if it has been discussed on here or not, but was it ever revealed how Future Professor X is alive? I know in The Last Stand the end credits scene had some hint of something... but they never explained it I don't think. Any Thoughts on this?

Not sure if it has been discussed on here or not, but was it ever revealed how Future Professor X is alive? I know in The Last Stand the end credits scene had some hint of something... but they never explained it I don't think. Any Thoughts on this?

Here's your answer that Mike posted a few pages back:
there is a post credit scene at the end of x3 that explains that
Essential he projects good consciousness into his comatose twin brothers body

Here's your answer that Mike posted a few pages back:

Awesome Thanks, sorry I missed a lot the last few weeks...

but wait, what!?
"Essential he projects good consciousness into his comatose twin brothers body"

I know i tried to erase in my mind most of what happened in The Last Stand, but since when does he have a twin brother!? OK i think I'm going to need to watch it again now.

The movie was good and I liked it quite a bit. However, I had a problem with the continuity issue of the final scene.

1) Jean being alive doesn't make sense, specially since Charles saw Wolvy's flashback when she died.

2) Jean didn't die because of a Sentinel, so her being back is completely stupid in my opinion.

3) Scott Summers being alive is another problem of mine.

4) I was also baffled by Xavier being there.

Other than that, the movie was good.

Hey Horhay,

All these were basically erased.

We are in a new timeline where what we saw in Last Stand never happened. So after they changed the past, we don't know what happened after 1973.

There are still continuity issues/unaswered questions like why the one that is discussed in previous pages where Xavier is still alive* in the dystopian future (which it is in the same timeline with Last Stand).

*I know that Xaviers consciousness swapped bodies in the post credits scene after Last Stand, but still, I wanted more on that.

Hey Horhay,

We are in a new timeline where what we saw in Last Stand never happened. So after they changed the past, we don't know what happened after 1973.

There are still continuity issues/unaswered questions like why the one that is discussed in previous pages where Xavier is still alive* in the dystopian future (which it is in the same timeline with Last Stand).

*I know that Xaviers consciousness swapped bodies in the post credits scene after Last Stand, but still, I wanted more on that.

Good points, but...

I am annoyed that Singer used the flashback but then erased that sequence of events. I am fine deleting and restarting those events. But when you look at the ending, sans any xmen fanboy bias, it doesnt make much sense for certain characters to be there.

Even my wife who is not a comic book fan found the ending to not make sense. I see why Singer did it, but I dont like it.

Hey Horhay,

It's not only this, remember. ...

Xavier saw Logans memory, so he knows what happens to Jean and how he had to kill her. He also tells Xavier to remember Jean, Scott and himself, so Xavier knows what he needs to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Good points, but...

I am annoyed that Singer used the flashback but then erased that sequence of events. I am fine deleting and restarting those events. But when you look at the ending, sans any xmen fanboy bias, it doesnt make much sense for certain characters to be there.

Even my wife who is not a comic book fan found the ending to not make sense. I see why Singer did it, but I dont like it.

Alot of the events in X-Men and Wolverine Xmen Origins were not Singers control and if you read one of the articles previously posted alot of the deaths and directions of the characters were due to scheduling issues while filming those films. So now that Singer is taking the realms of the franchise he's fixing all those issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Playing with time and time travel is always tricky. Easy for a writer to lose the plot, so to speak. That being said, I think I bought it in this movie even if they glossed over the how and the what of it all.

I'm not very familiar with the X-Men comics, so I can't compare the movies to the comics.
I liked this movie a lot. After the Last Stand mess it's good to know that the X-Men movies are back on track (thank you, Bryan Singer!).
I can't wait to see the next one, Apocalypse.

Simon Kinberg has announced that a new, extended edition of the film will be released next summer, called the “Rogue Cut”, which promises more than 10 minutes of additional footage — most importantly, the scenes snipped from Paquin’s subplot. While her name is on the title of the new cut, it’s not just all about Rogue; other footage involving other characters will be added to the film as well.

Read more at http://filmschoolrejects.com/news/x-men-days-of-future-past-rogue-cut.php#IO5blI61Uk7Ja06j.99

• Informative
Reactions: ocielz and Drum18
X_Men_Days_of_Future_Past_70654.jpg

Update:The Rogue Extended Cut of X-Men: Days of Future Past will add 11 minutes and 11 seconds to the film’s runtime.
This brings the full length of the movie up to 142 minutes.

The new cut restores the Rogue-centric action sequence that was cut from the film’s theatrical relese in order to keep the story more focused. The scene is said to involve Magneto (Ian McKellen) and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) mounting a rescue mission to free Rogue (Anna Paquin) from the Sentinel-controlled mutant prison camps.

The Rogue Extended Cut of X-Men: Days of Future Past is expected to be released in the summer of 2015.