Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 579
Last edited by a moderator:
But they still haven't found a way for us to change delivery address. Which would benefit the customer but not them in any shape or form, so why would they?
er, in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and avoid censure, maybe? Or, perhaps not. From the responses I have received from them on this subject, they just don't seem to care!

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Would I be correct in assuming that you cannot change your address with Zavvi?
Yes, you are. They say it's to prevent fraud, but the nice lady I spoke with at the Information Commissioner's Office this morning has advised me that they just need to introduce a process for confirming it's really you requesting the change. As thing stand, she agrees with my belief that they are in breach of Principle 4 of the Data Protection Act.

OK, so here's the response I have received from Zavvi this week regarding the inability to change your delivery address on pre-orders:
Unfortunately, there are two major flaws in their response:

1. They state that you can cancel your existing order and replace it with one using your latest personal details (e.g. address). However, they fail to recognise that this is not possible for limited edition items that have sold out e.g. the recently announced Disney Pixar Steelbooks.

2. They state that in the case of orders, it is not necessary to update a delivery address. That just is not true. The scenario they describe, and the quotation they have given from the ICO website refers to orders that have already been fulfilled and delivered, NOT orders that have yet to be sent. Under these circumstances, Zavvi are obliged to update your delivery address under the Act. Just a bit further up from the paragraph Zavvi have quoted, the ICO website actually states that: "records should be updated for customers’ changes of address so that goods are delivered to the correct location."

Having spoken with a very nice lady at the ICO this morning, she agrees with my assessment, and has asked me to send them a copy of Zavvi's response along with my original enquiry so they can investigate. I did give Zavvi a chance to admit and address the error of their ways before it got to this stage, but there we are!

OK, so here's the response I have received from Zavvi this week regarding the inability to change your delivery address on pre-orders:View attachment 127165

Interesting. Expectations were pretty much met with that response. It doesn't seem as if they're all that bothered about this major inconvenience. I've had to cancel 90% of my pre-orders down to this. Their loss.

If they do eventually get around to it, their careless approach is enough to put anyone off.

Doctor, I admire your perseverance with trying to get to the bottom of this. It's like playing cat and mouse with Zavvi sometimes!

Interesting. Expectations were pretty much met with that response. It doesn't seem as if they're all that bothered about this major inconvenience. I've had to cancel 90% of my pre-orders down to this. Their loss.

If they do eventually get around to it, their careless approach is enough to put anyone off.

Doctor, I admire your perseverance with trying to get to the bottom of this. It's like playing cat and mouse with Zavvi sometimes!
Shhh - Don't tell anyone, but I used to be a Data Protection Officer in a fairly large company, so I do know the Act very well and have had personal dealings with the ICO in a professional capacity...

I only just recently made my first direct Zaavi purchase, and of course a steel I received has a small dent in it.

What can/should I expect in terms of customer service to my address in the States? Can I ask for a partial refund and just keep the steel? Or will they ask me to return it for an exchange? Am I gonna have to pay for the return shipping?

Just, does anyone have any advice for me before I contact customer service and ask for a solution?

Thanks!

I just now received an email from Zavvi informing they are cancelling my order of Howl's Moving Castle - Steelbook becuase it is OOS but when I look on their website they still have a listing which is available to order. :wtf:

I received a steelbook with an terrible dent a couple days ago, the steelbook itself almost won't close because of it.

What's the best course of action with Zavvi?

I received a steelbook with an terrible dent a couple days ago, the steelbook itself almost won't close because of it.
What's the best course of action with Zavvi?
The only way to contact them is through their messaging system when logged in to your account.

If you want a replacement or full refund, chances are they're going to ask you to send it back, other than that they'll probably offer their standard 'do you want a 10% refund?' for a damaged item.
Make sure to upload a picture showing the damage.

Don't expect quick replies, they tend to reply on average around 26 hours later from past experience.

Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service!!! I received a completely damage Captain Philips not too long ago and have been battling for a replacement or refund since. They best solution offered is a 50% partial refund or return the movie with me covering the cost of course. Since I live internationally the return option does not make sense since I purchased the movie at price where shipping is the same. I am avoiding Zavvi purchases and I recommend that others do the same until a change is made.

Just thought you might appreciate an update on this long-running saga, having received a call this week from the Case Officer at the ICO. Incidentally, he referred to an "almost identical case" that he was dealing with regarding Zavvi, which I assume was one of the other Ninjas here who mentioned in one of the Disney threads that they had also reported Zavvi to the ICO on my recommendation.

Anyway, this is the current position:

Generally, as Zavvi have responded to me in their letter, you can (usually) change the address you want an order delivered to by cancelling the original order and replacing it with a fresh order for the same item after updating your address in your account profile (yes, I know this is not always possible, and I cover that below, so please bear with me!). Whilst this is inconvenient, it does mean that in these circumstances (i.e. when the item is still available to order), Zavvi are not in breach of any requirements of the Data Protection Act. By the way, apart from the inconvenience, another customer service aspect of this 'option' is that you could lose out on any discounts that were applied to the original order, but that has nothing to do with Data Protection - it just represents a very poor attitude by Zavvi towards its customers. He did comment that "their system does not seem very user friendly".

When I discussed the scenario where it is not possible to place a re-order i.e. when the item originally ordered is now showing as 'out of stock' e.g. "The Incredibles", "A Bug's Life" etc., then he could see that I had raised an interesting point. However, they are not generally able to investigate on the basis of a 'hypothetical scenario' until such time as an actual incident occurs i.e. someone has been unable to change their address, the item gets delivered to the wrong address, and that person complains to Zavvi, is not happy with the response and reports it on to the ICO. Until something like this happens, then an actual breach of the Act has yet to occur.

Having said that, he did also say that, should they receive "a number" of similar enquiries from people regarding the same situation, then that might trigger the need for them to write to Zavvi to ask them to explain how they would be able to satisfy the requirements of the Act in this particular scenario. Otherwise, as I mentioned above, they would not normally contact an organisation pro-actively to ask them to explain what they might do in certain (exceptional) situations unless there was a clear need to do so.

I had mentioned to him that I was aware via internet forums (i.e. this one!) of people who had cancelled their orders after moving address and had lost out on some 'sold out' limited edition steelbooks as a result. He therefore suggested that I encourage (via such forums) everyone I know that has had this experience, to raise this with Zavvi and themselves. It is only through such constant pressure that Zavvi will either introduce a new process, or prompt the ICO to raise the matter with Zavvi on the back of a large number of complaints or concerns raised with them ([email protected]).

So, fellow Ninjas, it's over to you now if you want to try and influence a change in the way Zavvi operates in these situations! Power to The Ninjas!! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Just thought you might appreciate an update on this long-running saga, having received a call this week from the Case Officer at the ICO. Incidentally, he referred to an "almost identical case" that he was dealing with regarding Zavvi, which I assume was one of the other Ninjas here who mentioned in one of the Disney threads that they had also reported Zavvi to the ICO on my recommendation.

Generally, as Zavvi have responded to me in their letter, you can (usually) change the address you want an order delivered to by cancelling the original order and replacing it with a fresh order for the same item after updating your address in your account profile (yes, I know this is not always possible, and I cover that below, so please bear with me!). Whilst this is inconvenient, it does mean that in these circumstances (i.e. when the item is still available to order), Zavvi are not in breach of any requirements of the Data Protection Act. By the way, apart from the inconvenience, another customer service aspect of this 'option' is that you could lose out on any discounts that were applied to the original order, but that has nothing to do with Data Protection - it just represents a very poor attitude by Zavvi towards its customers. He did comment that "their system does not seem very user friendly".

When I discussed the scenario where it is not possible to place a re-order i.e. when the item originally ordered is now showing as 'out of stock' e.g. "The Incredibles", "A Bug's Life" etc., then he could see that I had raised an interesting point. However, they are not generally able to investigate on the basis of a 'hypothetical scenario' until such time as an actual incident occurs i.e. someone has been unable to change their address, the item gets delivered to the wrong address, and that person complains to Zavvi, is not happy with the response and reports it on to the ICO. Until something like this happens, then an actual breach of the Act has yet to occur.

Having said that, he did also say that, should they receive "a number" of similar enquiries from people regarding the same situation, then that might trigger the need for them to write to Zavvi to ask them to explain how they would be able to satisfy the requirements of the Act in this particular scenario. Otherwise, as I mentioned above, they would not normally contact an organisation pro-actively to ask them to explain what they might do in certain (exceptional) situations unless there was a clear need to do so.

I had mentioned to him that I was aware via internet forums (i.e. this one!) of people who had cancelled their orders after moving address and had lost out on some 'sold out' limited edition steelbooks as a result. He therefore suggested that I encourage (via such forums) everyone I know that has had this experience, to raise this with Zavvi and themselves. It is only through such constant pressure that Zavvi will either introduce a new process, or prompt the ICO to raise the matter with Zavvi on the back of a large number of complaints or concerns raised with them ([email protected]).

So, fellow Ninjas, it's over to you now if you want to try and influence a change in the way Zavvi operates in these situations! Power to The Ninjas!! :thumbs:
Appreciate this!! Presumably, it may well of been me whom he was referring to with the similar case- I got a near identical answer!!
Maybe it may be worthwhile drawing up a generic email to Zavvi that we can send off individually voicing our concerns and whether they could reconsider their policies...

Appreciate this!! Presumably, it may well of been me whom he was referring to with the similar case- I got a near identical answer!!
Maybe it may be worthwhile drawing up a generic email to Zavvi that we can send off individually voicing our concerns and whether they could reconsider their policies...
Good idea, although the last communication I had from them stated this:

Thank you for getting back in touch regarding the change of address on your orders.

We will not be discussing this matter any further with you, our policies abide by the current laws and not allowing the address to be changed on the original order does not affect any of your rights under any current acts or regulations.

If the order is not cancelled, it will be dispatched to the address that you have asked us to send the order to and you will be responsible for collecting this when it has been delivered.
So I'm going to back out of this now (especially as the issue doesn't actually affect me), and leave it to other Ninjas who are affected to sumbit their complaints to Zavvi and the ICO ([email protected]). The more the merrier, as they say (although not for Zavvi)!

Reactions: augustus

Thanks for the follow up, I shall be mailing my complaint ASAP. I think a lot of us are fed up with this poor show from Zavvi and it's about time they knew about it!

hey guys in the USA; i have been trying to do some purchases and if i want to buy more than one steel automatically gives me the 11.99 pound shipping option so if i wanna do the 1 pound shipping i have do do individually! :( anyone has had this problem? this strated just this week for me....

hate how zavvi put 9.99 tracking on expensive items. so they became ever more expensive. IMO nothing to do with weight. steel tend to weight the same ...

:angry:

hey guys in the USA; i have been trying to do some purchases and if i want to buy more than one steel automatically gives me the 11.99 pound shipping option so if i wanna do the 1 pound shipping i have do do individually! :( anyone has had this problem? this strated just this week for me....

well you still have one pound shipping option. I do not.

f...k !