Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 572
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but the confusion simply highlights, yet again, the bizarre way Zavvi runs their business.

I honestly don't understand why they flat-out refuse to make the most basic changes to the way they do things. Not updating credit card details, not being able to change addresses and even this, how about a 'not yet available to pre-order' button instead of 'sold out'?

It's just good business sense.

Sorry but It's all down to money, there will be a significant cost involved in updating their e- commerce tool.
You may find it annoying but if it still sells then its not going to force them to make any enhancements to their site.
No company splashes out money on enhancements unless there is good business reasons behind it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Baltic
I am completely UNABLE to order ANYTHING from Zavvi at the moment...
always getting THIS MESSAGE:

We are sorry but there are items in your basket that we are unable to send to your chosen delivery address. Please remove these from your basket before proceeding.

even when trying to add the address again I am getting the very same message... can´t place and order AT ALL

anyone having the same problems..?

@digitalbabe .. maby you can help..?

...now the delivery optionms in basket keep loading and loading and loading....

still can´t order anything... a friend of mine has the very same problem.. so it´s not just me (or my settings/comp)

after some time this message pops up:

Error loading delivery options. Please try adjusting your delivery address or try again later.

Got the same error here. You have to add a new address and just type the same one in, it worked for me.

It jumped from free shipping to 0.99 GBP shipping though, so it might be that they just made some changes today.

I am completely UNABLE to order ANYTHING from Zavvi at the moment...
always getting THIS MESSAGE:

We are sorry but there are items in your basket that we are unable to send to your chosen delivery address. Please remove these from your basket before proceeding.

even when trying to add the address again I am getting the very same message... can´t place and order AT ALL

anyone having the same problems..?

@@digitalbabe .. maby you can help..?

...now the delivery optionms in basket keep loading and loading and loading....

still can´t order anything... a friend of mine has the very same problem.. so it´s not just me (or my settings/comp)

after some time this message pops up:

Error loading delivery options. Please try adjusting your delivery address or try again later.

same problems when trying to order the F&F steelbooks from zavvi.nl..

WTF??????

I am just completely unable to order these from ANY ZAVVI SITE (friends have the same problem..!!!)

That's weird.

I also just tried another order and again it doesn't work... So first I get an error, then I get two orders in, now the error again.

Remove them from basket - Re-add them - checkout with paypal, worked for me

not working either...

If I am changing delivery address to the UK it´s working.. but that doesn´t help much.. does it?

as soon as I am trying my actual address again I am getting the error message again...

isn´t there a phone number for them or anyboy in here that could tell them it´s all effed up again..

checked various other forums and LOTS people seem to have the exact same problem...
german forums has ALL peeps posting it´s not working...

Hi guys, I've sent our contact an e-mail. I am not sure what's happening here, but hopefully someone can sort it out. Keep in mind it's the weekend, I am not sure if anyone is available. If I receive a reply first, before the issue is resolved, I'll post back. Thanks!

Reactions: TobGud
I found someone here - same problem. he has been asking refunds of tracking costs and have got em ! <- does not that prove they (Zavvi) are wrong !

i just found this out and have been mailing to zavvi. no aswer.

my Q is how can they do this with straight face. they tried to lie to my Finnish pal etc faul tactics ... he pushed them then they finally gave up and payed him. if I'm correct over 40 times now. over 40 times ! that is hell of a lot money !

but they pay only after they have 1st taken extra money. then you have to complain with few emails - then they pay it back.

WHAT KIND OF RETAILER DOES THAT !!!!

edit :

My pal is known user here, but I do not want to give his/hers name - if he/she wants to come and comment it's his/her choise. do not want to force.
I'm a bit late with my response, @nefilim - sorry about that, mate (been a busy week with only intermittent phone access to the net).

In march 2014, Zavvi started to force International Tracked shipping charge (GBP 7.99 / EUR 9.99, EUR 8.99 for Zavvi NL / ES) for any order to Finland that included a steelbook pre-order. Not only to Finland, as I recall a few other members from other countries commenting about that on HDN forums, but I can't remember where they were from. Possibly other Scandinavian countries, and some others?

Of course I inquired about this change several times from Zavvi, but the responses were totally useless: "item weighs over 2kg", "we are only able to ship certain items on a tracked service", "this is a decision that our buyers make". Yeah, right :facepalm:

The curious thing is that once that same steelbook arrives in stock, the shipping is always International Standard (EUR 0.00 / GBP 0.00). Magic, eh? In both situations, I can't change the shipping method. For a steelbook pre-order, International Tracked is forced. For an in-stock steelbook, International Standard is forced.

I was conservative in my estimate in the PM to @nefilim, so far I have had the pleasure of requesting (and receiving) the incorrectly charged shipping cost refund for 61 orders, where not a single steelbook was ever sent International Tracked.

My theory is that if one pre-orders a single steelbook, that would be sent International Tracked. However, I have always added at least one in-stock item to my order; International Tracked gets charged when the in-stock item is shipped (but it's shipped International Standard), and the pre-ordered items can no longer be shipped International Tracked, as the cost for that shipping method has already been charged earlier.

The one time that I managed to receive International Tracked shipping (the "in-stock" item wasn't actually in stock, but was shipped two weeks later), it was delivered to my post box in an oversized jiffy bag with no additional protection, signed for by the courier company's delivery person. Absolutely useless service, much worse than the usual "works most of the time" Zavvi white boxes used with International Standard.

I can no longer give any kind of benefit of doubt to Zavvi customer service. I have been outright lied to many times; "part of your order was shipped tracked" - not true, "the item XXX was sent tracked" - not true, "this is the tracking number for your order" - completely bogus, nothing was shipped tracked. If these kind of replies are sent without actually checking the facts, I consider that as good as lying - no excuse for that.

My personal "favorite" responses are "Please refer to previous email sent to yourself about tracking" and "I have passed your details on to our operations department who will look in to this". They are Zavvi-speak for "I'm going to do absolutely nothing about your refund request for this order's shipping costs" or "Your refund request has sent to a black hole from where nothing will ever come back" :mad:

As I'm not in the habit of parting with my money for services that I've not received, I always receive my refund in the end, although that can sometimes take three iterations to get the result. I'm a patient person, so I still place the odd steelbook pre-order with Zavvi, but if they'll actually some day start using their useless International Tracked shipping for steelbooks, that'll definitely be the end of my patronage.

I know that this situation only affects a small part of HDN members (sorry about the long rant), but never, ever delete your proof of purchase "Order Despatched" email messages until you are sure you won't need them, e.g., for forwarding back to Zavvi "customer service" :thumbs:

For me it's been very useful to be able to point out the "As you selected an untracked delivery service" phrase, when I've been told that the item was shipped tracked. Nowadays I keep the shipping boxes, too, in case I need to start sending photos of them back to Zavvi :D:hilarious: