Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 579
Last edited by a moderator:
At first, I thought you tagged us because you were sick of seeing said rants on the forums about Zavvi and you were venting your anger at that!!
Much appreciated; Its a shame how they take the p*ss as much as they do, but I suppose old habits will never die- Because we as steelbook collectors have no alternatives than to order from them if we want certain steelbooks due to exclusivity, I'm sure they probably couldn't care less- If only a more reputable retailer had more of a say in the steelbook monopoly....

Haha no not at all. Imgaine that? You just see a list of all your names and a **** YOU at the bottom lol
Then I sign out. Ha

Yeah that's what does me in, they sell the stuff I want lol. Catch 22 pal.

I've put up with it for too many years and never vented like this so it was all built up and ready to blow lol.
Oh well at least the last message I got from them was better but like you said old habits never die

Reactions: Andycadle84
I think the steelbook market in the UK is over saturated now. the releases are so frequent that steelbooks have been reduced to little more than an alternative to a plastic amaray case. the fact its a steelbook doesnt signify bonus features, more content, a special edition etc, not really even limited edition since they keep reprinting them and more and more copies keep turning up when they are supposedly sold out. so all you are paying for really, is alternate artwork on a steel case, if that.

zavvi are only adding to the problem by securing exclusives for seemingly anything they can. so there is a relentless wave of steelbook releases. yes, there is a lot of rubbish, but by securing so many titles, they ensure there is something for everyone, so there will always be the few titles you want. zavvi say they have no control over the release dates, but having proclaimed themselves 'the home of steelbooks,' surely they should show some respect to collectors by spacing their exclusives.

of course they will never do that because i guess they are making a killing off steelbooks (and collectors) and want to ship them the very moment they receive them. why would they be considerate of our budgets?

it definitely is good that you raised the issue with them, just out of principle, but i think as the popularity of steelbooks rises, it will only get worse. they will secure more and more exclusives and ram the calender chock full of them. as other have pointed out, the only way to prevent this happening is to boycott them.

i spent a lot of money on zavvi exclusives last year, climaxing with the disney exclusives in nov/dec. since the new year i have bought no steelbooks from zavvi. not because i am boycotting them, but because their release schedule is out of control. i need to be more selective.

I think the steelbook market in the UK is over saturated now. the releases are so frequent that steelbooks have been reduced to little more than an alternative to a plastic amaray case. the fact its a steelbook doesnt signify bonus features, more content, a special edition etc, not really even limited edition since they keep reprinting them and more and more copies keep turning up when they are supposedly sold out. so all you are paying for really, is alternate artwork on a steel case, if that.

zavvi are only adding to the problem by securing exclusives for seemingly anything they can. so there is a relentless wave of steelbook releases. yes, there is a lot of rubbish, but by securing so many titles, they ensure there is something for everyone, so there will always be the few titles you want. zavvi say they have no control over the release dates, but having proclaimed themselves 'the home of steelbooks,' surely they should show some respect to collectors by spacing their exclusives.

of course they will never do that because i guess they are making a killing off steelbooks (and collectors) and want to ship them the very moment they receive them. why would they be considerate of our budgets?

it definitely is good that you raised the issue with them, just out of principle, but i think as the popularity of steelbooks rises, it will only get worse. they will secure more and more exclusives and ram the calender chock full of them. as other have pointed out, the only way to prevent this happening is to boycott them.

i spent a lot of money on zavvi exclusives last year, climaxing with the disney exclusives in nov/dec. since the new year i have bought no steelbooks from zavvi. not because i am boycotting them, but because their release schedule is out of control. i need to be more selective.
I'm with you on this; When I first started collecting steelbooks (all over a Year ago..) I saw it as the definition way to own a film, and (in my eyes anyway), only special films were worthy of the accolade.

Two things- One, I'm probably contradicting my last statement as I now own well over 100 steelbooks, and know there are throwaway movies in that collection, but I got sucked in at the time and had to buy them all the same (my willpower is ridiculously low...!)

Secondly; like you said, there's way too many movies released as steelbooks nowadays- On one hand, who am I to deem what is and isn't worthy of a steelbook? I mean; a movie which I could pass on might be someone else's favourite film of all time.

But seeing steelbooks like Street Fighter: Assasins Fist, Dead Snow, The Interview, Elektra, Into The Storm, etc (i.e. movies that have generally attracted bad reviews across the board) show just how saturated the market is; We all know there are way too many Iron Man releases as well!

On the other hand, it's a blessing in disguise, as my purchases have slowed right down- As a rule, I'll only buy new releases other than for exceptions (Jurassic Park for instance, and continuing series like the Disney collection- I'm a stickler for having to have a complete collection)

Reactions: Flloydo and levi

I'm with you on this; When I first started collecting steelbooks (all over a Year ago..) I saw it as the definition way to own a film, and (in my eyes anyway), only special films were worthy of the accolade.

Two things- One, I'm probably contradicting my last statement as I now own well over 100 steelbooks, and know there are throwaway movies in that collection, but I got sucked in at the time and had to buy them all the same (my willpower is ridiculously low...!)

Secondly; like you said, there's way too many movies released as steelbooks nowadays- On one hand, who am I to deem what is and isn't worthy of a steelbook? I mean; a movie which I could pass on might be someone else's favourite film of all time.

But seeing steelbooks like Street Fighter: Assasins Fist, Dead Snow, The Interview, Elektra, Into The Storm, etc (i.e. movies that have generally attracted bad reviews across the board) show just how saturated the market is; We all know there are way too many Iron Man releases as well!

On the other hand, it's a blessing in disguise, as my purchases have slowed right down- As a rule, I'll only buy new releases other than for exceptions (Jurassic Park for instance, and continuing series like the Disney collection- I'm a stickler for having to have a complete collection)

Absolutely perfect comments from both of you. And as contradictive as we may sound at times I completely agree with you both and it is hard especially looking at it in a liberal sense. I too was sucked in with great releases I wanted and releases that are meh but I wanted them because it was a steelbook. I'm trying to cut down myself and apart of me wants to cancel all orders from zavvi and hope they fail but the other side says "but you want those disney, marvel, cool and rare steels we sometime see" it's hard. But thank you for the thanks on my original post and understanding.
And the other guys who have too.
Cheers

@Flloydo

Thanks for the tag.

Just incase people don't know about my struggles lately I'll do my best to try and shorten what I've been going through the best I can

I ordered the Thor, Doctor Strange, Planet Hulk and Hulk Vs steelbooks right when they were announced, I also added Dracula Untold to my order aswell

Anyway despite the fact that the release dates were pushed back for the Marvel steels they cancelled my order because I apparently didn't change my payment options for the Dracula Untold order, even though I did amend the order with my new card details (they ran out that month) I lost all of them.

I sent them an email weeks before they were cancelled explaining to them my card was going to run out, the told me it was "IMPOSSIBLE" for them to change my card details or do anything do them and I would have to wait until I get an email to amend the orders if they are about to be dispatched. This is what I did, I waited and waited until I got the email. After weeks of waiting it finally came. I followed the link and amended the order, it even added another card payment to my account, sitting to the one I updated on there beforehand, so I knew I did it and I did it right. However I realised that they still cnacelled it.....yeah I just saw it by chance I never got an email telling me they cancelled it....sorry I mean cancelled the entire order.

So like some people may know I've been stating my case towards Zavvi about why they cancelled ALL my orders.

At the start of this, for the past 15....YES FIFTEEN messages from them they made it out at first like they were trying to take payment for the Marvel Steelbooks (with their original release dates), so I argued back saying how the release date was pushed back so they shouldn't of wanted to take my money yet.

For the past 2 weeks all I've done has been running in circles, repeating what I've said a thousand times to completely different people. Yes, almost every bloody message I've sent has been from a different person. Only the last 3 of them has been from Christopher Stott (Customer Relations Executive)

So because of another new guy, he now changes the story, in the latest message from him today they now make out that the reason they did this was not because of the Marvel Steelbooks but it was because of the Dracula Untold order. Apparently this Steelbook was supposed to release first before the Marvel steelbooks and they wanted the money off me for that order instead. Because I "apparently" didn't amend my order they had to cancel them.......THE ENTIRE LOT. Not just Dracula Untold, they cancelled my entire order.

(QUESTION: Did the Marvel Steelbooks have the same release date as Dracula Untold before they were pushed back?)

Regardless if they did or not the point still stands, they shouldn't of cancelled the entire order...especially if you can request to cancel one of the orders. So on their end they should of just cancelled that one steelbook. It seemed to be they were too lazy to do that and cancelled the whole lot.

You want to know another annoying thing, for the past 13 messages of the 15, they made it out and gave me the impression that I COULD order the Marvel steelbooks in the future. Yes because you know Zavvi because they messaged up I still have to do this myself as it's "impossible" for them to change anything on the order page despite Amazon, Play, Game, hell even bloody HMV when theyw ere round online, could change orders whenever they like.

Anyway fast forward to the last three messages from the same guy, Christopher. He goes onto say this....

"We cannot provide any specific dates as to when stock will be available, or any guarantees that it will, however we will do everything we can to get more stock and will have these put back on site if the stock does become available"

So for the past 13 messages, making me feel like there is hope to re-order them, I find out they were lying. This "false hope" wasn't from the same person by the way, remember they were all different people. So now after telling me I didn't amend my order when I did and the fact they cancelled my other orders aswell they've now lied to me, telling me what I wanted to here while they, like always, dodged my questions, giving out vague answers

I'm just sick of them, some people on here will defend them and say how most of us "bash Zavvi"....sorry but we have bloody good reasons. It's like nobody wants them to buck up their ideas. I get it now though, you won't understand where we are coming from unless they've ticked you off and it happens to you.

I've just told them in my latest message that they need to sort themselves out and speak with this site more. I told them how they are pumping too many steelbooks out and stated how it can't just be the studio because we never had this many Steelbooks at one time, this is purely Zavvi pushing them to release Steelbooks of films. I told them how they have no communication with us if a steelbook becomes live or if they got out of stock (you know when it says SOLD OUT when it hasn't gone live) and I told them about how some fantastic steelbooks have been spoilt by crap artwork choices, something they could try and change. If they are trying to sell someone elses product and they see a horrible backlash over the artwork for example then you would bloody ring them up and say "Guys I really think you might want to change the artwork, they aren't going for it and more people are just going to hang on untill it goes down in price....we are just trying to help you guys get more money, aswell as us". It's just common sense.

We really need to get them told, it's becoming worse every day.

I'm betting nearly all of us has had that ONE steelbook they've waited years for, it finally gets the steelbook treatment, you get excited and it gets terrible artwork. Your heart then sinks because you know deep down it will never get a re-release in steelbook form unless you go to another site from a different country and import it.

We need change.

Reactions: Flloydo and levi
@Flloydo

Thanks for the tag.

Just incase people don't know about my struggles lately I'll do my best to try and shorten what I've been going through the best I can

I ordered the Thor, Doctor Strange, Planet Hulk and Hulk Vs steelbooks right when they were announced, I also added Dracula Untold to my order aswell

Anyway despite the fact that the release dates were pushed back for the Marvel steels they cancelled my order because I apparently didn't change my payment options for the Dracula Untold order, even though I did amend the order with my new card details (they ran out that month) I lost all of them.

I sent them an email weeks before they were cancelled explaining to them my card was going to run out, the told me it was "IMPOSSIBLE" for them to change my card details or do anything do them and I would have to wait until I get an email to amend the orders if they are about to be dispatched. This is what I did, I waited and waited until I got the email. After weeks of waiting it finally came. I followed the link and amended the order, it even added another card payment to my account, sitting to the one I updated on there beforehand, so I knew I did it and I did it right. However I realised that they still cnacelled it.....yeah I just saw it by chance I never got an email telling me they cancelled it....sorry I mean cancelled the entire order.

So like some people may know I've been stating my case towards Zavvi about why they cancelled ALL my orders.

At the start of this, for the past 15....YES FIFTEEN messages from them they made it out at first like they were trying to take payment for the Marvel Steelbooks (with their original release dates), so I argued back saying how the release date was pushed back so they shouldn't of wanted to take my money yet.

For the past 2 weeks all I've done has been running in circles, repeating what I've said a thousand times to completely different people. Yes, almost every bloody message I've sent has been from a different person. Only the last 3 of them has been from Christopher Stott (Customer Relations Executive)

So because of another new guy, he now changes the story, in the latest message from him today they now make out that the reason they did this was not because of the Marvel Steelbooks but it was because of the Dracula Untold order. Apparently this Steelbook was supposed to release first before the Marvel steelbooks and they wanted the money off me for that order instead. Because I "apparently" didn't amend my order they had to cancel them.......THE ENTIRE LOT. Not just Dracula Untold, they cancelled my entire order.

(QUESTION: Did the Marvel Steelbooks have the same release date as Dracula Untold before they were pushed back?)

Regardless if they did or not the point still stands, they shouldn't of cancelled the entire order...especially if you can request to cancel one of the orders. So on their end they should of just cancelled that one steelbook. It seemed to be they were too lazy to do that and cancelled the whole lot.

You want to know another annoying thing, for the past 13 messages of the 15, they made it out and gave me the impression that I COULD order the Marvel steelbooks in the future. Yes because you know Zavvi because they messaged up I still have to do this myself as it's "impossible" for them to change anything on the order page despite Amazon, Play, Game, hell even bloody HMV when theyw ere round online, could change orders whenever they like.

Anyway fast forward to the last three messages from the same guy, Christopher. He goes onto say this....

"We cannot provide any specific dates as to when stock will be available, or any guarantees that it will, however we will do everything we can to get more stock and will have these put back on site if the stock does become available"

So for the past 13 messages, making me feel like there is hope to re-order them, I find out they were lying. This "false hope" wasn't from the same person by the way, remember they were all different people. So now after telling me I didn't amend my order when I did and the fact they cancelled my other orders aswell they've now lied to me, telling me what I wanted to here while they, like always, dodged my questions, giving out vague answers

I'm just sick of them, some people on here will defend them and say how most of us "bash Zavvi"....sorry but we have bloody good reasons. It's like nobody wants them to buck up their ideas. I get it now though, you won't understand where we are coming from unless they've ticked you off and it happens to you.

I've just told them in my latest message that they need to sort themselves out and speak with this site more. I told them how they are pumping too many steelbooks out and stated how it can't just be the studio because we never had this many Steelbooks at one time, this is purely Zavvi pushing them to release Steelbooks of films. I told them how they have no communication with us if a steelbook becomes live or if they got out of stock (you know when it says SOLD OUT when it hasn't gone live) and I told them about how some fantastic steelbooks have been spoilt by crap artwork choices, something they could try and change. If they are trying to sell someone elses product and they see a horrible backlash over the artwork for example then you would bloody ring them up and say "Guys I really think you might want to change the artwork, they aren't going for it and more people are just going to hang on untill it goes down in price....we are just trying to help you guys get more money, aswell as us". It's just common sense.

We really need to get them told, it's becoming worse every day.

I'm betting nearly all of us has had that ONE steelbook they've waited years for, it finally gets the steelbook treatment, you get excited and it gets terrible artwork. Your heart then sinks because you know deep down it will never get a re-release in steelbook form unless you go to another site from a different country and import it.

We need change.

Wow, I knew you was having trouble because I had spoke to you previously innanother thread but **** that's one massive cluster f*cking headache. I've spoken to that guy about a refund they gave me in December but didn't hit my account and basically didn't believe me and said they couldn't check!! Even though a month before a simular thing happened and they could check and reinstated the refund! They are dumb. I'm talking to someone different at the moment and I too have also mentioned about the payment issue of not being able to update your card whenever you feel or if you wana chnage an order to another card and the address situation. I know loads of people on here have given them grief about that and I think i remember psychoscot having trouble. Was talking to noodles recentley and mine and his cards run out at the end of the month and I'm worried a similar thing might happen to me and him. They are seriously in the Stone Age. I've had the odd steelbook cancelled by them when I've not even asked for it and Ive had a moan and I hate their response that you can re order even though it's out of stock. I really want a another company based in the UK to become a steelbook outlet (among other things that sells normal blu Rays and dvd and music or something) that treat their steelbooks like the Asian releases and not saturate the market and have a few a month but it will never happen. HMV are like that in a way but they don't have an online and also HMV tend to go quiet for a month or so and then release 2 or 3. But you have to go to a store or join a GB. Not that its a bad thing but zavvi make me have these wishes and thoughts. Like I said to Levi and andycadle I can't help but order from them because they have releases I want. I've given them so much feedback about the way they approach their messages to customers and sick of having nothing answered because of different people messaging me back. I've made it clear that one particular person (I won't name) who works for them never contacts or deals with my queries again because he is f*cking useless, that was a month or so ago and not heard from him since. I was messaging them about something and this person answered all my queries by cancelling random orders. Luckily they was in stock.
I've had issues with them since collecting but I never really mention it on here but I'm at that point now where I will visit this thread more often now.
Also I don't think dracula untold and the marvel animated steels had the same date. Pretty sure they didn't. But then again Dracula mignt of been pushed forward but didn't update customers as usual. Can't remember.
Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. Hope they don't cause you too much stress and I also agree with the interaction side of things with collectors about realases and art but that's extremely rare. We haven't had a poll for art in a while and wreck it Ralph was the last major change I rememeber and that was over a year ago (apart from zavvi/disney listening to gloss feedback and better back art.) (oh and studio canal with gloss too)

Last edited:
Reactions: Robsonmonkey
@Noodles
@psychoscot @SteelbookGenius666
@UpsetSmiley
@howiesteed
@Robsonmonkey
@Andycadle84
@levi
@huggy2k4

And hopefully more who agree see this

Right okay i don't come to this thread often but I'm annoyed and I'm gona add some people (sorry if my post annoys you) to this purely because I've seen your not happy with recent prices or dates changes or customer updates or you have thanked my posts over the last few days of me ranting about their heavy monthly steelbook schedule, ridicolous prices, moving ittems to already busy months (meaning some of the ones you have your budget for you will prob have to cancel), the fact they have 6 ff steelbooks in one month, 4 marvel animated, 4 pixar and 2 live action disney (Oz & into the woods) in one month, aswell as countless catalogue titles, another 7 being added to the next 2 months. And I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm not in the right to email them about it but its mainly because I've just had enough of their customer service, going round in circles and terrible wording of messages to me that makes me think (and I know) they don't give a sh*t.
Also before I get the "well it's your choice to order" I haven't ordered all These titles and won't be on the new 7 they are adding but someone might. Yeah I might to cancel a few and I have cancelled some anyway but it's not the point.

Also this is for the people who were charged for imitation game and I think horns in December like I was.

Anyway here goes my messages with zavvi

I started by messaging them the other day about the sudden batch of releases ready for the next two months aswell as bringing the marvel animation steelbooks to next month. An already busy month with 6 fast and furious steelbooks, new releases and breaking bad and other catalogue titles. (Before anyone says I dont have to order them - I know that and I won't be and I don't have every release on order my point is flooding the market) and if there was any chance the marvel steelbooks can go back to the original dates (I knew that was a long shot but wanted to see what they say) first off I got this back:

Firstly, we do not arrange the release dates, this is the supplier themselves. If you wish to pre-order items you have to be prepared that payment can be taken at anytime and this is something we cannot change.

(I understand they don't arrange the release drates but the other part annoyed me because the payment should not be taken at any time only on dispatch - I and some others were charged in December for imitation game and I think horns which was wrong and I complained) the rest of the message from them was this:

Again as mentioned previously, we are a business who work closely with our suppliers and the release dates will stay as normal and will be released on the date set. This is something that will not be changed unless stated on the website.

Which again I messaged back along with the payment should only be taken on dispatch by saying that dates always get changed about so them saying the dates are set and can't be changed was weird because when they do that they don't update the customer.
I then got this back :

Thank you for your quick reply.

I genuinely want to thank you for your comments regarding customer updates.

We do have a policy in place where if there are any delays in dispatch of orders or errors taking payment the customer will be updated.

If you do not receive these I will then pass this feedback onto our IT department so we can look into this further.

We do really appreciate feedback, as I personally do log this and provide this to different departments within the business as we are always looking to improve our service to customers.

Going forward if you do have any questions regarding release dates, payments or price of items, please contact us we are always happy to help. If we do not have the answer straight away we will always go away and investigate for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So they dodged my questions again and I put back that when they do change dates they never update the customer, If it's pushed back we get those annoying emails but when pushed forward some poeple don't find out until they get a dispatch email a month early which can mess them up sometimes with their budgets and other living expenses and not giving the customer the chance to cancel.
Not even an email like Amazon would send their customers to say oh this is being released on this date now.

(So basically they think everyone can rely on forums or checking the website everyday)

I so mentioned again that they did this in December with the disney steelbooks and other releases in the past. I also mentioned again the point they ignored on my lasts message that I was slightly annoyed that they said to me "you should be prepared for payment to be taken anytime" which I find wrong.
A) if they take payment it should only be on dispatch and whereas they might mean that they have worded it to say whenever they feel like and considering they have done that to me before I've taken it that way.
B) they need to email the customers who have ore ordered when a major date change happens Especially when a release is brought forward

(Basically they are happy to bombard you with oh sorry our suppliers haven't sent this we are working hard to find out why is fine but not when it's coming early)

I just keep going round in circles with them and they dodged any question they can. I've not had a reply since but I imagine it to be shocking.

Now again I won't be ordering the new batch except possibly cabin fever and sleepy hollow but I personally can't afford them until a month or two later because of other releases I have ordered. I still can't understand why the wall.e, ratatouille and or Oz can't be moved to June but then again after them at least that's the pixar collction complete. But prepare for hulk, ironman and other realeases like that to follow.

Which again I don't mind but they will bung them all In the same month at £24.99 each I imgaine.

I've cancelled a few now to make way for the date changes they have put in place and extra catalogue titles and hoping the ones I've cancelled will be available a month or so after release. Same as some of the fast and furious steelbooks and others

But to be honest I'm sick of zavvis customer service and the comments they made about they can basically take the money when they feel and the dodging around updating customers of release date changes made me mad

My replies have been quite full on and I've unloaded a lot on them but mainly around the answers I get back and ignoring certain questions that I'm repeating over and over to them.

Anyway will update any messge regarding this on here.[/QUOTE

Yes, it is quite sad and lame that a company offering at times the ONLY steelbook editions does such lousy packaging and transport even locally, with their flimsy wrap and box each item separate rather than protecting these investments with bubblewrap and more protective packaging including múltiple items in ONE BOX!!! Don't they realize that with proper care there would be less-to-none problems thus less damaged goods and less need for returns and dealing with that very lame Customer Service E-mail system!

I think Zavvi might be pulling more shenanigans on me. Part of my order (in stock Disney Steelbooks) are stuck in processing...which means they will probably be canceled if history repeats itself yet again. Every time I have applied a discount to the Disney steelbooks they have done this. Recently they canceled Sleeping Beauty when they had it up on their flash sale for 7.99. :(

I think zavvi have just deleted my account! Can't log in with my main email but can with another and when I got to reset my password it says email account not registered!
They literally emailed me back about something 40 mins ago too! Wtf. Anyone had this happen to them?

I've emailed them but I still can't get in to it, I had all my orders and on going queries plus I'm still getting emails about new steelbooks (Nikita and the big blue) I really hope they have not deleted my account but I can't think of what else it might be.

• Informative
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Just incase anyone gives a crap. I think I've reached the end of the road 2 and a half weeks and 18 messages later.

Last reply I got after I pointed out yet again how they shouldn't of cancelled my order for the supposed "payment issues" even after the release dates changed. Shouldn't of been asking for my money anyway.

Notice the two contradicting statements in the message

"Hello ****,

Thank you for getting back in touch regarding the cancelled order.

I am so sorry once more that this order had to be cancelled, however there is nothing further that we can do to help on this occasion.

Your feedback will be passed onto the relevant team and we will do everything we can to improve our service in the future.

Thanks again for getting in touch, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything further I can do to help.

Kindest regards,
Christopher Stott

So basically I'm getting a typical, copy and pasted "sorry" message and they can't admit or even show they acknowledge what they did.

They act like it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to do anything with our orders when other sites around the web, even ones just getting off the ground can do things to our orders. I mean hell with Zavvi if you want to cancel one thing out of a bulk order you need to message them lol, instead of just a "Press X to cancel" button

I love what he says aswell in the message

"Your feedback will be passed onto the relevant team and we will do everything we can to improve our service in the future"

How long have they been saying this? I've told them over the course of my messages, crappy artwork, high prices, churning steelbooks out at the same time, re-releasing films with directors cuts or more features instead of putting them in the first release and even lack of communication with the site, yet they keep saying the same thing.

How hard is it to pay someone to join these forums and talk to us through threads and polls. If they paid me I'd bloody do it. A monkey could do that job

I just can't believe after all that all they can say is "sorry" and offer me nothing, no discount, no gift card, no personal email to let me know when I have a chance to reorder them. I told them Amazon usually gives you something when they mess up and say more then just "sorry". I've basically told them if they don't give a crap about this site or it's steelbooks give them to someone else.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Just incase anyone gives a crap. I think I've reached the end of the road 2 and a half weeks and 18 messages later.

Last reply I got after I pointed out yet again how they shouldn't of cancelled my order for the supposed "payment issues" even after the release dates changed. Shouldn't of been asking for my money anyway.

"Hello ****,

I am so sorry once more that this order had to be cancelled, however there is nothing further that we can do to help on this occasion.

Your feedback will be passed onto the relevant team and we will do everything we can to improve our service in the future.

Thanks again for getting in touch, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything further I can do to help.

Kindest regards,
Christopher Stott

So basically I'm getting a typical, copy and pasted "sorry" message and they can't admit or even show they acknowledge what they did.

They act like it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to do anything with our orders when other sites around the web, even ones just getting off the ground can do things to our orders. I mean hell with Zavvi if you want to cancel one thing out of a bulk order you need to message them lol, instead of just a "Press X to cancel" button

"Your feedback will be passed onto the relevant team and we will do everything we can to improve our service in the future"

How long have they been saying this? I've told them over the course of my messages, crappy artwork, high prices, churning steelbooks out at the same time, re-releasing films with directors cuts or more features instead of putting them in the first release and even lack of communication with the site, yet they keep saying the same thing.

How hard is it to pay someone to join these forums and talk to us through threads and polls. If they paid me I'd bloody do it. A monkey could do that job

I just can't believe after all that all they can say is "sorry" and offer me nothing, no discount, no gift card, no personal email to let me know when I have a chance to reorder them. I told them Amazon usually gives you something when they mess up and say more then just "sorry". I've basically told them if they don't give a crap about this site or it's steelbooks give them to someone else.

I hear you. It is silly that nothing can be done considering you had it (whatever the film was) in order it sold out and then got cancelled so it's sitting in their system with other orders that would of been cancelled and they can't just simply add it to your orders / account.
And the generic copy and paste emails are a kick in the teeth especially after 2 and half weeks of emails.
Be careful or they might just delete your account like they have with me.
I still can't log on and I've reset my password God knows how many times and keep getting the email to my email account that says no email is registered even though I've had two queries sent to me that have been ongoing for a few days since my account probelm as well as a steelbook pre order email (nikita) to my email registered.

I'm hoping mine Is a glitch and waiting for a call tomorrow.

I've said to them I will send them a list of all orders I had on the account (If it is deleted) with the amounts I have them pre ordered for (all with discounts) and without question to have them re ordered without me having to wait for them to come back up for order. I'm not taking no for an answer either. But I do hope it's a glitch

"Hello ****,

Kindest regards,
Christopher Stott

Been there, seen it, done it, got every tshirt, Zavvi don't do 'personal emails' or genuine apologies and if I read 'as a goodwill gesture' :(

Which translates to

"...Please keep your destroyed fragile item we decided to stand on and then send to you, but here's 10% ..."

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Been there, seen it, done it, got every tshirt, Zavvi don't do 'personal emails' or genuine apologies and if I read 'as a goodwill gesture' :(

Which translates to

"...Please keep your destroyed fragile item we decided to stand on and then send to you, but here's 10% ..."

After all this I didn't even get 10% ¬¬

I hear you. It is silly that nothing can be done considering you had it (whatever the film was) in order it sold out and then got cancelled so it's sitting in their system with other orders that would of been cancelled and they can't just simply add it to your orders / account.
And the generic copy and paste emails are a kick in the teeth especially after 2 and half weeks of emails.
Be careful or they might just delete your account like they have with me.
I still can't log on and I've reset my password God knows how many times and keep getting the email to my email account that says no email is registered even though I've had two queries sent to me that have been ongoing for a few days since my account probelm as well as a steelbook pre order email (nikita) to my email registered.

I'm hoping mine Is a glitch and waiting for a call tomorrow.

I've said to them I will send them a list of all orders I had on the account (If it is deleted) with the amounts I have them pre ordered for (all with discounts) and without question to have them re ordered without me having to wait for them to come back up for order. I'm not taking no for an answer either. But I do hope it's a glitch

I know, my order is sitting in their systems still, so I don't see how it's "impossible" for them to find my order and change it from "CANCELLED" to "PENDING". Seriously it's such a slap to the face, I never understood the Zavvi hate at one time but now I realise the people who defend them are the ones who haven't experienced anything bad from them.

I really wish Amazon would pick up the "Home of the Steelbooks" things.

Amazon should do this with video games, the games which would probably never get a steelbook release. Hey even do Steelbook cases for old games, I would love to buy a steelbook for Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Gears of War or Pikman 3. Bayonetta, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc

I know, my order is sitting in their systems still, so I don't see how it's "impossible" for them to find my order and change it from "CANCELLED" to "PENDING". Seriously it's such a slap to the face, I never understood the Zavvi hate at one time but now I realise the people who defend them are the ones who haven't experienced anything bad from them.

Amazon should do this with video games, the games which would probably never get a steelbook release. Hey even do Steelbook cases for old games, I would love to buy a steelbook for Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Gears of War or Pikman 3. Bayonetta, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc

I agree a company as big as amazon you would think they would wipe the floor with zavvi and get exclusives. They are 10x times better to deal with, triple threat you can contact them on phone, email and chat.

Whereas zavvi has the most useless online system in the world and they don't even read what you write anyway :(

Reactions: Flloydo

I agree a company as big as amazon you would think they would wipe the floor with zavvi and get exclusives. They are 10x times better to deal with, triple threat you can contact them on phone, email and chat.

Whereas zavvi has the most useless online system in the world and they don't even read what you write anyway :(

I was also a zavvi fanboy until early last year when things went wrong all the time and I realised their terrible CS.
Every so often you get a spurt of ok CS but that's not enough

Reactions: Flash
I realise they don't want to have a phone number as everyone would phone and shout at them for their **** packaging and service

But even a chat would really really help so much time is wasted trying to use that stupid online messaging systems and they take forever to reply :(