Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 579
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, can some please tell me what size mailer Zavvi ship in please? C4 / C5?

If you could quote my comment in your reply so,I get a notification it would be appreciated! :thumbs:
Hi mate, I believe it's a C5 but there are different sizes available on ebay which makes no sense lol. None I can find match the shape perfectly so I've measured one of my zavvi boxes and it measures (external): L:235mm W: 155mm D: 20mm approx, hope that helps mate :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BradG1984
So, I'm getting frustrated with Zavvi, and I'm not sure what to do.

I ordered three steels; two were in hand and one is a pre-order. They send the two out individually, one in a nice box and one in a thin envelope. But both steels arrived to me with problems. One of them has a minor dent, so I'm willing to keep it if Zavvi will give me a discount/partial refund. The other is pretty bad, crush during transit, and I need a replacement. But the website is such crap that I can't enter in more than 700 characters per message if I try to contact them, I can't select my order and make a specific case out of it (leaving me to have to use the generic "contact us" link off the main page), and the photo uploader won't work unless I use that generic "contact us" link for some stupid reason. And what's pissing me off even more is that the Zavvi replies I am getting is telling me to open the case from my account/order page, which doesn't f'n work!!

Should I just contact Paypal and have them open a case to refund my money?

Why can't you select that specific order? I just recently contacted them through one of my orders and everything worked fine, also the image upload worked as it should.

Hi guys, I've sent our contact an e-mail. I am not sure what's happening here, but hopefully someone can sort it out. Keep in mind it's the weekend, I am not sure if anyone is available. If I receive a reply first, before the issue is resolved, I'll post back. Thanks!

Hi,
did you receive an answer yet? Have the same problem now.

Best wishes,

Michael

So, I'm getting frustrated with Zavvi, and I'm not sure what to do.

I ordered three steels; two were in hand and one is a pre-order. They send the two out individually, one in a nice box and one in a thin envelope. But both steels arrived to me with problems. One of them has a minor dent, so I'm willing to keep it if Zavvi will give me a discount/partial refund. The other is pretty bad, crush during transit, and I need a replacement. But the website is such crap that I can't enter in more than 700 characters per message if I try to contact them, I can't select my order and make a specific case out of it (leaving me to have to use the generic "contact us" link off the main page), and the photo uploader won't work unless I use that generic "contact us" link for some stupid reason. And what's pissing me off even more is that the Zavvi replies I am getting is telling me to open the case from my account/order page, which doesn't f'n work!!

Should I just contact Paypal and have them open a case to refund my money?

We have had this about a million times with Zavvi , there website and 'customer service' is an absolute joke, they constantly tell you to use the online messaging system that never works. I would try emailing them at [email protected] and quote your order number etc and 'sometimes' they reply to that, but again don't hold your breathe, they are nothing short of terrible. :(

Hi,

Best wishes,

Michael
Hey Michael, the only info we received was posted in F&F thread as well, and that is that these could not be shipped to certain locations
Hi,

Best wishes,

Michael
Hey Michael, thanks for your message. The only info we received is the same info they posted on social media, which was that they were told that they were not allowed to sell these to certain territories. Thanks.

Reactions: metal hunter
Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help i have currently got a few steelbooks on pre order from Zavvi which for the most part are all sold out now, my problem is that my card is starting to break so i am probably going to have to get a new one soon. I know it is pointless contacting Zavvi about this because they will just tell me to cancel and re order with new details (which is impossible as most of them have sold out) i just wondered if when the payment gets declined whether Zavvi just cancel your order or whether they then give you a chance to change the payment details.

Thanks in Advance

Chris

@AFCFanChris when Is your first pre order due out ? You do know that even if you order a new card you can ask your bank to honour any card payments from your old card number for 30 days after you have received your new card . ( your bank will normally just allow this anyway Even without asking )Your card ain't been stolen so the bank do not need to cancel the card Asap .

Once you have the new card in your hands just change the payment details over with zavvi and problem solved .

Hope this helps

Reactions: AFCFanChris
What a joke this company is!

I ordered Gone girl earlier as I thought is was a steelbook (I know dumb) but within seconds of ordering I cancelled (I mean seconds)

Now received an email stating order cannot cancelled, even though dispatch is 16th Monday! They messed be about with Tarzan and Sleeping beauty, I have sent another message demanding they cancel order. If not then I will cancel my card - no skin off my nose..

Just hope they don't fund it from my other master card? Can they take payment from another card on your account without you authorising?

@Bigmac if its on the account then I should imagine they will act like most other companies and charge it if they can't get funds from your main payment card , I shouldn't think they would need authorisation to charge the card as it is already on there .

Reactions: Bigmac
now will they honour that or put it down to a fault and just screw you over like they have done to many before
I Ordered the Arrow video gothic vincent price boxset from them and it arrived damaged has taken 15 messages and they only just acknowledged that my refund will be processed then they didnt include the postage so had to send another message to get my postage costs back & still waiting :angry: i told them their packaging stinks they put one of those plastic inflated bags in the box except it wasn't inflated:rofl:

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
@Noodles
@psychoscot @SteelbookGenius666
@UpsetSmiley
@howiesteed
@Robsonmonkey
@Andycadle84
@levi
@huggy2k4

And hopefully more who agree see this

Right okay i don't come to this thread often but I'm annoyed and I'm gona add some people (sorry if my post annoys you) to this purely because I've seen your not happy with recent prices or dates changes or customer updates or you have thanked my posts over the last few days of me ranting about their heavy monthly steelbook schedule, ridicolous prices, moving ittems to already busy months (meaning some of the ones you have your budget for you will prob have to cancel), the fact they have 6 ff steelbooks in one month, 4 marvel animated, 4 pixar and 2 live action disney (Oz & into the woods) in one month, aswell as countless catalogue titles, another 7 being added to the next 2 months. And I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm not in the right to email them about it but its mainly because I've just had enough of their customer service, going round in circles and terrible wording of messages to me that makes me think (and I know) they don't give a sh*t.
Also before I get the "well it's your choice to order" I haven't ordered all These titles and won't be on the new 7 they are adding but someone might. Yeah I might to cancel a few and I have cancelled some anyway but it's not the point.

Also this is for the people who were charged for imitation game and I think horns in December like I was.

Anyway here goes my messages with zavvi

I started by messaging them the other day about the sudden batch of releases ready for the next two months aswell as bringing the marvel animation steelbooks to next month. An already busy month with 6 fast and furious steelbooks, new releases and breaking bad and other catalogue titles. (Before anyone says I dont have to order them - I know that and I won't be and I don't have every release on order my point is flooding the market) and if there was any chance the marvel steelbooks can go back to the original dates (I knew that was a long shot but wanted to see what they say) first off I got this back:

Firstly, we do not arrange the release dates, this is the supplier themselves. If you wish to pre-order items you have to be prepared that payment can be taken at anytime and this is something we cannot change.

(I understand they don't arrange the release drates but the other part annoyed me because the payment should not be taken at any time only on dispatch - I and some others were charged in December for imitation game and I think horns which was wrong and I complained) the rest of the message from them was this:

Again as mentioned previously, we are a business who work closely with our suppliers and the release dates will stay as normal and will be released on the date set. This is something that will not be changed unless stated on the website.

Which again I messaged back along with the payment should only be taken on dispatch by saying that dates always get changed about so them saying the dates are set and can't be changed was weird because when they do that they don't update the customer.
I then got this back :

Thank you for your quick reply.

I genuinely want to thank you for your comments regarding customer updates.

We do have a policy in place where if there are any delays in dispatch of orders or errors taking payment the customer will be updated.

If you do not receive these I will then pass this feedback onto our IT department so we can look into this further.

We do really appreciate feedback, as I personally do log this and provide this to different departments within the business as we are always looking to improve our service to customers.

Going forward if you do have any questions regarding release dates, payments or price of items, please contact us we are always happy to help. If we do not have the answer straight away we will always go away and investigate for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So they dodged my questions again and I put back that when they do change dates they never update the customer, If it's pushed back we get those annoying emails but when pushed forward some poeple don't find out until they get a dispatch email a month early which can mess them up sometimes with their budgets and other living expenses and not giving the customer the chance to cancel.
Not even an email like Amazon would send their customers to say oh this is being released on this date now.

(So basically they think everyone can rely on forums or checking the website everyday)

I so mentioned again that they did this in December with the disney steelbooks and other releases in the past. I also mentioned again the point they ignored on my lasts message that I was slightly annoyed that they said to me "you should be prepared for payment to be taken anytime" which I find wrong.
A) if they take payment it should only be on dispatch and whereas they might mean that they have worded it to say whenever they feel like and considering they have done that to me before I've taken it that way.
B) they need to email the customers who have ore ordered when a major date change happens Especially when a release is brought forward

(Basically they are happy to bombard you with oh sorry our suppliers haven't sent this we are working hard to find out why is fine but not when it's coming early)

I just keep going round in circles with them and they dodged any question they can. I've not had a reply since but I imagine it to be shocking.

Now again I won't be ordering the new batch except possibly cabin fever and sleepy hollow but I personally can't afford them until a month or two later because of other releases I have ordered. I still can't understand why the wall.e, ratatouille and or Oz can't be moved to June but then again after them at least that's the pixar collction complete. But prepare for hulk, ironman and other realeases like that to follow.

Which again I don't mind but they will bung them all In the same month at £24.99 each I imgaine.

I've cancelled a few now to make way for the date changes they have put in place and extra catalogue titles and hoping the ones I've cancelled will be available a month or so after release. Same as some of the fast and furious steelbooks and others

But to be honest I'm sick of zavvis customer service and the comments they made about they can basically take the money when they feel and the dodging around updating customers of release date changes made me mad

My replies have been quite full on and I've unloaded a lot on them but mainly around the answers I get back and ignoring certain questions that I'm repeating over and over to them.

Anyway will update any messge regarding this on here.

@Noodles
@UpsetSmiley
@howiesteed
@Robsonmonkey
@Andycadle84
@levi
@huggy2k4

Right okay i don't come to this thread often but I'm annoyed and I'm gona add some people (sorry if my post annoys you) to this purely because I've seen your not happy with recent prices or dates changes or customer updates or you have thanked my posts over the last few days of me ranting about their heavy monthly steelbook schedule, ridicolous prices, moving ittems to already busy months (meaning some of the ones you have your budget for you will prob have to cancel), the fact they have 6 ff steelbooks in one month, 4 marvel animated, 4 pixar and 2 live action disney (Oz & into the woods) in one month, aswell as countless catalogue titles, another 7 being added to the next 2 months. And I really don't care if anyone thinks I'm not in the right to email them about it but its mainly because I've just had enough of their customer service, going round in circles and terrible wording of messages to me that makes me think (and I know) they don't give a sh*t.
Also before I get the "well it's your choice to order" I haven't ordered all These titles and won't be on the new 7 they are adding but someone might. Yeah I might to cancel a few and I have cancelled some anyway but it's not the point.

Also this is for the people who were charged for imitation game and I think horns in December like I was.

I started by messaging them the other day about the sudden batch of releases ready for the next two months aswell as bringing the marvel animation steelbooks to next month. An already busy month with 6 fast and furious steelbooks, new releases and breaking bad and other catalogue titles. (Before anyone says I dont have to order them - I know that and I won't be and I don't have every release on order my point is flooding the market) and if there was any chance the marvel steelbooks can go back to the original dates (I knew that was a long shot but wanted to see what they say) first off I got this back:

Firstly, we do not arrange the release dates, this is the supplier themselves. If you wish to pre-order items you have to be prepared that payment can be taken at anytime and this is something we cannot change.

(I understand they don't arrange the release drates but the other part annoyed me because the payment should not be taken at any time only on dispatch - I and some others were charged in December for imitation game and I think horns which was wrong and I complained) the rest of the message from them was this:

Again as mentioned previously, we are a business who work closely with our suppliers and the release dates will stay as normal and will be released on the date set. This is something that will not be changed unless stated on the website.

Which again I messaged back along with the payment should only be taken on dispatch by saying that dates always get changed about so them saying the dates are set and can't be changed was weird because when they do that they don't update the customer.
I then got this back :

We do have a policy in place where if there are any delays in dispatch of orders or errors taking payment the customer will be updated.

If you do not receive these I will then pass this feedback onto our IT department so we can look into this further.

We do really appreciate feedback, as I personally do log this and provide this to different departments within the business as we are always looking to improve our service to customers.

Going forward if you do have any questions regarding release dates, payments or price of items, please contact us we are always happy to help. If we do not have the answer straight away we will always go away and investigate for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So they dodged my questions again and I put back that when they do change dates they never update the customer, If it's pushed back we get those annoying emails but when pushed forward some poeple don't find out until they get a dispatch email a month early which can mess them up sometimes with their budgets and other living expenses and not giving the customer the chance to cancel.
Not even an email like Amazon would send their customers to say oh this is being released on this date now.

(So basically they think everyone can rely on forums or checking the website everyday)

I so mentioned again that they did this in December with the disney steelbooks and other releases in the past. I also mentioned again the point they ignored on my lasts message that I was slightly annoyed that they said to me "you should be prepared for payment to be taken anytime" which I find wrong.
A) if they take payment it should only be on dispatch and whereas they might mean that they have worded it to say whenever they feel like and considering they have done that to me before I've taken it that way.
B) they need to email the customers who have ore ordered when a major date change happens Especially when a release is brought forward

(Basically they are happy to bombard you with oh sorry our suppliers haven't sent this we are working hard to find out why is fine but not when it's coming early)

I just keep going round in circles with them and they dodged any question they can. I've not had a reply since but I imagine it to be shocking.

Now again I won't be ordering the new batch except possibly cabin fever and sleepy hollow but I personally can't afford them until a month or two later because of other releases I have ordered. I still can't understand why the wall.e, ratatouille and or Oz can't be moved to June but then again after them at least that's the pixar collction complete. But prepare for hulk, ironman and other realeases like that to follow.

Which again I don't mind but they will bung them all In the same month at £24.99 each I imgaine.

I've cancelled a few now to make way for the date changes they have put in place and extra catalogue titles and hoping the ones I've cancelled will be available a month or so after release. Same as some of the fast and furious steelbooks and others

But to be honest I'm sick of zavvis customer service and the comments they made about they can basically take the money when they feel and the dodging around updating customers of release date changes made me mad

My replies have been quite full on and I've unloaded a lot on them but mainly around the answers I get back and ignoring certain questions that I'm repeating over and over to them.

Yikes.

This is exactly why I haven't ordered from Zavvi in a month. I'm trying to keep up the on-going trend of boycotting them and I suggest others who are irritated by their antiquated CS do so to. I want it to change and by supporting them I'm not exactly signifying that.

Alas it's even put me off Steelbooks a bit, which I never thought would happen. I only have one pre-order with them which I used my £10 voucher with earlier in the year. I prefer to import Steelbooks nowadays, which goes to show companies "x" many yards away from here are most trustworthy and reliable.

I feel you man and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Yikes.

This is exactly why I haven't ordered from Zavvi in a month. I'm trying to keep up the on-going trend of boycotting them and I suggest others who are irritated by their antiquated CS do so to. I want it to change and by supporting them I'm not exactly signifying that.

Alas it's even put me off Steelbooks a bit, which I never thought would happen. I only have one pre-order with them which I used my £10 voucher with earlier in the year. I prefer to import Steelbooks nowadays, which goes to show companies "x" many yards away from here are most trustworthy and reliable.

I feel you man and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Well I've just had another update and to be honest the Person im talking to now isn't a normal customer service representative.
They are really interested in my feedback about warning customers for date changes especially when it's brought forward and happy with my honest feedback so that sounds good they said they would like to change that. Which sounds promising but wether they do that is another story.
But the reply about payment has freaked me out a little but this might not apply to steelbooks and I have asked what items this applies to.
Like I said before I was charged in December for imitation game and horns which they refunded me a few days later but as you or anyone would I lost my sh*t at them about that at the time. especially with it being Christmas at the time and dinseygate going on that month.

Anyway I've apologised for the way I've been today but at least this person is being more human and I'm dealing with the same person each time which is better.
And I will say one thing. This has all been today so they are getting quicker at replying and it's been about 8 messages back and forth instead of wait 24bours a piece

Here's the message they sent me

I completely understand what you are saying, again your feedback will be passed on as I have already mentioned. The only way we can improve our service to customers is by honest feedback like what you are providing.

If we can put something in place to inform customers of all changes then this is something we will look to do going forward, providing this benefits the business as a whole.

Payment should not only be taken on dispatch of the goods, in some cases payment is taken at the point of you confirming sale and agreeing to the companies terms and conditions.

Again, I understand what you are saying and your feedback will be raised as we are very grateful.

I'm waiting to hear back about what items are charged for on pre orders because I didn't know this with zavvi and maybe or most of you don't either (I have a feeling it's the £200+ models they have for marvel and stuff but not sure)

@Noodles
@UpsetSmiley
@howiesteed
@Robsonmonkey
@Andycadle84
@levi
@huggy2k4

I then got this back :

At first, I thought you tagged us because you were sick of seeing said rants on the forums about Zavvi and you were venting your anger at that!!
Much appreciated; Its a shame how they take the p*ss as much as they do, but I suppose old habits will never die- Because we as steelbook collectors have no alternatives than to order from them if we want certain steelbooks due to exclusivity, I'm sure they probably couldn't care less- If only a more reputable retailer had more of a say in the steelbook monopoly....

Reactions: Flloydo and levi