Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 579
Last edited by a moderator:
hate how zavvi put 9.99 tracking on expensive items. so they became ever more expensive. IMO nothing to do with weight. steel tend to weight the same ...

:angry:

no one has actually replied me from outside Finland so I take you don't get forced tracking. how is that possible ? how is that for equal customer service ?

well you still have one pound shipping option. I do not.

f...k !

see my last reply above. again WTF !

Hi

Has anyone ever had an item go missing in the mail?? Did Zavvi send a replacement??

Cheers

yes if they have title in store. if not you wont get replacement.

no one has actually replied me from outside Finland so I take you don't get forced tracking. how is that possible ? how is that for equal customer service ?

see my last reply above. again WTF !

yes if they have title in store. if not you wont get replacement.
Nef,
So there is this:
http://www.zavvi.com/articles/international-delivery.list
I would try to order from Zavvi.nl or .de using Chrome(to translate) and see if you get different options/solutions.
The sites look identical, but actually have differences in the way they do things.
It's worth a try.

Nef,
So there is this:
http://www.zavvi.com/articles/international-delivery.list
I would try to order from Zavvi.nl or .de using Chrome(to translate) and see if you get different options/solutions.
The sites look identical, but actually have differences in the way they do things.
It's worth a try.

actually no this does not explain IMO.

I have NO option to choose free delivery - unless item is max worth 10 £ or is in the stock.

so I want to pre-order bluray price 20 £ I have to pay 9.99 € - no other choise, but when the same blu-ray arrives to stock I do not have to pay tracking, I have free option !

is that really as ti should be ?

edit : and note : before login postage is zero. after 9.99 !

cannot be right !

Attachments

• afterlogin bascet.JPG
    afterlogin bascet.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 93
  • prelogin bascet.JPG
    prelogin bascet.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 107
here is another one :

pre-ordered brick. copy of invose :

and brick these days - at stock and cheap and no forced tracking :

Attachments

• brickpreorder.JPG
    brickpreorder.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 91
  • bricknow.JPG
    bricknow.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 86
sorry about bad spelling and being anrgy. I've realized I have lost HUNDRETS of euros to scam machine called ZAVVI !

never used other than zavvi UK !
Do a dry run on zavvi.nl, .de, or .es (do everything UP TO THE END- BUT NOT finishing the order) and see if there is any difference. (You'll probably have to open new accounts for each of the other sites- zavvi does that for each site, but its not that much of a hassle)...

Do a dry run on zavvi.nl, .de, or .es (do everything UP TO THE END- BUT NOT finishing the order) and see if there is any difference. (You'll probably have to open new accounts for each of the other sites- zavvi does that for each site, but its not that much of a hassle)...

very same thing at zavvi.de

very same thing at zavvi.de
Sorry to hear that, Nef.:grumpy:
Hopefully someone there in Finland who has been through this has a better answer.
Makes zero sense to me. (Because obviously one steelbook does not go over the weight limit).:squint:
(I mean, I am in the U.S. and I get charged £1.99!!)
May sound fruitless, but try dropping Zavvi or The Hut an email and see what they say...(n)

Sorry to hear that, Nef.:grumpy:
Hopefully someone there in Finland who has been through this has a better answer.
Makes zero sense to me. (Because obviously one steelbook does not go over the weight limit).:squint:
(I mean, I am in the U.S. and I get charged £1.99!!)
May sound fruitless, but try dropping Zavvi or The Hut an email and see what they say...(n)

I found someone here - same problem. he has been asking refunds of tracking costs and have got em ! <- does not that prove they (Zavvi) are wrong !

i just found this out and have been mailing to zavvi. no aswer.

my Q is how can they do this with straight face. they tried to lie to my Finnish pal etc faul tactics ... he pushed them then they finally gave up and payed him. if I'm correct over 40 times now. over 40 times ! that is hell of a lot money !

but they pay only after they have 1st taken extra money. then you have to complain with few emails - then they pay it back.

WHAT KIND OF RETAILER DOES THAT !!!!

edit :

My pal is known user here, but I do not want to give his/hers name - if he/she wants to come and comment it's his/her choise. do not want to force.

I found someone here - same problem. he has been asking refunds of tracking costs and have got em ! <- does not that prove they (Zavvi) are wrong !

i just found this out and have been mailing to zavvi. no aswer.

my Q is how can they do this with straight face. they tried to lie to my Finnish pal etc faul tactics ... he pushed them then they finally gave up and payed him. if I'm correct over 40 times now. over 40 times ! that is hell of a lot money !

but they pay only after they have 1st taken extra money. then you have to complain with few emails - then they pay it back.

WHAT KIND OF RETAILER DOES THAT !!!!

edit :

My pal is known user here, but I do not want to give his/hers name - if he/she wants to come and comment it's his/her choise. do not want to force.
That is ridiculous. And nothing sucks more than having issues that take tons of emails and red-tape to fix (across countries/languages on top!).
Je suis Finlande Client!

I noticed zavvi have a sale on... 2 for £30. Only most of the titles are £12.99! So you could buy Lethal Weaon and Training Day for £30, or buy them seperately for a total of £25.98.

I honestly don't understand why they flat-out refuse to make the most basic changes to the way they do things. Not updating credit card details, not being able to change addresses and even this, how about a 'not yet available to pre-order' button instead of 'sold out'?

It's just good business sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
zavvi are the worst for making steelbook collectors stress levels go up they run their business and website like its still 1999 cmon zavvi join the 21st century

Reactions: Kashby
zavvi are the worst for making steelbook collectors stress levels go up they run their business and website like its still 1999 cmon zavvi join the 21st century

its makes me laugh every week there mobile website changes for the better yet they can't change a simple button from saying "sold out" to "not yet available" or one that says "sold out for now but will be back" lol

The biggest problem for me is the packaging for the steels.
Who in the right mind would send steelbooks in this cardboard boxes?
Result? I need to order 2 Steelbooks because i know one is gonna be damaged.
Another risk factor: Lenti (Scratches)

It´s gonna be a beautiful Zavvi lottery

Last edited: