Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that this thread has 288 pages is not a good sign... To be honest, I've never had any issues with Zavvi until recently. I order a lot of steels from them (via zavvi.nl) and so far I've only received two that were damaged. I do, however, for items that I think will sell out really fast, always order an extra copy just in case. The first damaged steel was the Infinity War 4K and I got it refunded without any hassles (including full return shipping from the Netherlands - which is not cheap). I recently ordered the The Mask of Zorro which was on sale for EUR 10.49 and that arrived damaged. Zavvi will only refund 50% (and that's as "a gesture of goodwill"). I wish they would be consistent with their returns policy; now I can't be sure any future damaged steels will be refunded which makes me leery of ordering from them again. (And unfortunately Zorro is now sold out, so I can't get it cheaply anymore.) Their official returns policy is also deceptively vague; they don't promise a refund but look at it on a case-by-case basis. Lesson learned.

Was anyone successful with getting refunded for FREE SHIPPING charge? I have tried recently and got rejected saying that is for UK only. But in fact it never says it is. Kind of "false advertising"
If you managed to get refunded, what have you wrote to them? PM is also fine if afraid of writing it here. tx

I have tried recently and got rejected saying that is for UK only. But in fact it never says it is.

Write to them again and just say that. There is no restriction for the "Free Delivery Steelbook" promotion neither on checkout nor in the T&C . And it says clearly "free" and not "discount".
I usually attach a screenshot that shows the incorrect applied promotion:

free_delivery_steelbooks_2.jpg

Reactions: Tompa
Here is on of my conversations about this with Zavvi CS:

The "Free Delivery - Steelbooks" Promotion did not work and I was charged for the delivery.
I only received a reduction of the delivery cost but the promotion says clearly "Free Delivery".

Thank you for getting in touch about the free delivery promotion on order 143043567.
I have raised this issue with customer support to investigate and aim to have a response within 24 hours.

I've looked into this matter of delivery pricing for you. The pricing of delivery can fluctuate - we do try to keep it at one price however in this case it wasn't possible.

Hi, no your Reply doesn't answer my question.
It's not about the pricing for delivery, my question is why the promotion for free delivery, which is promised, is not applied properly.
The promotion promises free delivery on steelbooks but I do not get free delivery, I only get a discount. An nowhere on your site it says anything about the promotion being resticted to certain countries.
So I still wonder why the promotion is not being applied properly.

Thanks for contacting us about your order.
We have requested a refund for the delivery cost today, this will be returned to your account within 3 - 5 working days.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Reactions: Tompa
Do the support people @zavvi even read the tickets before responding?

Me:
I've received items that were dispatched well after this one including Atlantis and Rescuers Down Under, but I haven't received this one yet. I have checked with neighbours and they have not received anything either and someone has always been home one way or another to receive packages. This was dispatched September 30th which is well before the strikes started (and subsequently ended) at Canada Post if I was to factor that as a reason for there to be a delay.

Zavvi:
Thank you for getting in touch to let us know you have not received order. I am really sorry to hear that you have not received this. I would have expected it to have arrived by now. I will investigate this with our courier provider but in the meantime I am more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement, if you could let me know which is best for you?

Me:
As this was to be a Christmas present, I'd prefer a refund at this time since it would not arrive in time for me to give it at this point.

Zavvi:
Thank you for getting in touch with us about cancelling order. I have not been able to cancel this as it has already entered the dispatch process. I am sorry and I understand how disappointing this must be. You will shortly receive another email which contains instructions on how to return your goods once they have been received.

Ummm ... not the first time inquiring about items that I get a response that is non-sensical :banghead:

Hey there,
I have a huge problem. I ordered over ten steelbooks and paid them already and now I can't even log in anymore.
I tried to reach out to some one, but no one is responding. I treid to reset my password, and now I get the message:
You haven't had a account by www.zavvi.de. Please contact a administrator or register your e-mailadress.

Please help, I don't no what I can do anymore..... :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Edit: all my other orders a gone too :(

Regards

Hey you too,

You should first try to delete all your cookies or try a different (not used for connecting to Zavvi before) browser altogether, instead of changing password (trying to)!

I also saw and encountered several issues with Zavvi's website lately, but, usually, those passed away after few hours, and if not with me cleaning the cookies.

Hope this helps!

Hey there,
I have a huge problem. I ordered over ten steelbooks and paid them already and now I can't even log in anymore.
I tried to reach out to some one, but no one is responding. I treid to reset my password, and now I get the message:
You haven't had a account by www.zavvi.de. Please contact a administrator or register your e-mailadress.

Please help, I don't no what I can do anymore..... :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Edit: all my other orders a gone too :(

Regards

I tried multiple browsers and wait like for 4 hrs. I tried the browsers: IE, Safari; Mozilla Firefox and Opera.

All ar not working though :(
I have the issue since 1 week now. I thought it would be an update error from the page, but i don't know ...

:(

I tried multiple browsers and wait like for 4 hrs. I tried the browsers: IE, Safari; Mozilla Firefox and Opera.

All ar not working though :(
I have the issue since 1 week now. I thought it would be an update error from the page, but i don't know ...

:(
Did you get dispatch emails for your steelbooks
When was payment taken and was payment taken with debit/credit card or PayPal

Was it different steelbooks or over 10 of the same steelbook ?

Seriously why is their support so ******* basic and dumb?

Me on the 11th: I haven't received my The Lion King steelbook, can someone please check? I know it's early to ask but I know that it should have arrived by now.
Their response: The usual copy/paste ****; This was sent to you on 28/11 and delivery can take up to 21 days. If you have still not received the order by 19/12, please let us know so that we can investigate this for you.

Me on the 20th: I still have not received my Steelbook.
Their response: The usual copy/paste ****; I am really sorry to hear that you have not received this. The order was sent to you on 28/11/2018 and I would have expected it to have arrived by now. I will investigate this with our courier provider but in the meantime I am more than happy to arrange a refund or replacement for you, please let me know which best suits you?
Me: Definitely a replacement, please.
Them: I am really sorry to say that this has been discontinued now by the supplier and therefore we are not able to replace this for you. Therefore I have now requested your refund for you and once this has been processed you will receive this, in the account used to place the order. This can take 3-5 working days to clear in to this account. Again I am very sorry that you will disappointed by not being available.

Then Twitter support jumped on it and literally said the exact same thing, except they actually had the balls to ask;
I am very sorry for the frustration this has caused, and I can understand the concern of this. I can see that my colleague has offered to refund the order, as the item is now out of stock. Would you like the refund to be processed?

LET THAT SINK IN.
Would you like the refund to be processed?

What the ****?
No, I don't want a refund, keep the money for the steelbook i didn't receive. Why not! It's Christmas! Happy Holidays!!!
The ****.

And again, a basic spellcheck was too difficult on that answer;
I very sorry for the disappointment, I have refunded this for you and the funds will be showing back with you in 3-5 working days.

So.. I'm honestly disappointed by the fact that they don't seem to be capable of writing a proper sentence. "I'm very sorry that you will disappointed by not being available"? "I very sorry for the disappointment"? The ****. Grammarly is a free app so if you do have a difficulty on it, as a COMPANY, you'd imagine you can at least get your sentences built up properly...
I completely understand that English might be difficult for those who don't speak it natively but that doesn't mean you can't use a basic spell checker like Grammarly or hell, even WORD.
I'm from Belgium and it's not my native language either. Using a spell checker is a small effort, especially for a COMPANY.

Second of all, they really didn't bother checking if it was still available BEFORE asking if I want a refund or a replacement? What's the use of this question if there's none available anymore?
Third, how do they not take in account any possible issues during transport? It's Zavvi. Their **** gets damaged a lot with that ****** packaging job and it gets lost more than enough as well.

I really wish there was a retailer that sold Steelbooks that I could buy from that DID care about their customers and used a little more brain capacity.
This is the millionth time that Zavvi's given me the basic **** support that literally does nothing for you except make you feel like you're just another number on the "this client has an issue" list.
Especially for someone who buys from them REGULARLY (because for me they're one of the only Steelbook retailers that I can buy from that delivers to Belgium) they could at least put a little bit of ******* effort into things.

I don't know how anybody else feels about them but this is the millionth time I'm getting such disappointing service.

@WaxWeazle I’m not going to say anything about the CS, it’s not the best. But hope you still receive your order, don’t lose all hope just yet. A couple of months ago I had the same situation, an order didn’t show. They sent me a replacement, and then a week or two later the original order turned up. It had a sticker on it saying it was wrongly sent to and then returned from Canada, which obviously explained why it took so long. Hope something like this may also be the case for you and that it pops up, especially with no replacement available.

Reactions: paulboland
I don't have much hope to be fair; I've had similar situations in the past and it never turned up.
It'd be nice if it did but I honestly don't expect anything at all now.

I'm pretty good at attracting "postal issues" in general :p

I paid via PayPal. Yes 8 different Steelbooks and 2 times the same steelbook from mondo (Arielle & Frozen).
Should I open a PayPal Case, if they don't respond to emails?

Regards

@Ranavalone What's your shipping to Finland ? Mine is £ 6.99 for everything.
Most of the time it's £0.00; basically I've given up on them :naughty:

But yes, they offer me the same £6.99 shipping and the "Free Delivery - Steelbooks" £0.99 discount.

Considering that they always get 20% extra dough from international customers (no VAT collected, yet their international prices are the same as the prices for their UK customer which include UK 20% VAT), that additional shipping cost is a firm kick in the behind.

I'll still consider them if I can find 6-10 (or more) interesting items for a single order - doesn't seem to be happening often :whistle:

Reactions: Space Cadet
Same for me. Only using Zavvi now if I have a larger order with good prices, or in the very few instances they get a great exclusive I have to have and can’t get from another country. I’m sure in the long run they will lose a big portion of their market share of international sales on this raise in shipping costs. We’ll see if it was worth it.

Asked Zavvi about shipping prices :

"Unfortunately the shipping prices have changed for a lot of countries. We are sorry for any inconvenience. We always try and keep the prices down as much as we can and with the cost for us being higher then we have no choice but to charge you lovely customers a little bit more. "

@WaxWeazle I’m not going to say anything about the CS, it’s not the best. But hope you still receive your order, don’t lose all hope just yet. A couple of months ago I had the same situation, an order didn’t show. They sent me a replacement, and then a week or two later the original order turned up. It had a sticker on it saying it was wrongly sent to and then returned from Canada, which obviously explained why it took so long. Hope something like this may also be the case for you and that it pops up, especially with no replacement available.

Canada? Does that mean you've been getting my Zavvi steelbooks?

I'm still waiting on Evil Dead 2 from Nov. 5th. and a copy of Ant-man and the Wasp.