Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi gave me €3.00 refund to comply with free shipping but I don't want to have to contact them every order I do to get this as that's a right pain to have to do this.

They told me they will be updating their website to say free shipping for steelbooks is UK only

The increase of standard shipping cost for some countries is crazy from £1.99 to £9.99 for a lot of countries
Rep of Ireland standard shipping was €2.49 and is now €4.49

It used to be free shipping on orders over €20.00 last year

Yep, it’s a gigantic hassle to contact them every time. Their new shipping prices makes it so that I will only order with them when they have exclusives I just have to have and aren’t available cheaper in other countries, or when they have offers where the total price is still cheaper than others. Won’t be often anymore. With Zavvi raising shipping costs and Zoom and HMV not shipping to my country, Amazon is more or less the only UK option left for me. It’s a shame it’s getting harder and harder to collect.

Reactions: paulboland
I think you'll find it's happening right across the board. it's getting harder and harder for me to order from Amazon.com and unless it's a really special item I don't bother anymore. I keep my fingers crossed a UK retailer will do something.

I think you'll find it's happening right across the board. it's getting harder and harder for me to order from Amazon.com and unless it's a really special item I don't bother anymore. I keep my fingers crossed a UK retailer will do something.
Yes, Amazon.com is not very friendly either with international orders, especially if it’s a cheaper item. Shipping is too high. Luckily Wowhd offers free shipping and turns out much cheaper for standard releases.

Yep, it’s a gigantic hassle to contact them every time. Their new shipping prices makes it so that I will only order with them when they have exclusives I just have to have and aren’t available cheaper in other countries, or when they have offers where the total price is still cheaper than others. Won’t be often anymore. With Zavvi raising shipping costs and Zoom and HMV not shipping to my country, Amazon is more or less the only UK option left for me. It’s a shame it’s getting harder and harder to collect.
Yup, Zavvi was my most used store too with good discounts and I rarely experienced any problems with the shipping (I used to few years back, but not anymore). Now it would be crazy to just go and order some item you're interested in with those mad shipping costs; a damn shame indeed.

What's going on with these cowboys lately?

Got an email today telling me of fantastic steelbook clearance sale. Clicked on it and couldn't see anything really on sale. Items were just the same price they always are..

I check out in Euros so the site is always set at that for me. However, when you change the currency to GBP there are different prices!!! Is that even legal?

For example, the Howling steelbook is €17.99 but only £9.99. And there are many others.....

Why isn't the savings passed on to Euro users?

Got an email today telling me of fantastic steelbook clearance sale. Clicked on it and couldn't see anything really on sale. Items were just the same price they always are..

I check out in Euros so the site is always set at that for me. However, when you change the currency to GBP there are different prices!!! Is that even legal?

For example, the Howling steelbook is €17.99 but only £9.99. And there are many others.....

"Technically" not against the law to charge different prices based on currency. With Brexit happening expect more of this as the Euro devalues even further in the UK.

"Technically" not against the law to charge different prices based on currency. With Brexit happening expect more of this as the Euro devalues even further in the UK.
You sure about thar?

I can understand a difference in price between currencies. But two completely different prices for the same item depending on where you're living?

What other site does that?

If amazon charged $15 for a blu ray for within the U.S. but $25 for the same item for the UK you guys would be pretty pissed too.

You sure about thar?

I can understand a difference in price between currencies. But two completely different prices for the same item depending on where you're living?

What other site does that?

If amazon charged $15 for a blu ray for within the U.S. but $25 for the same item for the UK you guys would be pretty pissed too.

over the years I've seen huge price differences between Amazon US and Uk and have often bought the US version saving me money. No it's not illegal, pretty sh*tty but not illegal.

If Europe become difficult with UK retailers after we leave then expect the Euro to be seen as poison and many retailers charging much higher sums for those wanting to use it.

Honestly it wouldnt shock me to do with Different Countries, Different markets ... one thing might be more popular in another Country then another .... Thus maybe different people are in charge for the promotion and growth of those areas. So it could simply be just a sale going on in one region and not another.

Just like Amazons ... rarely are the same movies the same prices in diff territories and they all have their own local cust. service reps etc. Not saying Zavvi run like Amazon but could easily be some market similarities.

btw, I spoke with one vinyl record company in USA who told me they had worked a deal with zavvi and they shipped their stuff to a warehouse in Chicago. Sounds like it rerouted to UK. One would then assume the UK price could then be cheaper due to cheaper postage "in country" vs. then adding more going to another in EU. etc.

not completely sure on any, but that was some info i once heard from the owner. fyi (first sentence)

Hi guys, is there anyone here how knows someone at zavvi?
Since they raised their shipping cost for some countries (about two month ago) the "Free Delivery Steelbooks" Promotion doesn't work anymore, or more precise, it wasn't updated to the new shipping cost. So It still reduces shipping by £0.99 (which was the former shipping cost) form £6.99 to £6.00.

For two months I've been wirting to zavvi about this. Customer support always says that ths is a mistake on the site, and I always get a refund, but no one seems willing to fix this.
This is very annoying, so I wonder if anyone here knows someone at zavvi who could bring this up and hopefully finally fix this.

I don’t think they will fix that, and their CS gives different answers depending on who you talk to. Here’s what I got:

"I can confirm that fully free shipping is only in the UK. Delivery in the UK is 99p so this discount covers this. This is why only 99p does get discounted.

Thanks"

Hi guys, is there anyone here how knows someone at zavvi?
Since they raised their shipping cost for some countries (about two month ago) the "Free Delivery Steelbooks" Promotion doesn't work anymore, or more precise, it wasn't updated to the new shipping cost. So It still reduces shipping by £0.99 (which was the former shipping cost) form £6.99 to £6.00.

For two months I've been wirting to zavvi about this. Customer support always says that ths is a mistake on the site, and I always get a refund, but no one seems willing to fix this.
This is very annoying, so I wonder if anyone here knows someone at zavvi who could bring this up and hopefully finally fix this.

Maybe @Wreck does.

Zavvi CS on twitter gave me the excuse free shipping for steelbooks is UK only and is why the free shipping discount is only £0.99p (€1.49)

I pointed out to Zavvi CS it does not say UK only anywhere on Zavvi website terms and conditions on their website or when placing an order in regards to free shipping with steelbook orders

All it says when you add to basket you have qualifed for Free Delivery-Steelbooks

At Checkout it's listed promotions applied
Free Delivery Steelbooks

All customers worlwide should be given as advertised at checkout Free Delivery

Been Charged €3.00 shipping is not free delivery as listed in a customers order

Zavvi need to fix website so it applies free shipping as listed as in no shipping charge applies

Free Shipping means no shipping payment is required on your order and that is what all customers should be getting

Customers should not have to be contacting zavvi for shipping payment refund after an order has been shipped.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replys.

I never had anyone saying that the free shipping promotion is for UK or certian counties only. I actually have Messages from coustomer support that say that this is a mistake on the website.
And as paulboland stated there is nothing in the T&C or somwhere on the site where it says that the promotion only applies to certain counties. So this is actually false advertising, because free does not mean a discount.
So I guess this is why it was never a problem to get a refund, but they should really fix this either way.

This is a reply from Zavvi:
"Thanks for contacting us about your free delivery for steel-books. This is an error on the website and I have filed a ticket to get this sorted. I have also refunded you 6.00£ for the delivery of your order."

I also started to group items together, since Zavvi only charges the shhipping for one item. Meaning I order a steelbook and if another one comes out and the first one ist still available, I cancel my first order and make a new one with the two items together and so on.
It's a lot of cancelling but it spares me the hassle of asking a refund for every single steel.
This makes it also very clear that there is something worng with the shipping cost calculation.

Thanks for your replys.

I never had anyone saying that the free shipping promotion is for UK or certian counties only. I actually have Messages from coustomer support that say that this is a mistake on the website.
And as paulboland
stated there is nothing in the T&C or somwhere on the site where it says that the promotion only applies to certain counties. So this is actually false advertising, because free does not mean a discount.
So I guess this is why it was never a problem to get a refund, but they should really fix this either way.

This is a reply from Zavvi:
"Thanks for contacting us about your free delivery for steel-books. This is an error on the website and I have filed a ticket to get this sorted. I have also refunded you 6.00£ for the delivery of your order."

I also started to group items together, since Zavvi only charges the shhipping for one item. Meaning I order a steelbook and if another one comes out and the first one ist still available, I cancel my first order and make a new one with the two items together and so on.
It's a lot of cancelling but it spares me the hassle of asking a refund for every single steel.
This makes it also very clear that there is something worng with the shipping cost calculation.

Zavvi CS on twitter gave me the excuse free shipping for steelbooks is UK only and is why the free shipping discount is only £0.99p (€1.49)

I pointed out to Zavvi CS it does not say UK only anywhere on Zavvi website terms and conditions on their website or when placing an order in regards to free shipping with steelbook orders
All it says when you add to basket you have qualifed for Free Delivery-Steelbooks

At Checkout it's listed promotions applied
Free Delivery Steelbooks

All customers worlwide should be given as advertised at checkout Free Delivery

Been Charged €3.00 shipping is not free delivery as listed in a customers order

Zavvi need to fix website so it applies free shipping as listed as in no shipping charge applies

Free Shipping means no shipping payment is required on your order and that is what all customers should be getting

Customers should not have to be contacting zavvi for shipping payment refund after an order has been shipped.

They will surely fix it, soon I presume, by removing the "free shipping for steelbooks" all together! :)
As spaceboy said, and as I also said some time ago, this is PURE false advertising, and along with deception and cheat are various ways to frame-up people, which, a.f.a.i.k., when done by a company, it is one of the felonies that are (should) harshly punishable all over the world in the "consumer business" (not for nothing they refund and payback when a customer request and say is not satisfied; and no, is not about the fear of customer not purchasing anymore, there's plenty of [fullish] other fishes in the seea of consumerism)!
But, as long as no one is doing nothing about (legally), Zavvi thrives and just ignore few ones that rise the question.
I for one, went on the verge of suing them, but I let it go (also), when I found out that this could (somehow) lead to the end of Zavvi (at least for selling Blu's and Steel's), and I did not wanted to be the one responsible for that, and "steal" this from you all.
Nevertheless, I presume that this kind of claim/action, if will come from a more powerful country (citizens), will have much more impact and echo than coming from me.

Bottom line: everyone is complaining and unsatisfied, but nobody is doing something/anything, therefore Zavvi is ignoring,

I would also dare to launch a quest here: which of the users here are of Zavvi's employees?
(and I also wonder, when we'll see my account blocked or closed down?!? :))

Yes I think it's outrageous. I'm supposed to get free shipping to Canada and my transaction always shows a discount of $6.99 for free shipping. Shipping always shows up as $7.13 so I always have to pay 14 cents for shipping. Outrageous I tell you! :LOL:

Yes I think it's outrageous. I'm supposed to get free shipping to Canada and my transaction always shows a discount of $6.99 for free shipping. Shipping always shows up as $7.13 so I always have to pay 14 cents for shipping. Outrageous I tell you! :LOL:

You, among others, are a lucky one!
Therefore, this most likely does not affect you (as you so "subtle" put it), but rest assured, there are others that do pay significantly for shipping, and we are MANY!