Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
I was forced to pay import taxes for some items I purchased from them, even if we are inside EU... so... :mad::vomit:(n)
Guernsey, from where Zavvi usually sends out their international orders, is not inside EU. That's the reason for your import taxes.

I can't care LESS for the reason...
I purchase inside EU => NO TAXES!

Would you like to, for let's say for example you purchase something from them which costs £150 and £20 then, to have such a surprise that you need to pay additionally 19% VAT + other 2,5% Import Fees and this is all added to the item cost + shipping taxes (£170 in example), which makes a total of £207,36 so additional 1/4 of the item's price?????
And all those while your purchase is WITHIN EU?
COME ON, this is B***S***!

Guernsey, from where Zavvi usually sends out their international orders, is not inside EU. That's the reason for your import taxes.

@Felix_ro I do understand your displeasure. Not many enjoy extra taxes, especially when they come as a surprise.

Shipments from Guernsey are eligible for taxing at the border in any EU country, though.

Zavvi's prices only include VAT for UK customers.

From Zavvi's Terms & Conditions:

"If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT), which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you. "

ALL your arguments and “quotes” and “disclaimers” doesn’t make it any bit better... in fact, it’s make it worse, MUCH WORSE!
If you are fine paying extra for something that you SHOULD NOT have extra charges, that’s fine, is your problem...
On the other hand, back then when I was overcharged, I consulted a legal and after he studied everything, he said anyone can sue this company, regardless of their “disclaimer” or any try to subterfuge...
The law is clear and simple: the price on the shelf MUST be the same at the cashier... but in zavvi you might be required to pay also to get out of the store, and then to be allowed to go home.

I have nothing else to say on this matter, I was angry enough and now you (all that defends zavvi) don’t do anything else than to reopen the wound...

Is like you can’t find any other shop that’s EVEN BETTER than those .... (you put here whatever abjection you want).

I do have something GOOD (actually the ONLY good thing) to say about my recent interaction with zavvi’s customer care, which I wanted to put here in this thread too, and I might do it... sometime... that customer care was SUPER EXTRA funny giving me an straight and useful answer while formulating it entirely with references to my request in question... that was (and stil is) SOOOO FUNNY that I even saved all that message ...

@Felix_ro I do understand your displeasure. Not many enjoy extra taxes, especially when they come as a surprise.

Shipments from Guernsey are eligible for taxing at the border in any EU country, though.

Zavvi's prices only include VAT for UK customers.

From Zavvi's Terms & Conditions:

"If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT), which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you. "

I have nothing else to say on this matter, I was angry enough and now you (all that defends zavvi) don’t do anything else than to reopen the wound...
You are completely misunderstanding me, I'm definitely not defending Zavvi :LOL:

Just pointing out why you (and I) need to pay VAT at the border for Zavvi items shipped from Guernsey, if the customs officials so decide.

As the goods come from outside EU and VAT hasn't been paid to your country by Zavvi, it will have to be paid by you, the buyer. Again, the same goes for me.

Good luck taking this up with Zavvi :thumbs:

Actually, it really doesn’t matter from where zavvi sends the goods, THEY and ONLY THEY MUST/SHOULD pay for ANYTHING else than the price advertised as long as we’re making trades inside EU; if they have any “warehouses” outside EU, THEY MUST pay ALL the fees as long as they’re selling them inside EU...
Otherwise, they are just avoiding paying those taxes, which is called “fiscal evasion” and put them on buyers, which according to laws, is illegal; therefore, they are breaking the laws two (2) times in just one transaction as long as they ship from outside EU goods purchased inside EU.

For example, when I purchase from Amazon US, I know INSTANTLY what my fees will be, and I have also the option to pay them through Amazon. So, zavvi hiding such extra costs from buyers, they commit a third (3-rd) infraction, LYING/HIDING the real price the buyers will ultimately pay; this is called also somehow legally, but I don’t recall now the exact term.

Therefore, ONLY US, the buyers are to blame because we accept this and let it be (being glad that we got something we really want and expect so bad)... this also could be interpreted as exploitation....

STOP BEING FOOLS paying something that sellers have the legal obligation to pay!

You are completely misunderstanding me, I'm definitely not defending Zavvi :LOL:

Just pointing out why you (and I) need to pay VAT at the border for Zavvi items shipped from Guernsey, if the customs officials so decide.

As the goods come from outside EU and VAT hasn't been paid to your country by Zavvi, it will have to be paid by you, the buyer. Again, the same goes for me.

Good luck taking this up with Zavvi :thumbs:

It's been a week now since they got my return and they still haven't sent a replacement, even after several messages...

Is there anything I can do? I'm starting to worry that they're screwing me over.

Just got hit for the first time by customs charges when ordering from Zavvi, 150SEK (~15 euro), for one single steelbook. Its pure bullshit. The other steel got though without problems though for some strange reason, but not this one.
Contacted Postnord in Sweden about it and they said that particular steel was sent from the Channel Islands, hence outside the EU. Does that mean the other steel wasnt sent from the Channel Islands or what? Anyhow, im not paying for the customs so it will be sent back and i expect a full refund.
Question though, is it different if you buy from zavvi.de for an example? Or is everything sent from the same warehouses?

So i guess im not going to be using Zavvi anything at all in the future, because im not gonna sit here and wait for some steels to eventually get hit by a 150SEK customs fee for every damn steel. No way! Zavvi is pretty much dead to me.

This is pretty much going to kill alot of my steelbook collecting.

So, like many of you, i have just received a bunch of Steelbooks in flimsy cardboard envelopes/mailers and they have ALL ARRIVED DAMAGED. So i want to ask what the hell is happening?

Zavvi used to send out their steelbooks in nice little white boxes with a layer of foam for protection, they recently switched to white sleaves which had to be cost saving but meant that i had my first two damaged steelbooks. Now they're using these mailers i'm at a ratio of 100% arriving damaged :(

Zavvi charge a premium for steelbooks which can often be purchased cheaper elsewhere, why are they penny pinching with packaging? I was always happy buying non-exclusive releases from Zavvi knowing the steelbook would arrive safely, now I no longer want to buy from them... I have the two Avengers steelbooks preorderee and i want to cancel rather than deal with returning damaged goods.

Is there anyone here who can talk some sense into them? HMV have really improved their packaging so I can switch to them for some releases but I can't order everything there. @zavvi can you comment on this?

They have just tweeted that they are looking into changing to a better steelbook packaging. What that means and at what time nobody knows, we’ll have to see. And yeah, it’s crazy shipping steelbooks in A1 mailers, you are just asking for damages. And it can’t be cheaper for them with all the returns and refunds either.

Change back @zavvi!

Oh they went back to that again? I remember last time they did this and the backlash they faced, and the increased damages and returns they had to process. Then they went back to a white/brown box (depending on who folded it lol) with a little foam. I thought the increased shipping price was to offset this a little bit.

I am really worried about some of my orders which are already on the way including Meet The Robinsons....by the time they reach the US, it's more than likely there will be some damage...I also don't know how their customer service will react if I report multiple damaged steelbooks together.

@zavvi can you please confirm when (and if) you are switching back to box packaging for steelbooks? As mentioned above by OP, I would prefer to cancel my pre-orders than deal with more damaged steelbooks.

I am really worried about some of my orders which are already on the way including Meet The Robinsons....by the time they reach the US, it's more than likely there will be some damage...I also don't know how their customer service will react if I report multiple damaged steelbooks together.

@zavvi can you please confirm when (and if) you are switching back to box packaging for steelbooks? As mentioned above by OP, I would prefer to cancel my pre-orders than deal with more damaged steelbooks.

I wonder if people would complain again if Zavvi started charging 99p for shipping again if they were to guarantee the white boxes would be used.

I wonder if people would complain again if Zavvi started charging 99p for shipping again if they were to guarantee the white boxes would be used.

For international customers, who I would think is a sizable portion for Zavvi, there is no free shipping right now even with these flimsy mailers. It is GBP 3 for each order, and we suffer the most if we get damaged steelbooks as returns are more difficult and take time to reach back to Zavvi.

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233