Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi's flimsy shipping strikes again. I just received my Incredibles Mondo Steelbook which came in one of their low quality shipping boxes ripped in some places and arrived with a massive dent that caused significant warping to one edge. The item seems to be sold out now as it doesn't even show up in any of the listings on either the U.S. or U.K. site so I imagine I'm not going to get any sort of replacement for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
Zavvi's flimsy shipping strikes again. I just received my Incredibles Mondo Steelbook which came in one of their low quality shipping boxes ripped in some places and arrived with a massive dent that caused significant warping to one edge. The item seems to be sold out now as it doesn't even show up in any of the listings on either the U.S. or U.K. site so I imagine I'm not going to get any sort of replacement for it.

As expected they have no replacement units available, and the customer service rep stated that the image I sent proved no excessive damage to the product because the DVD should still play. They offered me a paltry 30% discount on the price out of courtesy. I responded that their customer service team seemed to lack a fundamental understanding of exactly what people ordering Steelbook editions of movies are actually paying for and that they would issue me a 100% refund on the product price and shipping charges I paid as well as any shipping charges I would need to pay to return the piece of garbage to them. If they respond that I would need to cover return shipping costs myself, as I expect them to, then I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card and let Visa deal with them instead.

As expected they have no replacement units available, and the customer service rep stated that the image I sent proved no excessive damage to the product because the DVD should still play. They offered me a paltry 30% discount on the price out of courtesy. I responded that their customer service team seemed to lack a fundamental understanding of exactly what people ordering Steelbook editions of movies are actually paying for and that they would issue me a 100% refund on the product price and shipping charges I paid as well as any shipping charges I would need to pay to return the piece of garbage to them. If they respond that I would need to cover return shipping costs myself, as I expect them to, then I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card and let Visa deal with them instead.

Paid by Credit card? then you'll get a full refund from them! @zavvi customer service is beyond a disgrace. Telling you the disc will still work when you bought a collectors item where the packaging is 60% the reason for buying is just beyond contempt!

Yes a few months ago
UK also no longer have free shipping they have to pay 0.99p for standard shipping

Go by checkout to see shipping cost don't go by what is listed in country list
Thanks. I checked it and noticed shipping discounts applied. It's 1.00p to Japan. I wonder how long this promotion last.

Have moved houses after splitting with wife.. And I contact zavvi to change my address for preorders that are due in July. And strangely the only company in the world that cannot do this, how is it possible? Their advice is cancel and reorder but items are out of stock so not sure how their advice can help.

Surely if you change the details on your credit card on your account to the new address the items should automatically go to the new address?
No that don't happen
You have to make sure the delivery address is correct when placing you order at checkout

You can update in your account by adding a new address and credit cards but these only get used when you select which address or credit card you want to use at checkout

If you get failed payment email you will get the option to use different payment method using link in email
Delivery address cannot be changed on existing orders

Zavvi website
In order to protect our customers from potential fraud, we are also unable to amend address details once the order has been submitted.

Please ensure that the delivery address is correct before you submit your order. You have the option to change the delivery address at checkout

No that don't happen
You have to make sure the delivery address is correct when placing you order at checkout

You can update in your account by adding a new address and credit cards but these only get used when you select which address or credit card you want to use at checkout

If you get failed payment email you will get the option to use different payment method using link in email
Delivery address cannot be changed on existing orders

Zavvi website
In order to protect our customers from potential fraud, we are also unable to amend address details once the order has been submitted.

Please ensure that the delivery address is correct before you submit your order. You have the option to change the delivery address at checkout
It's so backdated though...surely customer service should be able to do it manually in some circumstances. Is there literally no other way but just to cancel my orders

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
It's so backdated though...surely customer service should be able to do it manually in some circumstances. Is there literally no other way but just to cancel my orders
I agree it's not good but Zavvi are not alone in not allowing address changes it's happens with some other retailers around the world most though yes have an option to do address change

HMV you can change address but not payment method and don't give the option if payment fails to use different payment method you have to do a new order when that happens.

Zavvi should allow address changes in my opinion as some customers move address often for various reasons especially those that rent apartments or rooms in a house share compared to those that own their own homes and some pre orders are months in advance of release date.

You could sign up with your postal provider to have your mail redirected to your new home it's not 100% as depends on postal provider used with your order

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/redirection

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhiraj1
i'm thinking of ordering studio ghibli with slipcovers from zavvi. will zavvi ship them in their little white boxes like for steelbooks, or will it be just bubble or cardboard envelopes like what Amazon uses?

i'm thinking of ordering studio ghibli with slipcovers from zavvi. will zavvi ship them in their little white boxes like for steelbooks, or will it be just bubble or cardboard envelopes like what Amazon uses?
Most times will be bubble mailers
White boxes are only used with steelbooks

Sometimes if shipped from the hut Warrington warehouse can be sent in decent box packaging but this can vary to be good packaging to not so good

If it's a slipcover or slipcase with soft cardboard packaging there is a risk of arriving damaged

Last edited:
Most times will be bubble mailers
White boxes are only used with steelbooks

Sometimes if shipped from the hut Warrington warehouse can be sent in decent box packaging but this can vary to be good packaging to not so good

If it's a slipcover or slipcase with soft cardboard packaging there is a risk of arriving damaged
thanks for the info, friend. yes 99% of the times they come damaged from Amazon. it's so hard to get decent slipcovers from UK. :(

How long does it usually take for Zavvi to send a replacement order? I got an email last Monday that they had received my return, as I received a damaged item and I requested a replacement, but it still hasn't been sent.

I have asked them twice about it that when it will be sent, but I've just gotten generic "We'll send you an email when it's dispatched" crap.

They took your money, right?
Then, what's the rush (for them)? :naughty:

How long does it usually take for Zavvi to send a replacement order? I got an email last Monday that they had received my return, as I received a damaged item and I requested a replacement, but it still hasn't been sent.

I have asked them twice about it that when it will be sent, but I've just gotten generic "We'll send you an email when it's dispatched" crap.