Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Warning
Zavvi are shipping in cardboard mailers again and not been shipped from guernsey

Steelbooks are meant to be shipped in the white boxes from guernsey

My Frozen mondo steelbook is destroyed and was shipped in basic cardboard mailer from sweden

Warning
Zavvi are shipping in cardboard mailers again and not been shipped from guernsey

Steelbooks are meant to be shipped in the white boxes from guernsey

My Frozen mondo steelbook is destroyed and was shipped in basic cardboard mailer from sweden

Sweden?? Why on earth did it come from Sweden?

Sweden?? Why on earth did it come from Sweden?
Zavvi and the hut have a warehouses in sweden and netherlands

They ship various products from there

Steelbooks must be shipped in white boxes and from guernsey only

My frozen mondo steelbook destroyed
50849839_10217279445358726_4087811716119789568_n.jpg 51401464_10217279445198722_6383574325420621824_n.jpg

Shipped from sweden in basic cardboard mailer

50974235_10217279509880339_184549341640261632_n.jpg 50748127_10217279675844488_1984930057948233728_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks horrible. So they increased the shipping price, yet made no attempts to provide better packaging. Very frustrated to receive several collector's editions in thin padded envelopes, but unfortunately I can't get any of those from anywhere else at a reasonable price.

Indeed the damage is beyond acceptance, and I truly believe you should ask Zavvi for replacement (if you did not yet had done so already).

On the other hand, sure, maybe for you those located in UK and Ireland, shipping from Guernsey is probably the best,
but for the rest of us from Europe, when the package comes from Guernsey, automatically goes through customs,
where most certain there are added fees and import taxes, which you and everyone must agree is not quite correct,
and not even nice, as we are not importing anything as long as Zavvi has also sites in Germany (Zavvi.DE),
France (Zavvi.FR) and Spain (Zavvi.ES) and we can place order on any of them, so inside EU.

Furthermore, I also had issues with SteelBooks that come from all over Europe, but,
extremely strange, the two orders (one with one SteelBook and one with two SteelBooks)
that I placed at JB-HiFi (jbhifi.com.au), come all the way from Australia to Romania,
without tracking, in just a paper/cardboard envelope (similar with the ones from Amazon),
but AMAZINGLY without any damage (hope this will not be the thing which will change this to worst)!
This I certainly cannot explain myself! :confused:
Can any of you?!?!
Was just plain luck? I really don't think so. (I am usually avoided by luck.)

Zavvi and the hut have a warehouses in sweden and netherlands

They ship various products from there

Steelbooks must be shipped in white boxes and from guernsey only

My frozen mondo steelbook destroyed

Indeed the damage is beyond acceptance, and I truly believe you should ask Zavvi for replacement (if you did not yet had done so already).

On the other hand, sure, maybe for you those located in UK and Ireland, shipping from Guernsey is probably the best,
but for the rest of us from Europe, when the package comes from Guernsey, automatically goes through customs,
where most certain there are added fees and import taxes, which you and everyone must agree is not quite correct,
and not even nice, as we are not importing anything as long as Zavvi has also sites in Germany (Zavvi.DE),
France (Zavvi.FR) and Spain (Zavvi.ES) and we can place order on any of them, so inside EU.

Furthermore, I also had issues with SteelBooks that come from all over Europe, but,
extremely strange, the two orders (one with one SteelBook and one with two SteelBooks)
that I placed at JB-HiFi (jbhifi.com.au), come all the way from Australia to Romania,
without tracking, in just a paper/cardboard envelope (similar with the ones from Amazon),
but AMAZINGLY without any damage (hope this will not be the thing which will change this to worst)!
This I certainly cannot explain myself! :confused:
Can any of you?!?!
Was just plain luck? I really don't think so. (I am usually avoided by luck.)
Zavvi white boxes for steelbooks are only used when shipped from guernsey warehouse

It's not good idea if not shipped from guernsey as it means high risk of orders arriving damaged if shipped from other locations

Sorry to be naive and not knowing this, but WHAT and WHY they can't use same (or even better) packaging for shipping out from everywhere to anywhere?

I happen to be in direct contact with a carton packaging manufacturer, which produce (among other packaging products) also the amazon's type envelopes
(which, for example you and anyone else can purchase from here: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07BVQK6FH/?tag=hidefnin0d-21)
and which producer produce and ship ANY kind of carton and cardboard packaging, custom made or standardized designs, all over Europe and even some in Turkey and Asia,
so I can't believe that those boxes are "strictly reserved" to Guernsey! And I know the producer I'm reffering to is not the only one on the market for such packaging stuff!

Zavvi white boxes for steelbooks are only used when shipped from guernsey warehouse

It's not good idea if not shipped from guernsey as it means high risk of orders arriving damaged if shipped from other locations

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Sorry to be naive and not knowing this, but WHAT and WHY they can't use same (or even better) packaging for shipping out from everywhere to anywhere?

I happen to be in direct contact with a carton packaging manufacturer, which produce (among other packaging products) also the amazon's type envelopes
(which, for example you and anyone else can purchase from here: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07BVQK6FH/?tag=hidefnin0d-21)
and which producer produce and ship ANY kind of carton and cardboard packaging, custom made or standardized designs, all over Europe and even some in Turkey and Asia,
so I can't believe that those boxes are "strictly reserved" to Guernsey! And I know the producer I'm reffering to is not the only one on the market for such packaging stuff!
It's only the guernsey warehouse that has the white boxes

We had this issue before with zavvi and is well known issue and get's most of us annoyed when we see steelbooks been shipped from a warehouse not based in guernsey

When shipped from guernsey parcel has CN customs label as it's not a EU country

How long you been a customer with zavvi and ordering steelbooks from them as it's easy to spot when not shipped from guernsey

Even more what you say (that is a well know issue and is a long time too)
is adding to my question and to the FACT that THEY NEED TO DO SOME CHANGES!

Or do you prefer to just understand their "point of view" and accept to receive damaged SteelBooks?

It's only the guernsey warehouse that has the white boxes

We had this issue before with zavvi and is well known

How long you been a customer with zavvi and ordering steelbooks from them

Even more what you say (that is a well know issue and is a long time too)
is adding to my question and to the FACT that THEY NEED TO DO SOME CHANGES!

Or do you prefer to just understand their "point of view" and accept to receive damaged SteelBooks?
I don't get you what you are getting at understand zavvi point of view ??????/

I never accept damaged items from any retailer I get a full refund or replacement always

Zavvi are sending me a replacement

When they get enough complaints they go back to using the white boxes and ship from guernsey that why I posted on twitter telling them they must use the white boxes and despatch steelbook orders from guernsey

The other warehouses are the hut group locations

Zavvi warehouse is in guernsey

Sometimes not using white boxes it's due to running out of boxes but when it's shipped from a different warehouse it won't be a white box that is used

I don't want my order passing through 2-3 countries before arriving in Ireland and in crap packaging

UK retailer is to ship Blu-ray/DVD releases from UK/Channel Islands as they are UK/Ireland releases

It's not to be shipped from netherlands/france/germany/sweden as I have not ordered from those countries with Zavvi

I hope you realize that I said exactly the same thing, with different words, and that we both agree on one simple fact:
Zavvi logistics is crap!

And sure, exactly my point was that

1. they should ALWAYS (with no exception and no "run out of boxes" excuses) use the better packaging for SteelBooks (this way they will reduce multiple out-in shipping costs and MANY damages),

2. and they should use their inter-warehouses transports (which for sure are regularly scheduled and for sure much more safe than a single SteelBook) so that one item from (let's say, for example) Germany warehouse, goes firstly to Guernsey (or any other UK/IR warehouse, or closer to the customer), and then goes to you, the customer and final transport/shipment - this will again save them LOTS of costs for shipments due the fact that will ship closer in the same country, instead of over several countries, and their inter-warehouses transport will still be made, so no additional cost here.

And I bet we all will be OK to some delay in delivery, although I'm pretty sure this will not be the case, with an item shipped from another country, furthermore if we add the replacement time to arrive (second shipping time), for sure inter-warehouses way would be MUCH FASTER, hence, faster and safer delivery!

Hope that now is much clearer what I meant; and I do hope you understand we're on the same side, against poor choices in packaging and shipping made by Zavvi (logistics), and the need for them to actually CHANGE SOMETHING for the better!

For example, in my case, now I had ordered several SteelBooks, three of them were shipped the same day, but separately, and I got two of them at the same time, almost two weeks ago, and the third, despite being the first shipped that day, has not yet arrived, and I see that it is now "out of stock", so I am wondering, if I would want to get my item, and do not want the refund, what will Zavvi actually do, if I will never going to receive my third item?!?! This has happened several times before, that I did not EVER received something purchased from them, and I had to do that "signed explanation note" and just then got replacements, but items were always in stock, as opposed with this time.

So, would be three separate shipments with each item independently be better in the costs than just one with all three items? I don't think so! => Zavvi loose money!

Would be three separate shipments with each item independently be better protecting the SteelBooks (items) than just one with all three items? I again don't think so! => items damaged or not delivered => Zavvi make replacement + new shipment => Zavvi loose money!

Zavvi point of view = "sorry, we just run out of boxes"
and
Zavvi point of view = "sorry, we only use better boxes for SteelBooks when we ship from Guernsey"
abd
Zavvi point of view = and "sorry, we don't have that item in your country, therefore we'll ship it from somewhere else, and as a bonus, you might end up required to pay some import taxes and fees, instead of us paying for them"

All those are just pathetic excuses from Zavvi side!

QUOTE="paulboland, post: 2184946, member: 6041"]I don't get you what you are getting at understand zavvi point of view ??????/

I never accept damaged items from any retailer I get a full refund or replacement always

Zavvi are sending me a replacement

When they get enough complaints they go back to using the white boxes and ship from guernsey that why I posted on twitter telling them they must use the white boxes and despatch steelbook orders from guernsey

The other warehouses are the hut group locations

Zavvi warehouse is in guernsey

Sometimes not using white boxes it's due to running out of boxes but when it's shipped from a different warehouse it won't be a white box that is used

I don't want my order passing through 2-3 countries before arriving in Ireland and in crap packaging

UK retailer is to ship Blu-ray/DVD releases from UK/Channel Islands as they are UK/Ireland releases

It's not to be shipped from netherlands/france/germany/sweden as I have not ordered from those countries with Zavvi[/QUOTE]

It's not to be shipped from netherlands/france/germany/sweden as I have not ordered from those countries with Zavvi
I don't think it matters what site you order from.

I've ordered steelbooks from Zavvi Germany and Zavvi Spain sites and they've always come in the white cartons (via Guernsey)

I don't think it matters what site you order from.

I've ordered steelbooks from Zavvi Germany and Zavvi Spain sites and they've always come in the white cartons (via Guernsey)
I ordered from Zavvi UK website
I have never used the other Zavvi websites variants.

My Mondo steelbook was not shipped from Guernsey that is the issue.

White boxes only happen if shipped from Guernsey.

It was posted from Sweden and return address has p.o. box in Sweden
No cn customs label on packaging

It's not the first time this has happened zavvi orders been shipped from Sweden has happened before.

Last edited:
Can anybody comment on how Zavvi ship box sets nowadays? I'm running out of places to order from the UK now, and I might have to rely exclusively on Zavvi even though their customer service and packaging is downright awful. I know they'll stuff it in a bubble envelope if it fits, but what about things that are too big?

Also, I still regularly buy normal non collector's edition Blu-rays as well as Steelbooks from them and I haven't gotten a Steelbook shipped in a white box in a looooooooong time.

Can anybody comment on how Zavvi ship box sets nowadays? I'm running out of places to order from the UK now, and I might have to rely exclusively on Zavvi even though their customer service and packaging is downright awful. I know they'll stuff it in a bubble envelope if it fits, but what about things that are too big?

Also, I still regularly buy normal non collector's edition Blu-rays as well as Steelbooks from them and I haven't gotten a Steelbook shipped in a white box in a looooooooong time.
I've had items arriving in a box - I can't remember what, but the boxes are taller than that of regular collector's editions so it's got to be something fairly big - but it's very rare since they ship items separately.
Collector's editions and boxsets with about 3 blu-rays had arrive in bubble envelopes and most with damages but unfortunately there's no real alternative to shop at.
Steelbooks have been arriving in white boxes so no real issues there.

Last edited:
Just realised Zavvi now have a Wishlist feature, which is something I asked for a while back... glad they've finally implemented one! :D

Reactions: Felix_ro
Where and how do you see/access the Wishlist, please, cause I can't see anything related.
I'm not sure if you actually have to add something to your wishlist for it to appear, so if you don't see the following, then try adding something to it first (I'll explain how to do so at the end).

So, once you're logged in, simply just hover over "Account" at the top and a drop-down menu will appear with "Your Wishlist" being one of the options...

1.jpg

As for how to add items to it... on the item page, simply click "Save to Wishlist" with the little heart next to it, and it's done! Simple as that. :)

2.jpg