Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you actually have to add something to your wishlist for it to appear, so if you don't see the following, then try adding something to it first (I'll explain how to do so at the end).

So, once you're logged in, simply just hover over "Account" at the top and a drop-down menu will appear with "Your Wishlist" being one of the options...

View attachment 416629

As for how to add items to it... on the item page, simply click "Save to Wishlist" with the little heart next to it, and it's done! Simple as that. :)

View attachment 416630

Actually, I can't see any "Your Wishlist" in my account (where, BTW, was the first I look), nor next to any of the products (cause I would noticed for sure and started to use it).

2019-03-15 14_41_53-Account Home _ Zavvi.png
2019-03-15 14_42_38-Captain Marvel 3D (Includes 2D Blu-ray) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition ...png

Should I presume that this is valid only if you have an UK shipping address?!?!

Actually, I can't see any "Your Wishlist" in my account (where, BTW, was the first I look), nor next to any of the products (cause I would noticed for sure and started to use it).

View attachment 416651 View attachment 416652

Should I presume that this is valid only if you have an UK shipping address?!?!
I have the option and I have an Irish address.....

I have the option and I have an Irish address.....

Weird. Try clearing your cache maybe?

I think I figured out: it depends on what browser one is using and, more importantly how many "third-party" sites that loads along with Zavvi you block (via scripts or add-blocker).
On a Windows 10 machine and Internet Explorer 11 (yes, I know, is old, but still do the job), I can see the "Your Wishlist" option (even when not logged in), on Edge it does not show, but on Chrome it shows once again (all without need to be logged in).

Also, clearing cookies was the first thing I tried! :)

Thanks @Noodles!

I think I figured out: it depends on what browser one is using and, more importantly how many "third-party" sites that loads along with Zavvi you block (via scripts or add-blocker).
On a Windows 10 machine and Internet Explorer 11 (yes, I know, is old, but still do the job), I can see the "Your Wishlist" option (even when not logged in), on Edge it does not show, but on Chrome it shows once again (all without need to be logged in).

Also, clearing cookies was the first thing I tried! :)

Thanks @Noodles!
Interesting! I'm using Chrome, so obviously have no issues. And yeah... I noticed it still appears when logged out not soon after I posted my little guide lol.

so @Noodles this wishlist business you add something that is out of stock on pre-order for example then when comes back in stock they add it or send you an email???? just want some clairty what does go on

basil :thumbs:

so @Noodles this wishlist business you add something that is out of stock on pre-order for example then when comes back in stock they add it or send you an email???? just want some clairty what does go on

No idea mate... I literally only stumbled across it last night, so haven't had the chance to properly test it. One would hope that's how it works though! I'll most likely check the list manually on a daily basis anyway, just to be extra sure. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
Interesting! I'm using Chrome, so obviously have no issues. And yeah... I noticed it still appears when logged out not soon after I posted my little guide lol.

I believe you have the most recent version of Chrome, while I, here at work where I am now, I do not, and, furthermore is a "customized" version, with many things locked (one cannot change it, enable/disable) and I believe there's no option to load add-ons or apps. But as soon as I will get home, I will surely check all the browsers on my Mac.

*EDIT: Also, I said on Chrome it shows the list, as on yours! :p

Once again, MANY thanks @Noodles for letting us know this, I for one was using the basket from one visit to another.

@Basil , I do not believe this is a "notification" list, is just as the name say, WISH list, where you save the items you are tempted to purchase, until you check other options from other sellers and, of course the options available in the pocket/wallet. :)

well if is just wishlist of no interest to me, what you think they would have done if something is out of stock pre-order for example it orders for you when put back in stock. all companys have wishlists for a while now just if you want to see price come down as one example.

cheers for info noodles maybe you should have a word about them adding feature i was on about restocking notifcation :hilarious:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Anyone know what happens with pre orders with Zavvi my card was due to expire end of month and I just got new card and validated my card with card company, I then go on Zavvi looking to update card and find it does not let me?? 2019 and can't update are they serious.
I deleted them thinking I get other options but nothing lets you add a card unless I'm missing something.
I have a lot of pre orders to be sent with that old card yes whole number is same as new just expire date and 3 digit at back on new different.
So what happens as I can't add card and deleted my cards will they contact me for new card details? As many are out of stock or some I had 10% off.

Anyone know what happens with pre orders with Zavvi my card was due to expire end of month and I just got new card and validated my card with card company, I then go on Zavvi looking to update card and find it does not let me?? 2019 and can't update are they serious.
I deleted them thinking I get other options but nothing lets you add a card unless I'm missing something.
I have a lot of pre orders to be sent with that old card yes whole number is same as new just expire date and 3 digit at back on new different.
So what happens as I can't add card and deleted my cards will they contact me for new card details? As many are out of stock or some I had 10% off.

When it's time to charge you for the order, you will receive an email notifying you that it failed and there will be a link to follow and update your payment info.

When it's time to charge you for the order, you will receive an email notifying you that it failed and there will be a link to follow and update your payment info.

Phew thanks for that but it be so easy for them to just allow to change on site I been using them for 10 yrs and more and I could not remember what they did.

Phew thanks for that but it be so easy for them to just allow to change on site I been using them for 10 yrs and more and I could not remember what they did.

I can't say I'm surprised to not be allowed to change something, cause I did not get to change the shipping address, not even with the "contact us" function that has a specific section for EXACTLY this (shipping address is wrong); Zavvi's Customer Support is LESS than helpful, and only know to repeat just what you already saw/read/understood from their webpage, but never REAL help.
And BTW, if you wonder, no, I was not written the wrong address, but they "DECIDED" to NOT include on the PRINTED SHIPPING LABEL an ESSENTIAL information, the TOWN of destination, which is actually a MANDATORY field (marked with an "*" ).
Zavvi continues to amaze me/us with their "gREAT" support, which does nothing else than repeat things we already know instead of FIXING them!

Glad that in your case, could be managed at later time, as Apollon said!

I can't say I'm surprised to not be allowed to change something, cause I did not get to change the shipping address, not even with the "contact us" function that has a specific section for EXACTLY this (shipping address is wrong); Zavvi's Customer Support is LESS than helpful, and only know to repeat just what you already saw/read/understood from their webpage, but never REAL help.
And BTW, if you wonder, no, I was not written the wrong address, but they "DECIDED" to NOT include on the PRINTED SHIPPING LABEL an ESSENTIAL information, the TOWN of destination, which is actually a MANDATORY field (marked with an "*" ).
Zavvi continues to amaze me/us with their "gREAT" support, which does nothing else than repeat things we already know instead of FIXING them!

Glad that in your case, could be managed at later time, as Apollon said!

I know what you mean about changing address I had this last yr needed to change my few pre orders left to ship to my new address and could not be done I was told I need to cancel lol or reorder. Hard to order when out of stock but luckily I was able to check old place letterbox for steelbooks,but was hard as you never knew when they show up and our postal guys sometimes at times left them front of door, let's say nothing went missing. I did have redirected postage but even they could not get that right at times.

I know what you mean about changing address I had this last yr needed to change my few pre orders left to ship to my new address and could not be done I was told I need to cancel lol or reorder. Hard to order when out of stock but luckily I was able to check old place letterbox for steelbooks,but was hard as you never knew when they show up and our postal guys sometimes at times left them front of door, let's say nothing went missing. I did have redirected postage but even they could not get that right at times.

Yeah, that's CRAZY, their help with suggestion to cancel the "out of stock" item that we hardly get it the first place!
And you were fortunate to be able to check the former address, but me?
I have to change it BECAUSE OF THEM, cause they are UNABLE to be COHERENT and what they REQUIRE to also put on the SHIPPING LABEL!

(n)(n)(n)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone else received this mail from zavvi?

Hi Wouter,

We here at Zavvi would like to wish you a huge congratulations as you have been chosen as the winner of our Mastercard competition, winning a VIP trip for two adults to attend the UEFA Champions League Final Madrid 2019

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles and Felix_ro
Someone else received this mail from zavvi?

Hi Wouter,

We here at Zavvi would like to wish you a huge congratulations as you have been chosen as the winner of our Mastercard competition, winning a VIP trip for two adults to attend the UEFA Champions League Final Madrid 2019

All Zavvi customers have received it...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions: wouter and Felix_ro
Anyone else get an email from Zavvi with the subject line "Congratulations, you're our Mastercard Competition WINNER!" and telling them they need to send Zavvi a message through their site within 48 hours to claim their prize?

I think there was a mistake with their mailing as I have multiple email addresses registered with Zavvi and all of them got the same email ;/

Mega fail on their part if they emailed their entire client base....

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles