Baby Driver (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 13, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon - Zoom - HMV - Zavvi - Base.com
Price: £19.99 - (Amazon | Zoom | HMV | Zavvi) - £24.99 - (Base)
Notes: Bonus Disc - Behind The Wheel : The Making of Baby Driver (30 min)

DLsMCmzW4AApQaE.jpg

DLsMCnmW4AEh3-j.jpg
01-484140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this is sold out now. I ordered two (one for a friend) and the second didn’t turn up. Contacted Zoom and they won’t be getting anymore in stock but an apology and a refund. Looks like I might have to settle for the Zeta release

Looks like this is sold out now. I ordered two (one for a friend) and the second didn’t turn up. Contacted Zoom and they won’t be getting anymore in stock but an apology and a refund. Looks like I might have to settle for the Zeta release
you can buy this at bol.com for 29.95€ including soundtrack ;)

That is dreadful. Why do these companies offer Steelbooks, knowing full well that they are bought by people who are looking for more than just the film and treasure the artwork it arrives in, and then pack it in jiffy bags or weak card with no other protection.

It is total disregard for the customer. Especially if they then inform you that a replacement is no longer available.

They don't know and they don't care or they would ship it in special packaging.
To you a steelbook is something special. To them it's just a movie in a different kind of case which they sell like anything else because people buy it.

Like a CD in a jewel case. It's cracked? So what? Does it play?
That's about as far as their caring goes.

I think by now most people know what kind of packaging their steelbook is coming in.
It's a crapshoot and you take your chances.

Beware of an eBay seller flogging for £19.99 and other items...He / she is following the same selling pattern of previous scammers.

Bol.com ships in Amazon type cardboard mailers...Beware

Is there anybody other than Zavvi with their white boxes and the premium sellers with their boxes of bubble wrap or foam blocks that ship in something other than cheap mailers or baggies?

I don't understand why it is that some people think each time they order a steelbook that "maybe this time it will finally be delivered secured in an iron safe at the same shipping price as the mailer or baggie shipping price"

I mean it's OK to dream but be prepared to be

0007b85a36d6face353f6fe8367513b9f84cc828.gif

Feedback from months ago...Then sells multiple copies of the same item below retail...Usually new release Steelbooks and 4K items

Gotcha. I see that on Amazon in Canada all the time.
Also on ebay from sellers in China. Like the "Bones" complete series for $10.00. Or "Game of Thrones" seasons 1 to 6 for Blu-ray for cheap. Sometimes I order the "too good to be true" deal but I always get my refund.

Thank you for the warning.

• Thanks
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Amazingly, of the non-premium retailers, only Zavvi actually bothers using proper packaging.

Not quite the case.

HMV dispatches steelbooks - and regular Amarays - in thick wraparound cardboard packaging.
Arrow dispatches steelbooks in similar packaging to the above

Amazon have tested all sorts of different packaging for steelbooks including a larger than necessary cardboard box where the steelbook is 'floating' but personally not a fan of those as several times the removal of steelbook from package resulted in torn shrinkwrap and marks on the steelbook. Now they seem to have almost given up on steelbooks and on steelbook packaging and just use the same regular cardboard envelopes in which Zoom sent my BABY DRIVER steelbook.

Don't mind Zavvi's new steelbook packaging - with tray to keep steelbook from moving around inside the box and less chance of dislodged discs - although I admit to a preference for the previous boxes with the wraparound foam which were almost as good as the Play.com boxes with much thicker corrugated foam padding underneath and on top of the steelbooks.

Any idea, if ordering from base.com is legit? I missed out on Zavvi, and being in Canada, the only other one that will ship to me is base.com. Placed an order a few weeks ago, but it seems they are still "awaiting stock". Not sure if I should look for other options or not.

Any idea, if ordering from base.com is legit? I missed out on Zavvi, and being in Canada, the only other one that will ship to me is base.com. Placed an order a few weeks ago, but it seems they are still "awaiting stock". Not sure if I should look for other options or not.
It's sold out they won't be getting more stock

Received my second copy from Zoom which thankfully arrived in better shape than my original HMV copy :angel: There are a few minor paint chips around one of the corners but nothing too major or noticeable. Thank God this steel had some decent spot gloss as I'm not too fond of the background finish really. Like someone said, a bit bare-metal like :cautious: Anyhow, overal I like :D

20171119_122729_wm[1].jpg

20171119_122825_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123015_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123112_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123234_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123509_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123609_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123729_wm[1].jpg
20171119_123910_wm.jpg
20171119_124012_wm[1].jpg

Received my second copy from Zoom which thankfully arrived in better shape than my original HMV copy :angel: There are a few minor paint chips around one of the corners but nothing too major or noticeable. Thank God this steel had some decent spot gloss as I'm not too fond of the background finish really. Like someone said, a bit bare-metal like :cautious: Anyhow, overal I like :D

View attachment 345418

Yea that was probably me :LOL:, totally agree, that spot gloss saves this steel from bottoms of desperation (If that makes any sense, i just made it up :D). Why they just didn´t cover that bare metal look by nice smooth matte finish like we can see on latest Iron Giant or Cobra for example :rolleyes:...but like you, overal I like :giggle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89