Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #16) [China]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 2015
Notes:
Worldwide exclusive artwork
Lenti (1300) + 1/4 (700) slips
Matte finish
Will be embossed on both front and back.
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.

7go0.jpg

om6u.jpg

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I've ever hated a lenti cover, too many characters spoil the broth, it should have been much more simpler.

yes this is one issue I have for the lenti ''too many cooks in the Kitchen'' ... it should have been more just Ca same as Thor 2 it looks like it's gonna be the whole gang on the poster when it should have been only Jane against Thor like Japan did for the cover of the MovieNex... so simple yet classy... this is what is missing I find...

is the front spot gloss ? I was under the impression it was that new type of matt/glossy finish but there was no spot gloss for that specific release of CA ???

Great job @schrute farms but I personally prefer the front to be spot gloss :)

Thanks! I was going to try spot-glossing it, but decided against it. It would have been tricky with the title in the center of Cap. I didn't want to risk it.

is the front spot gloss ? I was under the impression it was that new type of matt/glossy finish but there was no spot gloss for that specific release of CA ???

It was a very "thick" and smooth matte finish, if that makes sense. The best matte finish I've seen, in fact.

Thanks! I was going to try spot-glossing it, but decided against it. It would have been tricky with the title in the center of Cap. I didn't want to risk it.

It was a very "thick" and smooth matte finish, if that makes sense. The best matte finish I've seen, in fact.

Oh well I might be in the small % but I do love a really nicely executed matte Finish... some are better Gloss, some spot Gloss but some are actually nicer with plain Mate especially if it is well done as you say... I'll keep it this way then... last year there was the WWA steel for Frozen and it was matte and it could not have been nicer...so if this one also is well done it is a keeper as I love nicely done matte steels ^^

Reactions: Dragonine
Oh well I might be in the small % but I do love a really nicely executed matte Finish... some are better Gloss, some spot Gloss but some are actually nicer with plain Mate especially if it is well done as you say... I'll keep it this way then... last year there was the WWA steel for Frozen and it was matte and it could not have been nicer...so if this one also is well done it is a keeper as I love nicely done matte steels ^^
@Actarus, let's hear a few of your fav Mattes and fav Glosses. (I'm curious!:))

@Actarus, let's hear a few of your fav Mattes and fav Glosses. (I'm curious!:))

hehe oki

well at the TOP of my List

Kick Ass Amazon/Future Shop this steel is simply freaking amazing I am just blown away by the quality of it... it is a masterpiece.

The 2nd would be the FutureShop Wave of The Bourne series (All 4 steels in Black and White in hands it really feels like a really classy quality release)

After that it would be the WWA of Frozen such an amazing little piece of heaven...

want more ? :drool:

favorite Gloss... hmmmm Oz The Great And Powerful Blufans, Spot Gloss oufff KFP 1 & 2 so freakin sublime !!!!!!!!!!! ..... Blufans WEA Steel such a lovely Gloss Steel....spot Gloss I'd have also say the WWA steel of GOTg even if not finding this popular it sold a sh%$ load lol and in hands it is really nice...
I don't know what finish it is under, I think it is Matte but the Zavvi release of The Conjuring and the Glossy of Maleficent ! FutureShop VivaMetal Finding Nemo and Viva Metal Cinderella The Gloss Finish on those 2 are 10//10

one of the most better executed WWA for last year is CA2:TWS, the embossed/debossed treat, with the superbly done gloss finis is just amazing. with the Taiwan release, they made a 1/4 slip that just MELTS into the steel... really for Gloss last year TOP 3 would be CA2:TWS ....along with Frozen WEA Blufans

Last edited:

Wow so glad to hear about quality of the matte finish, thanks for your confirmation mate. I guess after getting my copy I will give it to my automotive workshop to do the custom glossing, won't risk doing spot gloss by myself lol :D

Reactions: schrute farms
Is that what I did? It doesn't look streaky to me. Thanks for your input.
Stay away from jealous people bud.[emoji6] You have added oomph in the right spirit and proven that that is how it should have been done at the first place. Of course giving it another coat is gonna make it super glossy and a finger print magnet but what you have done is fine. At least you had the guts to open and use it your way when people don't even open theirs, come over and ridicule those who used the spray can and went the extra mile.

I find it interesting when people comment often quite passionately about the merits or demerits of a particular finish without actually opening the steelbook. It is impossible to get a clear and accurate idea of the finish without opening. I find that cellophane wrapping tends to flatter a matte finish making it seem better than it actually is. The reverse is often true of gloss finish where the cellophane often hides the full glossiness.

Everyone has their own opinions and preferences respectively. I personally prefer a high quality matte finish as it looks more classy and elegant than just glossy but that doesn't mean I hate glossy finish, its all depends on what is more suitable for the steelbook.

OMG it is so much better glossy! The colors are so beautiful! I was scared, but with my nerves of steel I managed good even coverage. I'll add better pics tomorrow. These were taken with my iPhone. I'll give it the DSLR treatment tomorrow like it deserves...

Bring on CA2!
[/SPOILER]

Well done brother, congrats.

I like mine ok how it is, but it's great you tried it. Looks fantastic.

The only thing that is a negative aspect of adding a clear coat, is the Orange Peel effect.

The Iron Man Blufans steel came glossy from the manufacturer, but if you look at it in the right light you can see the Orange peel.

It all boils down to the question of streaky matte finish or wavy gloss finish.

BUT either way, I salute you :)

Well I have to say I must eat some humble pie, truly wasn't liking the amount of characters on either of the Cap. Blufans lenticular covers, but after picking them up on here I am truly stunned to see them in hand, the depth of the illustrations is remarkable. Lenticular all the way for me from now on I feel.

Reactions: harry
received a copy today and wow it looks amazing...ive had to source all my blufans varies places since I missed all the GBs, but im loving all of them so far..now onto trying to find both thors