Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
Now when i got the US release on Thor 2, i really feel the urge to get this one also. 48 bucks is pretty hefty though... On a second thought, its just 50 SEK more than buying the UK one for 25£. I'm so going for it!

Last edited:
well I guess BBY wants to cut down on the scalping of steels. they limited this 1 per order. What a PITA.:mad: Sorry Andy I would have helped.

I know, right. Glad the Marvel discs are. What player do you have?

I just use my PS3, but never tried to play a USA steel book on it. I assume it's region locked! Wouldn't mind, I'd quite like this version for my collection. Hate that the UK doesn't have a title, but I have a couple of pre-order with Zavvi anyway. Just in case I can't source an American copy.

I just use my PS3, but never tried to play a USA steel book on it. I assume it's region locked! Wouldn't mind, I'd quite like this version for my collection. Hate that the UK doesn't have a title, but I have a couple of pre-order with Zavvi anyway. Just in case I can't source an American copy.

Don't think you have to worry, Disney mostly always release their movies region-free as far as i know :)

This looks amazing, I'm glad they have an alternative cover to the regular 3D version because that one is just awful. This one is perfect, I love the poster they chose for the cover art, the back looks great and the inside has the Winter Soldier himself. I would've preferred to have an alternative cover with him on it, but this will do. Can't wait to get this, it's definitely been (and probably will be) my favourite movie of the year. :thumbs:

It will most likely end up between $24.99-$26.99. I doubt it will be more expensive than $26.99 because that is the pre-order price for the exact same steelbook release in Canada.

I've been looking at the international versions for this, and it seems like this one is the only one where he's wearing the helmet, is that right? I definitely prefer it with him wearing it, so if I want that then this is the only way to go?

I'm having serious impulse control issues right now, it comes out locally tomorrow (non-helmet, non-3D SB) and I want it. But I don't want to buy two copies since I'll also be getting the US version for sure since I need 3D, and I don't feel like I've reached the level of buying multiple steelbook versions of the same movie . Or maybe I have, haha. Will have to see how it goes and if I'm able to resist. :bag: