Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by one store this morning and they had about 15 out with more being set out. Stopped by two stores on the way home from work, and they were picked clean. Multiple people at each store asking for them though. Hope all the Ninjas who wanted one were able to get one :thumbs:

Now it's time to watch that awesome car chase.

Reactions: Bagman99
The main reason I bought this, especially since I already had the amazon.de version, is that it's the first Captain America steelbook available in "America." Not to mention, the first Marvel movie I've had the chance to buy from the US since I missed out on Thor: The Dark World. I got my steelbook for the first Cap movie from the Czech Republic. I really like to support steels in the US, so I was there ready to make sure I secured an extra (special) copy of my favorite film of the year.

Nothing new same artwork yet from a different distributor im not so fussed on the price but quality and the design is what attracts me I would happily pay with reasonable limits if something is worthy for that price my opinion stick with the Taiwan or chinese edition its as good as it gets...

I traveled to USA border to get mine and help some friends arrived opening hour and all sold out on pick up order(s) over the 3 stores and the one 3 cities from there, a very frustrated travel indeed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410359214684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410359214684.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I think a lot of you are being too hard on this steelbook. I have both this and the first Captain America as steelbook editions. The first one is one of the fancy glossy imports with title embossing. I think between the two the first one is superior, but then, it was a lot more expensive. This is going to cost $25 tops for anyone who wants it who can find it in store before selling out. It's not as cheap of a matte print as some of the other Best Buy exclusives, either. Sure, it isn't as 'high end' as some titles, but considering that it's still decent print quality and contains both the 3D and 2D Blu-ray -- and goes for what a typical 3D combo pack often costs without any special packaging, and it has the debossed title, I think it's pretty darn cool, IMO.

I will also add that it does have the proper title on the spine, which is a plus, whereas even the import editions (with slightly nicer glossy printing), don't have the title on the spine OR on the front art. So that's a win for the U.S. steel as well, IMO.

I will also add that it does have the proper title on the spine, which is a plus, whereas even the import editions (with slightly nicer glossy printing), don't have the title on the spine OR on the front art. So that's a win for the U.S. steel as well, IMO.
Yeah the presence of titles, the debossing (especially), and lack of hilariously awful embossing errors made this release my choice. While the finish quality is pretty poor, it stops short of The Hobbit EE, which not only had a crappy finish, but no other features, and nothing but the 3D version of the movie.

You'd think a simple, classy deboss would have become the common standard over the silly look of and effort spent debossing/rebossing everything so that the title is raised instead. :sleep:

AArghh!! Mine arrived today with a ding on the back. I HATE THE WAY THEY PACKAGE STEELBOOKS!!! Whatever... at least it's not warped or damaged on the front.... I'll just hide it behind the J-card... But still.... :mad::mad::mad:

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches