Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
I had preordered this online and on the day of release I called to have the store save a copy for me after hearing how people were getting them in the mail. Sure enough I got mine in the white plastic bag with no bubble wrap or anything with a dent on the front cover. So I went to the store after work on release day to pick up my reserved copy and they still had some on the shelves. After searching through the 4 that were left I found one that was near mint with a perfectly aligned spine. But after opening it it seemed that the spine hinge was either just uneven or over-bent on one side, if that makes sense? Also, has anyone noticed with these US Marvel releases (Thor 2 and this) that the steelbook almost seems a bit flimsy? I feel like the inner plastic case can just easily slip out of the metal, like it wasn't clamped down around the plastic enough.

Received my copy from the group buy (Thank you apsmith for getting it here so quickly!).
Whilst I am not really an OCD collector, I was really disappointed with what I found under the wrapping:
Vvv6hLf.jpg

See more in the spoiler:
iG4UhwD.jpg

SpJsRVR.jpg

mATJcxe.jpg

TF1y8xX.jpg

nQZo8wk.jpg

Oh well :( It's a good job i'm not in this collecting business for the money! Haha...

Damn that doesn't look good, not good at all :(. Can't imagine that any member who joined the GB expected this kind of damage when it was noted that some copies have 'tiny tiny damages'. Really hope mine will show up in a better shape than this one above :ohno:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axeqlusive
Damn that doesn't look good, not good at all :(. Can't imagine that any member who joined the GB expected this kind of damage when it was noted that some copies have 'tiny tiny damages'. Really hope mine will show up in a better shape than this one above :ohno:.

The problem is that this would not have been visible as that area of the steelbook would have been covered underneath the j-card. Hopefully this is a one-off instance as I will soon have mine from the GB.

I found all sorts of damage under the J Card from the GB for Thor....:grumpy:

Quality control from BB is shocking IMO. Hence I won't take the risk with them anymore...:stop:
Sorry about the damage. That's just terrible....:wtf:

Last edited:
Just want to say I'm not holding anyone but the manufacturer responsible! I'm still grateful and thank the Ninjas who go above and beyond to help out members. It's unfortunate, but it's not going to stop me enjoying the movie.

Mine arrived in pretty much mint condition, though the spine did have some vertical scratches on it (only small ones). Used some tape to mask off the area on the spine and a black sharpie and its not noticeable anymore

Reactions: apsmith21
Anyone that is still searching for this release, looks like we'll have some extras due to OVERWHELMING HELP of members here, so head over to the GB thread and we'll put you on the reserve list.

Thanks a bunch!

(hard to spot it when it's under the j-card and I send those on to you sealed. all imperfections that I could see were noted in the GB thread, so folks like you were aware ahead of time.) ;)

And I agree, it does appear the quality control on this one was not so good. :(

Think i'll just stick with my minty UK one on this based on all of the reports of scratching on this release.....although, it would be cool to have both side-by-side due to the (slightly) different artwork.

Mine is making the journey across the pond as we speak :) can't thank @apsmith21 enough for all the hard work this and many other gb's :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs:

It's a shame so many have imperfections. Mine will probably be left sealed though as I've already opened and watched the Zavvi steel.

Reactions: harry and apsmith21
eek that sucks. BB quality control is horrendous. I hope that was not one of my copies you got, though there would have been no way to see that under the j-card

As far as I know BBY doesn't do the wrapping job. If you got a bend/ding in the steel that's store control. I've took my copies directly from a sealed box at the store and when I've opened one copy I've noticed some hairlines scratches in the back top and botoom of the case "protected" by the jcard.

Mine sealed look flawless, really hope under the J-Card this is not the case, it's awful to received a damaged steel. Keeping them sealed so I guess I'll never know...Actually I think I will open one too curious and not opening my taiwan beauty

And what do we learn from this: Never ever unseal your steelbooks. These are only meant for collecting and not for opening and watching the movie...:LOL:

well mines turned up this morning knock on the door from post office lady and guess what i opened mine because believe it or not, i watch mine:D
i don't believe in buying various copies as i may as well collect £20 notes if that was the case.
anyway mines turned up all good condition and no scratches under the j-card :woot:
guess what i'm watching this afternooon :D

big thanks to andy for gb:thumbs:

basil :thumbs: