UK
Release date: 22nd December 2014
Purchase link: Drag Me To Hell
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

10945418-1413201476-495581.jpg

10945418-1413201476-495736.jpg

Last edited:
7 seconds difference between the theatrical and directors cuts? That has to be a record.

It's actually pretty substantial: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=5392849

The only things I don't like about the unrated version is the
stabbing of the kitten (the blood flying is too over-the-top and it's funnier without that scene) and the nosebleed scene (again, funnier in the PG-13 cut without her spitting blood).
But the rest of the unrated version is better than the PG-13 version.

Get the preorder in before it potentially sells out? If release day (currently unknown) rolls around and still no artwork, then fair enough I'll agree with you. But it doesn't hurt or cost to put a preorder in on a limited item.

what you are actually doing is supporting zavvi's indifference to steelbooks, its collectors and the community. the result of which will be collectors indifference to steelbooks- evident in the fact they will pre-order an item without even seeing the art. zavvi are dragging steelbooks to hell.

what you are actually doing is supporting zavvi's indifference to steelbooks, its collectors and the community. the result of which will be collectors indifference to steelbooks- evident in the fact they will pre-order an item without even seeing the art. zavvi are dragging steelbooks to hell.

What you are actually doing is making a big deal out of nothing. If you don't like Zavvi, that is fine, feel free not to order from them ever again but don't suggest that others are doing something wrong by placing an order. It looks like this going live may have been an error anyway since it is no longer available for pre-order, so what you're saying is irrelevant.

What you are actually doing is making a big deal out of nothing. If you don't like Zavvi, that is fine, feel free not to order from them ever again but don't suggest that others are doing something wrong by placing an order. It looks like this going live may have been an error anyway since it is no longer available for pre-order, so what you're saying is irrelevant.

thanks for giving a nice example of the indifference now present in the steelbook community. thanks largely, if not whole handedly to zavvi..

and, actually its not making a big deal, its standing for something, you know, seeing something that could be improved and being vocal about it. you know, the opposite of indifference. items being available for pre order with no artwork is unacceptable.

What you are actually doing is making a big deal out of nothing. It looks like this going live may have been an error anyway since it is no longer available for pre-order, so what you're saying is irrelevant.

How was anyone supposed to know that it was 'listed in error without artwork' and that it would be taken back down? So what he said was relevant at the time-there was no artwork and it was available to buy. But this is Zavvi we're talking about after all so nothing would surprise me!

Now back on topic......:p

Reactions: levi
thanks for giving a nice example of the indifference now present in the steelbook community. thanks largely, if not whole handedly to zavvi..

and, actually its not making a big deal, its standing for something, you know, seeing something that could be improved and being vocal about it. you know, the opposite of indifference. items being available for pre order with no artwork is unacceptable.

It is making a big deal. If you want to stand for something, why not choose something that actually matters? It is a rather trivial matter even within our little Steelbook community. As for the indifference, it is actually just a bit of common sense.

Reactions: justhedudeman
It is making a big deal. If you want to stand for something, why not choose something that actually matters? It is a rather trivial matter even within our little Steelbook community. As for the indifference, it is actually just a bit of common sense.

This is a steelbook community, so it does matter within this community. It matters enough that I'm not going to order if I haven't even seen the art yet. It's just Zavvi getting even lazier. You'd think they'd step up their game after the Asian retailers showed detailed in-hand pics before pre-orders went up, but no, they're going the opposite direction.

Is it the first time Zavvi have started a pre-order without showing the artwork?

If yes and they have now pulled the pre-order, surely it must've been a mistake?

This is a steelbook community, so it does matter within this community. It matters enough that I'm not going to order if I haven't even seen the art yet. It's just Zavvi getting even lazier. You'd think they'd step up their game after the Asian retailers showed detailed in-hand pics before pre-orders went up, but no, they're going the opposite direction.

I know which is why I said that it's a trivial matter even within this community. I don't blame you for not ordering, I probably wouldn't order a title without seeing artwork but if others want to do that, it is entirely their choice. If Zavvi did not reveal the artwork at all, then I admit that it would not be ideal. If this situation is an example of Zavvi getting even lazier, I don't know what you would call an Asian retailer taking weeks/months to drip feed information on their exclusives which is arguably more annoying. Then again it may just be that retailers provide information as and when they can because it is in their interest to do so and any suggestion to the contrary is just nonsense.
Is it the first time Zavvi have started a pre-order without showing the artwork?

If yes and they have now pulled the pre-order, surely it must've been a mistake?

Nope. Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were sold out before the final artwork was revealed for example.

I know which is why I said that it's a trivial matter even within this community. I don't blame you for not ordering, I probably wouldn't order a title without seeing artwork but if others want to do that, it is entirely their choice. If Zavvi did not reveal the artwork at all, then I admit that it would not be ideal. If this situation is an example of Zavvi getting even lazier, I don't know what you would call an Asian retailer taking weeks/months to drip feed information on their exclusives which is arguably more annoying. Then again it may just be that retailers provide information as and when they can because it is in their interest to do so and any suggestion to the contrary is just nonsense.

What are you talking about? Asian retailers actually give us information. Look at Plain Archive and KimchiDVD. In-hand pictures and videos, details on the finish, print run, packaging, slips, artwork, and communication with the customers from the announcement on. We know exactly what we're getting long in advance. How on earth is that more annoying than not getting information at all? More annoying than not even getting artwork? I know you think Asian retailers are overrated and had an "I <3 Zavvi" avatar for a while, but to dismiss my opinion as nonsense is uncalled for.

Don't you think it's strange that just recently someone bumped this thread and then not long after, more news arises for this?

o_O

Poorly worded, but hmm...

Don't you think it's strange that just recently someone bumped this thread and then not long after, more news arises for this?

o_O

Poorly worded, but hmm...
I've personally bumped this thread like 3 times, no news ever arose because of it. I imagine it's coincidental that whoever bumped this happened to do so just as a Halloween themed group of steels got announced.

What are you talking about? Asian retailers actually give us information. Look at Plain Archive and KimchiDVD. In-hand pictures and videos, details on the finish, print run, packaging, slips, artwork, and communication with the customers from the announcement on. We know exactly what we're getting long in advance. How on earth is that more annoying than not getting information at all? More annoying than not even getting artwork? I know you think Asian retailers are overrated and had an "I <3 Zavvi" avatar for a while, but to dismiss my opinion as nonsense is uncalled for.

The suggestion that it is laziness is nonsense in my opinion. The point I was making is that retailers reveal information as and when they are able to.

yes exactly, the thread was bumped, 'new info' was shared about the film being released in time for halloween, and then shortly afterwards it was up for pre-order. with no art. hardly a co-incidence or a mistake. its not the first time its happened either.

haha the idea that this situation would occur with plain archive, kimchi, or even hmv is laughable. it simply wouldnt happen. it doesnt happen. nobody has the audacity to offer items for pre-order knowing full well the customer can't even see what they are purchasing. i repeat, it only demonstrates the total indifference zavvi has to its products and the people it is trying to sell to. it says a lot about how they see us collectors, they have confidence we will blind buy- to put an item up for pre order with no art.

its not a trivial matter, at all. because its this indifference that forces us to gamble on products because they dont give detailed descriptions on the final product, the front art, back art, inside, the finish. instead they are deliberately ambiguous (usually when the art sucks). their indifference extends even to the way they send the steels, with a sarcastic little wafer thin piece of tissue, a token gesture just so they can say they posted it with 'protection.'

of course, you can continue to say these are trivial matters, off topic and banish (hide) these constructive criticisms away with the thousands of other similar voices of complaint, but the fact will still remain, and we will only continue to be treated with.... indifference. unless of course, we make these complaints heard.

Reactions: lolwut
haha the idea that this situation would occur with plain archive, kimchi, or even hmv is laughable. it simply wouldnt happen. it doesnt happen. nobody has the audacity to offer items for pre-order knowing full well the customer can't even see what they are purchasing. i repeat, it only demonstrates the total indifference zavvi has to its products and the people it is trying to sell to. it says a lot about how they see us collectors, they have confidence we will blind buy- to put an item up for pre order with no art.

It probably just says more about how many steelbooks Zavvi have to account for compared to the other retailers you mention.

Reactions: snooloui
yes exactly, the thread was bumped, 'new info' was shared about the film being released in time for halloween, and then shortly afterwards it was up for pre-order. with no art. hardly a co-incidence or a mistake. its not the first time its happened either.

its not a trivial matter, at all. because its this indifference that forces us to gamble on products because they dont give detailed descriptions on the final product, the front art, back art, inside, the finish. instead they are deliberately ambiguous (usually when the art sucks). their indifference extends even to the way they send the steels, with a sarcastic little wafer thin piece of tissue, a token gesture just so they can say they posted it with 'protection.'

of course, you can continue to say these are trivial matters, off topic and banish (hide) these constructive criticisms away with the thousands of other similar voices of complaint, but the fact will still remain, and we will only continue to be treated with.... indifference. unless of course, we make these complaints heard.

I don't think anyone has suggested it would occur with another retailer. It's funny you should mention HMV though, the company that didn't advertise its exclusive for Edge of Tomorrow until a couple of weeks before the release date. It doesn't matter anyway since this is no longer available to pre-order, a small detail you seem to be ignoring. As for detailed descriptions, it most likely is a case of Zavvi simply not having that information. Why would they not reveal that titles like The English Patient, Gone Baby Gone, Hero, Manhunter and Moon (as recent examples) would have glossy finishes? The obvious answer is because they didn't know.