UK
Release date: 22nd December 2014
Purchase link: Drag Me To Hell
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

10945418-1413201476-495581.jpg

10945418-1413201476-495736.jpg

Last edited:
The suggestion that it is laziness is nonsense in my opinion. The point I was making is that retailers reveal information as and when they are able to.

Nonsense is saying it's more annoying to know exactly what we're getting (Plain Archive, Kimchidvd, Blufans) than not even knowing what it looks like (Zavvi). So Zavvi is unable to reveal basic information about their releases (because they're too busy, lazy, indifferent, or don't even know themselves), but somehow they find the time/resources/ability to accept people's money. And if this sells out without artwork, why bother in the future?

Reactions: earthscope and levi
Nonsense is saying it's more annoying to know exactly what we're getting (Plain Archive, Kimchidvd, Blufans) than not even knowing what it looks like (Zavvi). So Zavvi is unable to reveal basic information about their releases (because they're too busy, lazy, indifferent, or don't even know themselves), but somehow they find the time/resources/ability to accept people's money. And if this sells out without artwork, why bother in the future?

I think what I actually said that it is more annoying having to wait months (sometimes close to a year) for details on a Steelbook release than it is for a retailer to make a Steelbook available for pre-order without artwork (as long as they do reveal it before release of course). In any case, this isn't available to pre-order right now, so it is a pointless debate.

Reactions: justhedudeman
As for detailed descriptions, it most likely is a case of Zavvi simply not having that information.

given that its zavvi's business to sell these media, you would think they would make it their business to have that information.

they proudly proclaim these products as being exclusive to zavvi, they proudly put their name to these products, but when it comes to obtaining (or sharing) the finer details, all of a sudden its a massive problem...

Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were sold out before the final artwork was revealed for example.

That's a different kettle of fish though. Both of those had artwork in place at the time of going live. Just that they were changed as they hadn't been confirmed. Which is what I'm expecting of Maleficent also.

Reactions: lolwut and spass
given that its zavvi's business to sell these media, you would think they would make it their business to have that information.

they proudly proclaim these products as being exclusive to zavvi, they proudly put their name to these products, but when it comes to obtaining (or sharing) the finer details, all of a sudden its a massive problem...

I agree. Ideally Zavvi would reveal this information for every exclusive but for whatever reason that is not the case. I personally believe that it is a bit more complex than laziness on the part of Zavvi employees which is the point I have been trying to make. I think we have to remember that Steelbooks are just a small part of Zavvi's business and therefore they place less importance on our little corner of the home media market.

That's a different kettle of fish though. Both of those had artwork in place at the time of going live. Just that they were changed as they hadn't been confirmed. Which is what I'm expecting of Maleficent also.

I don't think it is really, placeholder artwork or no artwork at all are equally useless to the customer. Many would argue that it's worse for them to display artwork and then change it at a later date. I think there will be quite a few annoyed people if Maleficent turns out to be the same as the Spanish edition as some are expecting.