Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #1) [Korea]

Drive Nova owners: Which slip do you like the best?

• Full

Votes: 134 59.6%
  • Lenticular

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • 1/4

Votes: 38 16.9%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date: End of November, 2014
Pre-order date & time: 4th November, 23:00 Korea time (UTC+9)

To check the time in your location, please use this converter
Price:
$35.99, one click option as $105.97
Purchase Links :
One Click (all 3 steelbooks/slips) Sold out
Full Slip Sold out
Lenticular Cover Slip Sold out
1/4 Slip Sold out
Notes:
1st Novamedia collection. KD Media & Plain Archive makes it. It will be Full Glossy.
Group Buy: Masterblaster, apsmith21 (USA ONLY)

Package type
- Lenticular 600 coopies for overseas customers
- Full slip 600 copies for overseas customers
- 1/4 slip 100 copies for overseas and domestic customers on novamnm.com/co.kr
- One click option (including all 3 versions and same number from 1 to 300) 300 copies (Order limit: 2 copies per order)

1902808_515691975241956_8362870764621964679_n.png

Full Slip

1457576_513189375451506_8144607844113947283_n-jpg.111689

Lenticular Slip Cover

1010154_513189505451493_8929690159241784175_n-1-jpg.111688

1/4 Slip

10006339_513189588784818_3993720241910120150_n-jpg.111690

From Novamedia facebook :
Finally, we announce Novamedia exclusive No.1 title <Drive> steelbook(CA is Nova Choice No.1 title). Plain Archive designed this artwork. I appreciate their awesome works!

The steelbook is Full Gloss / The scorpion artwork of back side is debossed.

We will inform to you detail information, soon. Be patient.

And I inform to you bad news. Our web site faced little problem. So, we're fixing that. Please, be patient. I'm so sorry inform that.

Thanks in advance.

1780251_510177752419335_457982644100384320_o.jpg
1956916_510177749086002_2903513900676956333_o.jpg
10608389_510177665752677_2528087178144174105_o.jpg
10682205_510177682419342_8747110599052904570_o.jpg
10683505_510177775752666_6033909421984975042_o.jpg
10704337_510177685752675_6497119785666031132_o.jpg
10712624_510177822419328_1533976944852881956_o-2.jpg
10712624_510177822419328_1533976944852881956_o.jpg

drive.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those situations where no remedy will make things right for everybody.

This was known to be an exclusive, limited edition release right from the beginning. The (low) numbers of copies available for purchase were announced six days before the pre-order date.

By then it looked very probable that not everybody would be getting what they wanted. I didn't see any discussion about increased print runs then, only about the necessity for ordering limits (which Novamedia put in place).

How is this release any different from any other limited edition item? I hear that sometimes, e.g., Mondo posters sell out in seconds. But I suspect that not many who missed out on them are requesting increased print runs. Or if they are, the likelihood of an increased print run is the same as here, effectively zero.

You just can't increase a limited edition print run after the numbers have been announced, even if it were practical to do so. That would result in great loss of credibility; I don't see Novamedia wanting to move (further?) in that direction.

I've lost out on a few limited, high-demand pre-orders myself, but I've never wished that the seller would announce an increase to the print run. A limited edition is just that, "limited".

If I've absolutely wanted the item I missed out on, I've gone to eBay or HDN trading section or contacted potential sellers directly. These steelbooks didn't vanish off the face of the earth, a lot of them will be available in the aftermarket. Obviously the price may be different and that stings, I know. Been there, paid the price.

Pretty much everybody is bound to sometimes loose out on a limited, high-demand pre-order. If the servers would've worked as expected in this case, we would've just known the situation much quicker, but many would still not have been able to puchase the items before they were sold out, just the same. Quick servers or abysmally slow servers, this limited edition was bound to sell out as fast as technically possible.

My sympathies to everybody who fought valiantly for hours to place an order, but the system didn't let them to do that.

My congratulations to those who got their order in, you lucky dogs!

It was an ordeal for everybody, there's no denying that.

Looking forward to see those first "shipped" posts and eventually, the first awesome photos of the delivered steels :)

This is one of those situations where no remedy will make things right for everybody.

This was known to be an exclusive, limited edition release right from the beginning. The (low) numbers of copies available for purchase were announced six days before the pre-order date.

By then it looked very probable that not everybody would be getting what they wanted. I didn't see any discussion about increased print runs then, only about the necessity for ordering limits (which Novamedia put in place).

How is this release any different from any other limited edition item? I hear that sometimes, e.g., Mondo posters sell out in seconds. But I suspect that not many who missed out on them are requesting increased print runs. Or if they are, the likelihood of an increased print run is the same as here, effectively zero.

You just can't increase a limited edition print run after the numbers have been announced, even if it were practical to do so. That would result in great loss of credibility; I don't see Novamedia wanting to move (further?) in that direction.

I've lost out on a few limited, high-demand pre-orders myself, but I've never wished that the seller would announce an increase to the print run. A limited edition is just that, "limited".

If I've absolutely wanted the item I missed out on, I've gone to eBay or HDN trading section or contacted potential sellers directly. These steelbooks didn't vanish off the face of the earth, a lot of them will be available in the aftermarket. Obviously the price may be different and that stings, I know. Been there, paid the price.

Pretty much everybody is bound to sometimes loose out on a limited, high-demand pre-order. If the servers would've worked as expected in this case, we would've just known the situation much quicker, but many would still not have been able to puchase the items before they were sold out, just the same. Quick servers or abysmally slow servers, this limited edition was bound to sell out as fast as technically possible.

My sympathies to everybody who fought valiantly for hours to place an order, but the system didn't let them to do that.

Looking forward to see those first "shipped" posts and eventually, the first awesome photos of the delivered steels :)

I'm sorry, but this is no place for a rational post. You should be ranting and raving and threatening to boycott Nova (at least until the next release)

:D

Maybe the retailers can adopt a practice from the financial markets. Announce a print run of xxx quantity plus a 'greenshoe' option of another yyy quantity. Should the actual demand exceed the orginal xxx quantity, the retailer can choose to increase the print run by up to another yyy amount (i.e. the greenshoe quantity). That would allow the retailer to sell more while minimizing his risk. At the same time, it would satisfy collectors and deter the sclapers and hoarders.

Last edited:
Maybe the retailers can adopt a practice from the financial markets. Announce a print run of xxx quantity plus a 'greenshoe' option of another yyy quantity. Should the actual demand exceed the orginal xxx quantity, the retailer can choose to increase the print run by up to another yyy amount (i.e. the greenshoe quantity). That would allow the retailer to sell more while minimizing his risk. At the same time, it would satisfy collectors and deter the sclapers and hoarders.
I'm curious as to what their contracts with the studios look like. Maybe for each release they are only licensed to produce up to a certain amount and they pick a quantity of what they are able to service in a reasonable time within that limit. After their website problems I noticed that a lot of people were demanding another print run but it's entirely possible that they just aren't licensed to create any more than they already have.

Supply and Demand.

The only problem is with that analogy you are actually increasing shareholder value by using the cash raised to put back into the business. Increasing a print run of a collectable only devalues it and in no way helps the collector market. The only thing it can do is hurt the market and deter folks to stop collecting altogether.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:
Supply and Demand.

The only problem is with that analogy you are actually increasing shareholder value by using the cash raised to put back into the business. Increasing a print run of a collectable only devalues it and in now way helps the eBay market. The only thing it can do is hurt the market and deter folks to stop collecting altogether.

capitalism.jpg

I'm curious as to what their contracts with the studios look like. Maybe for each release they are only licensed to produce up to a certain amount and they pick a quantity of what they are able to service in a reasonable time within that limit. After their website problems I noticed that a lot of people were demanding another print run but it's entirely possible that they just aren't licensed to create any more than they already have.
I am referring to future issues. The print run for Drive cannot be changed already.

Last edited:
Supply and Demand.

The only problem is with that analogy you are actually increasing shareholder value by using the cash raised to put back into the business. Increasing a print run of a collectable only devalues it and in no way helps the collector market. The only thing it can do is hurt the market and deter folks to stop collecting altogether.

Well, it will deter the sclapers. It will not deter true collectors who are after the movie and packaging they love. It also will not deter entirely those who think the item will appreciate in value in time.

The important thing to note is that there is still a print run cap, and the cap is xxx + yyy quantity. And this is fixed and announced before order starts. Eg. a print run of 3,000 plus a greenshoe option of 1,000 - i.e. maximum print run of 4,000. If this was for Drive, it would deter nobody. Of course, if a retailer were to announce a greenshoe option of 10,000 then that would devalue the issue. You can be sure no retailer will do that as it would only hurt himself.

You watch and see how that all works out for you. A lot of steels wouldn't get the green light if you took the rareness out of it and decided to add in more later especially for these small retailers. They dont want to upset their own market and be left holding the bag. They are in it to make money and they are not a charity.

You should also be careful what you say about who a true collector is.

Reactions: jimmyv
A very good example of the difference between a collector market and a non collector market is right in front of all of us to see. Steelbook is a collector market. Amaray in most cases is not. If everyone knew that what they were buying would plummet in value less than a year later the steelbook market would be very different.

I remember a couple years ago a lot of the big collectors decided to get out of the steelbook market because they said it would follow the dvd steelbook market. Wake me up when we get a G3 steelbook and or a smaller disc size. I see a lot of the same collectors comming back who said they were selling out.