Drive (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #1) [Korea]

Drive Nova owners: Which slip do you like the best?

• Full

Votes: 134 59.6%
  • Lenticular

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • 1/4

Votes: 38 16.9%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date: End of November, 2014
Pre-order date & time: 4th November, 23:00 Korea time (UTC+9)

To check the time in your location, please use this converter
Price:
$35.99, one click option as $105.97
Purchase Links :
One Click (all 3 steelbooks/slips) Sold out
Full Slip Sold out
Lenticular Cover Slip Sold out
1/4 Slip Sold out
Notes:
1st Novamedia collection. KD Media & Plain Archive makes it. It will be Full Glossy.
Group Buy: Masterblaster, apsmith21 (USA ONLY)

Package type
- Lenticular 600 coopies for overseas customers
- Full slip 600 copies for overseas customers
- 1/4 slip 100 copies for overseas and domestic customers on novamnm.com/co.kr
- One click option (including all 3 versions and same number from 1 to 300) 300 copies (Order limit: 2 copies per order)

1902808_515691975241956_8362870764621964679_n.png

Full Slip

1457576_513189375451506_8144607844113947283_n-jpg.111689

Lenticular Slip Cover

1010154_513189505451493_8929690159241784175_n-1-jpg.111688

1/4 Slip

10006339_513189588784818_3993720241910120150_n-jpg.111690

From Novamedia facebook :
Finally, we announce Novamedia exclusive No.1 title <Drive> steelbook(CA is Nova Choice No.1 title). Plain Archive designed this artwork. I appreciate their awesome works!

The steelbook is Full Gloss / The scorpion artwork of back side is debossed.

We will inform to you detail information, soon. Be patient.

And I inform to you bad news. Our web site faced little problem. So, we're fixing that. Please, be patient. I'm so sorry inform that.

Thanks in advance.

1780251_510177752419335_457982644100384320_o.jpg
1956916_510177749086002_2903513900676956333_o.jpg
10608389_510177665752677_2528087178144174105_o.jpg
10682205_510177682419342_8747110599052904570_o.jpg
10683505_510177775752666_6033909421984975042_o.jpg
10704337_510177685752675_6497119785666031132_o.jpg
10712624_510177822419328_1533976944852881956_o-2.jpg
10712624_510177822419328_1533976944852881956_o.jpg

drive.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You watch and see how that all works out for you. A lot of steels wouldn't get the green light if you took the rareness out of it and decided to add in more later especially for these small retailers. They dont want to upset their own market and be left holding the bag. They are in it to make money and they are not a charity.

You should also be careful what you say about who a true collector is.

Ok, forget my use of the term 'true collector'. Let's just say there are collectors who go for the packaging they love and there are collectors who go for the value of the collectible. Of course it can be for both.

With due respect, I think the point overlooked is that there is still a print run limit set. Yes, retailers are in to make money and they are afraid to be left with unsold stock. So they will err on the side of setting the print run low. But if the print run is set too low versus a very high demand, it will attract many non-collectors to jump in at the opportunity to make quick money. Then lots of collectors will end up disappointed.

The greenshoe is basically just an optional add-on quantity of some 10% to 25% which is already first made known, in case the retailer grossly underestimated the demand. Its advantage is that the supply can be better managed to meet the actual demand at launch. And this accrues to both retailers and collectors.

Finally, it's just an option retailers can use. No one can force it on them, lol. The retailer will still choose what is best for himself. Even with greenshoe option, retailers will still settle at quantity limits that ensure their issues remain sought-after collectibles.

Last edited:
With due respect, I think the point overlooked is that there is still a print run limit set. Yes, retailers are in to make money and they are afraid to be left with unsold stock. So they will err on the side of setting the print run low. But if the print run is set too low versus a very high demand, it will attract many non-collectors to jump in at the opportunity to make quick money. Then lots of collectors will end up disappointed.

Ok, forget my use of the term 'true collector'. Let's just say there are collectors who go for the packaging they love and there are collectors who go for the value of the collectible. Of course it can be for both.

The greenshoe is basically just an optional add-on quantity of some 10% to 25% which is already first made known, in case the retailer grossly underestimated the demand. Its advantage is that the supply can be better managed to meet the actual demand at launch. And this accrues to both retailers and collectors.

Finally, it's just an option retailers can use. No one can force it on them, lol. The retailer will still choose what is best for himself. Even with greenshoe option, retailers will still settle at quantity limits that ensure their issues remain sought-after collectibles.

I see what you are trying to get at, but what would happen if the retailer did go for the extra stock option is that many collectors who have bought multiples would end up cancelling their extras and this would really harm the retailer. Subsequently the retailer would be less inclined to do another exclusive and the collectors lose out.

Don't forget, to collect an extra copy in order to trade it further down the line is fairly common practice. This is not scalping. And the practice of buying multiple copies to sell for big profit as soon as the original run sells out can be frustrating to see, but is only due to supply and demand and is a bigger part of this hobby than people probably want to admit.

Ultimately, if you may have 4k collectors who want a 4k run - the 4k run sells out, but not all of the 4k customers manage to get a copy due to 'scalpers'. The retailer ups the quantity because of the cries for more from everyone who missed out, but this turns out to be because more noise was made than was actually required and only a handful of the extra 1k sell through. This in turn leaves the 'limited' title in stock and is not deemed to be so collectible. Collectors then lose interest in the title, the hype disappears and the extra copies / orders get cancelled down. Then the truth of the matter is that only 3k collectors were after the title in the first place and the retailer now has a 2k unit overstock of an undesirable title which is going to take months to sell and will need to be sold off cheap, thus wiping out any profit margin. That is not good.

Limited collectibles are more desirable and this will never change. A retailer would always prefer to sell out rather than be left with overstocks, to ensure they make money and can pay for the stock. To try and mess with this formula can be very dangerous / costly.

At the end of the day, not everyone can have everything. If they could, they wouldn't want everything anyway!

Personally, I say keep it limited. More people are happy that way and the hobby remains stronger.

Last edited:
Greenshoe options are not something for collectables markets. The reason they are collectable to the majority is the exlusivity of the item. Lower the volume the better. @blu-steel is spot on.
Well, of course if the interest is to ensure exclusivity and rarity, then the greenshoe suggestion is shooting the wrong way, I agree. ;)

@Real Steel - What's the difference if retailers start out saying X print run is 4000 or 3000 with the chance of an additional 1000? I think I understand what you're getting at, but I'm not sure it would work the way you would hope. I think in the end, the lesser of the two evils for retailers is to announce the entire print run upfront and for a select group to be upset on missing out; versus releasing extra stock after the product is "sold out" and dealing with the repercussions that come along with that. Just look at Zavvi and how much constant ridicule they receive. I don't think there is another single retailer that has as many collectors ("true" or otherwise) who refuse to order (no matter what) from them like Zavvi. This is just speculation, of course.
---------------------------------------------------
@EVERYONE ELSE
As far as the collecting market goes, it's plain and simple. It takes 3 things for the Steelbook market to flourish: Limitation, Collectors and scalpers. I know, I'm crazy (*waves hands out in front like a crazy person*) for making a positive comment about scalpers, but it's the truth. Collectors and scalpers alike are not just pertinent to a successful market, but they BOTH are detrimental! It's just the "nature of the beast". Without collectors, there obviously is no market to begin with.
Here's the part that a lot of people don't understand, whether they try to or not. First of all, the definition of the term "scalper" is completely subjective. I'm not saying there aren't scalpers out there. There definitely are, but for the purpose of my explanation, scalper is being used very loosely.

"Scalpers", just like in EVERY OTHER market, are essential to the continued growth of that market. Without aftermarket sellers and the healthy competition between them, ONLY those in the collector's community would be buying these items. While I know that many would prefer it that way, the market wouldn't survive like this. There are new Steelbook collectors being found EVERY DAY and without them having an initial place to find mass quantities (e.g. eBay), there is no new collector. Also, some existing collectors don't always have the right resources at the right time to get some of the new releases they want and don't mind paying over retail later on as that is more convenient to their situation. These are just a few of the more significant reasons why sellers (e.g. "Scalpers") are imperative to the Steelbook market.

Long story short...Everyone who currently has a place in our hobby has that place because it is as vital as it is necessary.

As for limitation...I'll use Zavvi again as an example. Not because I like bashing Zavvi, but because they, again, are the PERFECT example. A little over a year ago, Zavvi began flooding the market with more and more releases in a given time. On average, they release anywhere from 1-3 dozen steels in any given month. Now, even when they do have an "ultra limited print run", they can't seem to sell out of it (There is all kinds of speculation as to just how limited some of those runs are, but that's beside the point.). Meanwhile, you have companies like Blufans & Novamedia who understand the limited edition and its importance who continuously and consecutively sell out release after release.

Nail and head @mlmaier84 Sir :thumbs:

Personally I would like to see Zavvi number their "ultra limited runs" If Kimchi etc can do it on the low runs then so can Zavvi on their 2000 run titles. Trouble is they won't as I don't believe for even one second that they are actually being honest. It's nothing more than a marketing ploy with them an unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about it. Hence I have skipped most of their Ultra limited steels unless I like tha art/finish.

Well said!!! I would also like to add that the so called scalper is not a bad thing. Importing is vital in the health of the steelbook market as a whole.

If by scalping they mean selling on eBay then 90% of those on here are guilty lol. I always start auctions at cost price if I'm selling a steel and if it happens to go higher then thats up to those bidding. I'm happy to sell at what I paid as usually the ones I sell on are ones I've not been impressed with such as recent FS Godzilla and Cap 2. That way I can buy something else. As for second copies, I rarely buy them, and those I do are for HDN only.

To me personally a scalper is someone who lists it immediately after "sold out" at anything above double cost price. If a rare item increases over time then great thats what a collectable should do, but I have absolutely no respect for those that dramatically push the price immediately after pre-orders sell out. I'm talking about those that want £100 or higher for Kimchi/blufans etc. It always pleases me when I see those same items 3 months later at far lower prices because the greed has given way to actually trying to sell them. Buyers have to take some of the responsibility, if they didn't pay these crazy prices, sellers would have to be more realistic. I collect many different collectables within music and film/tv and steelbooks are definitely the one item where some aftermarket sellers try and really screw people over, but people buy em so the trend will continue.

Well said!!! I would also like to add that the so called scalper is not a bad thing. Importing is vital in the health of the steelbook market as a whole.

the most important comment in this conversation... and a true point that many people will simply never understand. i've been saying this for a lonnnng time.

Reactions: blu-steel
LMAO says the #1 scalper on ebay

Thanks to the #1 scalper on ebay, I was able to get the French "Django Unchained" Blu-ray Steelbook that I couldn't get from my French connections. I love Chip! :naughty:

And I just purchased a Plain Archive PET Slip "I Saw The Devil" from a Korean ebayer, as I missed it while at work.

I've bought many impossible to find steelbooks from great, trusted members here and resellers elsewhere around the world.

Last edited:
It really isn't worth getting worked up over the practice of scalping. I don't particularly like it but I accept that it is a part of the hobby now. It helps to think of all the great collectors who will help others out of kindness.

Last edited by a moderator: