Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think steelbook is even about collecting anymore. Its just another medium. Its getting to the point where it's rare if a title doesn't have a steelbook.

For me, buying Steelbooks has always been about spending on physical editions of movies that I love. If I'm going to own a physical copy of a movie, I want it to be something more than just a disc in a blue piece of plastic. I don't even bother buying Blu-rays anymore unless they're crazy cheap on clearance (in which case I watch them once and then unload them on eBay or donate them to a library or just give them to co-workers or friends) or they're in a Steelbook.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the hundreds of non-Steelbook and non-Criterion Blu-rays that I've purchased over the past 11 years. LOL

(And I wish that it was rare that a title didn't have a Steelbook.)

• Thanks
Reactions: icharlie17
Did Zavvi ever expressly state that any of their Steelbook releases would be the only releases ever for all time and eternity? Perhaps importantly, does that even contradict the label of "limited"? Assuming that this new Steelbook will have a markedly different design than the original Steelbook they released, then the original's limited nature is in no way, shape or form diminished by the release of a new version with new artwork: they're two wholly different products.
No, they didn't. That was last comment was about Arrow Video releasing a title ( "Hell comes to Frogtown" and also another title can't remember the name now) as limted to 1000 copies, after having categorically claimed that their limited editions are "truelly limited". That they won't make further pressings over and above their "Limited" number, and won't undermine the collectors market. But they are going to re-release that title, albeit in a trimmed down package. People were led to believe that there would be NO further release of those titles. I don't have a problem with unlimited numbers being produced, just don't call it limited. You're right, far as i know Zavvi haven't done this, but imagine this: one hundred limited edition steelbooks available of the same movie, just with different artwork back and front. Plenty of choice there for everyone, but where's the collecability, where's the "specialness" ( my own word, that)? But hey, we AAALLLLL have our view on this. Just to put this straight, collectability for me means uniqueness, rarity ( to an extent), desirable, special - for me, limited editions should encompass ghese sentiments. Just my view, that's all.

• Thanks
Reactions: natlee75
For me, buying Steelbooks has always been about spending on physical editions of movies that I love. If I'm going to own a physical copy of a movie, I want it to be something more than just a disc in a blue piece of plastic. I don't even bother buying Blu-rays anymore unless they're crazy cheap on clearance (in which case I watch them once and then unload them on eBay or donate them to a library or just give them to co-workers or friends) or they're in a Steelbook.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the hundreds of non-Steelbook and non-Criterion Blu-rays that I've purchased over the past 11 years. LOL

(And I wish that it was rare that a title didn't have a Steelbook.)
Haha, yeah, i understand what your mean. If i spend money, i want something special - why not? You love a movie, do it justice, right?

• Thanks
Did Zavvi ever expressly state that any of their Steelbook releases would be the only releases ever for all time and eternity? Perhaps importantly, does that even contradict the label of "limited"? Assuming that this new Steelbook will have a markedly different design than the original Steelbook they released, then the original's limited nature is in no way, shape or form diminished by the release of a new version with new artwork: they're two wholly different products.

:thumbs:

Actually, if you look at the US market, only the big blockbuster movies get new steelbook releases...97% of smaller movies don't get steelbook releases. Movies like Steve Jobs, Swiss Army Man, Free State of Jones, The Nice Guys, Midnight Special, Imperium, Green Room, Eddie the Eagle, the list goes on and on....

And even for one of the largest grossing movies of the year, Zootopia, US buyers have to import the steelbook. US collectors have to import the majority of steelbook releases. And due to horrible packaging, you never know if that steelbook will arrive in decent condition. Even Amazon.com rarely seems to get steelbook releases, probably because their packaging stinks too.

This has always baffled me. Clearly there's a very eager market for high-quality Steelbook releases here in the United States. It's not a gigantic market, but one would think that a company along the lines of a Kimchi or a Plain Archive could succeed here. Criterion doesn't exactly fit into the mold because they're much more focused on the art of the film itself -- not gonna see Disney movies, Transformers, superhero movies, etc. from them.

No, they didn't. That was last comment was about Arrow Video...

My mistake. :)

Just to put this straight, collectability for me means uniqueness, rarity ( to an extent), desirable, special - for me, limited editions should encompass ghese sentiments. Just my view, that's all.

Fair enough. Personally, the "limited" part isn't all that important to me. I just want something that looks cool to display for the movies that I love the most. I think that pretty much encompasses "Steelbook" for me. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: icharlie17

No one would be arsed if the first collection was complete but starting a new line while forgetting the old one...it's a dick move

If I was sitting now looking at a full Disney steelbook collection then this would not bother me in the slightest

Hell im waiting for Frozen, Zootopia, Inside Out, Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur ones because they were f****** awful

i remember the steelbook dvd generation. there were some collectors i remember being around at that time that simply stopped when bluray came along. they didnt want to start buying the same movies all over again in a different format.

but what we are seeing this steelbook gen that i can't remember seeing last gen, is multiple releases of the same film in the same region. the only time you would double dip in the dvd steelbook generation was if you were importing.

last gen, one steelbook edition of a film lasted the entire lifetime of the dvd medium. but this gen seems to be about making as many editions of the same film as possible, justifying them with gimmicks such as pop art, alternative art, 3d, slips and lenticulars.

Last edited:
^ RE: DISNEY NUMBERED SPINE CLASSICS:-
Not holding out much hope for a complete Blu-ray steelbook or Amaray collection of Disney Numbered Spine Classics even though all are currently available as DVDs.
As far as steelbooks are concerned: *many have now been done with even more available in Amaray editions.
A brief rundown of the current situation:-
1. Snow White - Amaray & Steelbook
2. Pinocchio - Amr / SB
3. Fantasia - Amr / SB
4. Dumbo - Amr / SB
5. Bambi - Amr / SB
6. Saludos Amigos -
7. Three Caballeros -
8. Make Mine Music -
9. Fun and Fancy Free - Amr together with #11
10. Melody Time -
11. Ichabod and Toad - Amr together with #9
12. Cinderella - Amr / SB
13. Alice in Wonderland - Amr / SB
14. Peter Pan - Amr / SB
15. Lady and the Tramp - Amr / SB
16. Sleeping Beauty - Amr / SB
17. 101 Dalmatians - Amr / SB
18. Sword in the Stone - Amr / SB
19. The Jungle Book - Amr / SB
20. The Aristocats - Amr / SB
21. Robin Hood - Amr / SB
22. The Many Adventures Winnie the Pooh - Amr
23. The Rescuers - Amr. solo and together with #29 / SB
24. Fox and Hound - Amr / SB
25. Black Cauldron -
26. Basil the Great Mouse Detective - Amr
27. Oliver and Company - Amr
28. The Little Mermaid - Amr / SB
29. Rescuers Down Under - Amr with #23
30. Beauty and the Beast - Amr / SB
31. Aladdin - Amr / SB
32. The Lion King - Amr / SB x2
33. Pocahontas - Amr / SB
34. Hunchback of Notre Dame - Amr / SB
35. Hercules - Amr / SB
36. Mulan - Amr / SB
37. Tarzan - Amr / SB
38. Fantasia 2000 - Amr
39. The Emperors New Groove - Amr / SB
40. Atlantis - Amr
41. Lilo Stitch - Amr
42. Treasure Planet - Amr / SB
43. Brother Bear - Amr / SB
44. Home on the Range - Amr
45. Chicken Little - Amr
46. The Wild - Amr
47. Meet the Robinsons - Amr
48. Bolt - Amr
49. Princess and the Frog - Amr / SB
50. Tangled - Amr / SB
51. Wreck it Ralph - Amr / SB
52. Frozen - Amr / SB
53) Big Hero 6 - Amr / SB
54) Zootropolis - Amr / SB
Expecting some of those already released in Amarays to be released in steelbooks at some point - in particular "Meet the Robinsons"
Not expecting steelbook releases for any early shorts (#6 - #11) . . . but you never know . . . Disney may decide to do the uncharacteristic thing and release the complete collection on Blu-ray and then in steelbooks . . .
* 34 out of 54

No one would be arsed if the first collection was complete but starting a new line while forgetting the old one...it's a dick move

If I was sitting now looking at a full Disney steelbook collection then this would not bother me in the slightest

Hell im waiting for Frozen, Zootopia, Inside Out, Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur ones because they were f****** awful

In other words you don't want to see any re-releases unless they are titles that you missed/skipped first time around. I think you have undermined the point you were trying to make.

In other words you don't want to see any re-releases unless they are titles that you missed/skipped first time around. I think you have undermined the point you were trying to make.

Urm...no...don't do that. Don't assume and put words into peoples mouths

I want the first line finished AND THEN when they do re-releases I'll be waiting for those titles I mentioned.

Why do people do that...really bugs me

Anyone who doesn't want to see the original steelbook line finished is selfish. I'm sorry but it's true. If I wasn't collecting them and I saw this on the outside I would be exactly the same. It's not fair on people and it's not nice to have an incomplete collection.

• Thanks
Reactions: bigstevie8582

Fair enough. Personally, the "limited" part isn't all that important to me. I just want something that looks cool to display for the movies that I love the most. I think that pretty much encompasses "Steelbook" for me. :)
Of course. Yeah, i get what you mean. I do like the like the fact that somethings limited though ( haha, i am thinking of everybody pointing at me and screaming, "ELITIST!! ELITIST") - it's the rarity that i like in something, too. But, you know, i have missed out on a MASSIVE amount of limiteds - not just steelbooks, too. But i can live with it, be happy for those who got them, and hope that maybe in the future i can pick a few of them up. If i don't, then that's life. But Arrow video, in spite of what i said earlier, DO put out unbelievable packages - Hellraiser scarlet box is something incredibly special, The complete Dr Phibes, Society limited edition, Videodrome limited ( all of these are superb digi pak releases), and many, many more limiteds they put out whose rarity make them a bit more special........to me, anyway.

• Thanks

Sorry, i didn't mean, "Of course" as in your mistake. I meant, "Of course." as in i agree with what you said subsequently. Didn't want you to misinderstand that, and me come over as some arrogant so-and-so, hehe!

• Thanks
i remember the steelbook dvd generation. there were some collectors i remember being around at that time that simply stopped when bluray came along. they didnt want to start buying the same movies all over again in a different format.

but what we are seeing this steelbook gen that i can't remember seeing last gen, is multiple releases of the same film in the same region. the only time you would double dip in the dvd steelbook generation was if you were importing.

last gen, one steelbook edition of a film lasted the entire lifetime of the dvd medium. but this gen seems to be about making as many editions of the same film as possible, justifying them with gimmicks such as pop art, alternative art, 3d, slips and lenticulars.
Yeah, thats true actually, i don't remember multiple steelbook releases of the same movie in the dvd format.........maybe, but i can't recall. For instance, HMVs Definitive edition steelbooks of Terminator, Predator 1&2, Conan, Alien, Aliens, etc, - i only remember only those steelbook releases, in UK, of those films, and i thought those steelbooks were really good. But, there were limited edition slipcovers of those films too.......if i recall correctly. Like you said also, they're trying to justify more steelbook releases of the same title by doing pop art, adding lentls, slips, etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: levi
Interesting topic this (lol): "How many DIFFERENT STEELBOOKS OF THE SAME FILM have been released in the U.K.?" and got me thinking - check my shelves, take some notes not photos and then do it the easy way not by photographing my steels but by snatching the relevant images off Google to provide the answer.
. . . and just for anyone interested I've prepared a list of U.K. steelbooks that have been re-released - listed in order of the original release dates - as by release date is how my collection is organised.

List does not include individual steelbooks that have also been released in anthology steelbook editions such as DARK KNIGHT & BATMAN BEGINS, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 1-5, KILL BILL 1&2, HUNGER GAMES 1-4, BACK TO THE FUTURE 1-3, BOURNE 1-4, ALIEN 1-4, SPIDER-MAN 1/2/3, STAR WARS Two Volumes steelbook set containing: films 1-3 & films 4-6 and others.

List does not include steelbooks that have been re-issued with exactly the same artwork (very, very few in number) or the same steelbooks (again, very, very few in number) that have been released later with fancy slipcovers / numbered cards - that being the only difference between the regular steelbook and the other.

REGARDING RE-RELEASES: As we all know and appreciate not all steelbook re-releases use the same discs as in the original steelbooks - although many do or have done - and the differences could be minor or major - disc related or packaging related - with the main differences being the addition of lenticular magnets or Artcards or Slipcases and as far as the discs themselves are concerned - 3D, Special Features/Extras, Director's Cuts etc. - features that may not have been available in the original steelbook releases.

List is not definitive as there are gaps in my 2016 section so may be missing some re-releases.
Anyway, here goes with what I have-
1) SWEENEY TODD
2) 10,000 BC
3) TERMINATOR 2
4) STAR TREK XI
5) DISTRICT 9
6) AVATAR
7) KICK-ASS
8) METROPOLIS
9) SALT
10) SCOTT PILGRIM
11) HARRY POTTER: DEATHLY HALLOWS - PART ONE
12) FAST & FURIOUS 5
13) THOR
14) X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
15) CAP AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER
16) RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (steelbook and futurepak)

17) HULK
18) PREDATOR
19) BRAVEHEART
20) FIGHT CLUB (steelbook and futurepak)

21) X-MEN: ORIGINS - WOLVERINE
22) IRON MAN
23) IRON MAN 2
24) INCREDIBLE HULK

25) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
26) CHILDREN OF MEN
26) THE TERMINATOR
27) SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN
28) GHOSTBUSTERS
29) HELLBOY
30) TOP GUN
31) MATRIX
32) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
33) TED
34) BEN-HUR
35) SKYFALL
36) CHILDREN OF MEN

37) ROGER RABBIT
38) EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
39) LIFE OF PI
40) ROBOCOP (1987)

41) FINDING NEMO
42) COMMANDO
43) I, ROBOT
44) INDEPENDENCE DAY
45) TAXI DRIVER
46) STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS
47) IRON MAN 3
48) FAST & FURIOUS 6
49) RESERVOIR DOGS

50) THE WOLVERINE
51) THOR 2: DARK WORLD
52) V FOR VENDETTA
53) CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
54) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
55) GHOSTBUSTERS 2
56) 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE
57) X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
58) TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION
59) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
60) TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

61) AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
62) ANT-MAN

May seem like a lot of re-releases but in reality is only something like 7% of the total number of steelbooks released in the U.K. over the past 8 1/2 years.

IMAGES and RELEASE DATES of original steelbooks and re-release(s) to follow

Last edited:
U.K. STEELBOOK RELEASES AND RE-RELEASES of the same film (1 - 62):-
1) SWEENEY TODD - Same disc
May 2008 ..........................................July 2015
8071_large.jpg
130192_large.jpg

2) 10,000 BC - Same disc
July 2008 ........................................November 2012
9272_large.jpg
52458_large.jpg

3) TERMINATOR 2 - Same disc
June 2009 ......................................July 2015
4925_large.jpg
131002_large.jpg

4) STAR TREK XI -
November 2009 .............................May 2013 ........................................June 2013
Disc 2 of Special Features in original steelbook absent in later re-releases
8336_large.jpg
66685_large.jpg
65925_large.jpg

5) DISTRICT 9 - Same disc
December 2009 ...................................... March 2015
8284_large.jpg
117646_large.jpg

6) AVATAR -
April 2010 .......................................December 2014
Original: Survival Guide & Artcards. Re-release includes 3D
10320_large.jpg
115524_large.jpg

7) KICK-ASS - Same disc
September 2010 ..................................February 2014
12456_large.jpg
37593_large.jpg

8) METROPOLIS -
November 2010 ..............................January 2015
Original:1 x BD50. Later edition 2 x BD50 with added Extras and two cuts of film

15594_large.jpg
119455_large.jpg

9) SALT
December 2010 .............................November 2016
Original: Three cuts of film. Later edition: ?
15788_large.jpg
165049_large.jpg

10) SCOTT PILGRIM - Same disc
December 2010 .............................February 2013
16804_large.jpg
44956_large.jpg

11) HARRY POTTER: DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART ONE
April 2011 .....................................October 2016
Original 1 x BD50 + DVD. Newer release 2 x BD50 (second disc of Special Features)
20407_large.jpg
158490_large.jpg

12) FAST & FURIOUS 5 - Same disc
September 2011 ........................... March 2015
24896_large.jpg
123456_large.jpg

13) THOR
September 2011 ...............................October 2013 ..................................December 2015
1 x BD50 + DVD..............................................same disc ........................3D + Lenticular Magnet
26486_large.jpg
\
76449_large.jpg
143757_large.jpg

14) X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Same disc
October 2011 ................................May 2015
28325_large.jpg
124940_large.jpg

15) CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER
December 2011 ..............................October 2013 .............................November 2015
1 x BD50 + DVD .............................same disc....................................3D + Lenticular Magnet
30077_large.jpg
76448_large.jpg
140552_large.jpg

16) RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (SB and FP) - Same disc
December 2011 ....................................May 2014
31193_large.jpg
114398_large.jpg

17) HULK - Same disc. Lenticular magnet on re-release
May 2012 ....................................October 2016.
37595_large.jpg
155109_large.jpg

18) PREDATOR - 3D included in re-release
June 2012 .............................................December 2014
41253_large.jpg
115523_large.jpg

19) BRAVEHEART
June 2012 .......................................June 2014
1 x BD50 + DVD ............................... 2 x BD50
41211_large.jpg
102190_large.jpg

20) FIGHT CLUB SB and FP) - Both same disc but DVD added to SB
June 2012 ..................................May 2014
41252_large.jpg
114797_large.jpg

21) X-MEN: ORIGINS - WOLVERINE - Same disc
June 2012 .......................................May 2015
41251_large.jpg
124941_large.jpg

22) IRON MAN - Same disc. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
August 2012 ...............................November 2015
45468_large.jpg
138070_large.jpg

23) IRON MAN 2 - Same disc. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
August 2012 ......................................December 2015.
48048_large.jpg
143752_large.jpg

24) INCREDIBLE HULK - Same disc. Lenticular magnet on re-release
August 2012 ................................................October 2016

37591_large.jpg
155110_large.jpg

25) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
September 2012 ........................April 2015
Original: 1 x BD50. Re-release 2 x BD50 including 3D and Lenticular Magnet
47638_large.jpg
120765_large.jpg

26) THE TERMINATOR - Same disc
October 2012 ...........................June 2015
42325_large.jpg
128274_large.jpg

27) SNOW WHITE & THE HUNTSMAN - Same disc. Slipcase on re-release
October 2012 ................................September 2016
48922_large.jpg
11317068-1214405253858595.JPG

28) GHOSTBUSTERS - Same disc
November 2012 ..............................June 2016
50844_large.jpg
157200_large.jpg

29) HELLBOY - Same disc
November 2012 ..............................November 2016
50854_large.jpg
164634_large.jpg

30) TOP GUN - Same disc. Slipcase on re-release
November 2012 ...............................September 2016
48333_large.jpg
162501_large.jpg

31) MATRIX - Same disc
November 2012 ..........................August 2015
51922_large.jpg
135284_large.jpg

32) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - Same disc. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
November 2012 .........................August 2016
53893_large.jpg
160345_large.jpg

33) TED - Same disc
November 2012 ..........................June 2015
51484_large.jpg
130093_large.jpg

34) BEN-HUR - Same discs
January 2013 ....................................October 2016
59714_large.jpg
164614_large.jpg

35) SKYFALL - Same disc. original includes DVD
February 2013 ..................................September 2015.
60458_large.jpg
137546_large.jpg

36) CHILDREN OF MEN - Same disc
February 2013 .............................November 2016
37592_large.jpg
160356_large.jpg

37) ROGER RABBIT - Same disc
March 2013 .....................................May 2015
64275_large.jpg
128200_large.jpg

38) EDWARD SCISSORHANDS
April 2013 ....................................November 2015
Original: 1 x BD25 + DVD ......Re-release I x BD50 REMASTERED.
66205_large.jpg
139875_large.jpg

39) LIFE OF PI - Same discs. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
April 2013 ....................................December 2014.
65731_large.jpg
115526_large.jpg

40) ROBOCOP (1987)
April 2013 ........................................February 2014
Original: 1 x BD25 + DVD. Re-release 1 x BD50 RE-MASTERED
66201_large.jpg
91964_large.jpg

41) FINDING NEMO - 3D included in re-release
May 2013 ...................................November 2016
66336_large.jpg
166455_large.jpg

42) COMMANDO
June 2013 ....................................May 2015
Original: Theatrical Cut only. Re-release: TC and Director's Cut + Extras not on the original
69036_large.jpg
126929_large.jpg

43) I, ROBOT - 3D included in re-release
June 2013 ......................................December 2014
69035_large.jpg
115525_large.jpg

44) INDEPENDENCE DAY
June 2013 ................................May 2016
Original: 1 x BD50 TC. Re-release: 2 x BD50 TC and Extended Cut. RE-MASTERED
69031_large.jpg
153484_large.jpg

45) TAXI DRIVER - Same disc
July 2013 .....................................March 2015
69033_large.jpg
117647_large.jpg

46) STAR TREK XII: INTO DARKNESS - Same discs. Different retailer exclusives. First on the left only available in giftset
All September 2013
77824_large.jpg
78856_large.jpg
85802_large.jpg

51-GjJN85bL.jpg

47) IRON MAN 3
September 2013 ..........................December 2015
Original: 1 x BD50. Re-release 2 x BD50 including 3D
72909_large.jpg
143753_large.jpg

48) FAST AND FURIOUS 6 - Same disc
September 2013 ..........................March 2015.
76489_large.jpg
123457_large.jpg

49) RESERVOIR DOGS - Same disc
October 2013 ...........................January 2016
74361_large.jpg
142815_large.jpg

50) THE WOLVERINE
November 2013 ...........................May 2015
Original: 3 x BD50 including Extended Cut and 3D. Re-release: 1 x BD50
79744_large.jpg
124942_large.jpg

51) THOR 2: DARK WORLD - Same discs. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
February 2014 ................................December 2015.
88890_large.jpg
143754_large.jpg

52) V FOR VENDETTA - Same disc
June 2014 ..................................November 2016
98119_large.jpg
164613_large.jpg

53) CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER - Same discs. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
August 2014 ..................................November 2015.
100167_large.jpg
143756_large.jpg

54) AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 - Same disc. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
September 2014 .............................August 2016
107322_large.jpg
160346_large.jpg

55) GHOSTBUSTERS 2 - Same disc
September 2014 .............................June 2016
106875_large.jpg
157201_large.jpg

56) 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE - Same discs
Both September 2014
110175_large.jpg
110347_large.jpg

57) X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
November 2014 .........................July 2015
Original: 2 x BD50 including 3D. Re-release 2 x BD50 No 3D but two cuts of the film
104843_large.jpg
130999_large.jpg

58) TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION
Both November 2014
112378_large.jpg
112422_large.jpg

59) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Same discs. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
November 2014 ...............................November 2015.
109689_large.jpg
143755_large.jpg

60) TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
February 2015 ...........................October 2016
Original: 2 x BD50 including 3D. Re-release 1 x BD50
119491_large.jpg
166988_large.jpg

61) AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON - Same discs. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
September 2015 ..........................October 2016
129589_large.jpg
160013_large.jpg
62) ANT-MAN - Same discs. Lenticular Magnet on re-release
November 2015........................October 2016
136420_large.jpg
159949_large.jpg

Last edited:

Can you really blame them for giving up on the Disney collection, though? I hate it, too, since I'm a huge Disney fanatic, but considering how quickly most of the lesser known titles went on discount and how long many languished in their inventory... if I were Zavvi or Disney I'd probably hesitate on completing the line as well.

I didn't mind the Frozen Steelbook. Granted, it's not as nice as the Korean ones, but it wasn't bad at all. I also didn't mind the Zootopia one, but I ended up not getting it because I want the title used in the U.S. and not some weird alternative (ultimately I'm glad that happened, though, because the Blu-fans one looks much better). I also didn't mind the Inside Out one -- isn't it the same artwork used by pretty much everyone at first (other than the Korean companies that came up with the more interesting artwork)?

Monsters University from Zavvi was terrible. That one I'll agree with you 100%. :)

There's a much bigger market for Steelbooks now, though, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise that companies are investing more and finding ways to make more money off of the demand.

I hardly ever saw Steelbooks around during the DVD era... in fact, I saw more with video games than with movies, at least here in the U.S. It really seemed to take off in the U.S., at least from my perspective, with Best Buy releasing that early set of Disney/Pixar Steelbooks (still kicking myself for not picking up the Wall-E one and not bothering to invest in the Pirates ones).

Anyone who doesn't want to see the original steelbook line finished is selfish. I'm sorry but it's true. If I wasn't collecting them and I saw this on the outside I would be exactly the same. It's not fair on people and it's not nice to have an incomplete collection.

It might just be a poor choice of words, but the ones you chose come off as borderline whiny, and believe me I mean that in the least offensive way. LOL

I don't think "selfishness" and "fairness" really comes into play at all especially considering we're talking about a business that, like all other businesses, is trying to make money off the products it sells.

Zavvi went into this with the best of intentions (at least relatively speaking insofar as a for-profit business could have good intentions) to sell this line of Steelbooks, but if halfway through -- once they've exhausted the popular titles and are stuck with just the less well known films in the collection -- can you really blame them for hesitating on the rest when sales performance was dramatically worse for something like Sword in the Stone than for something like Aladdin?