HMV / Xtra-Vision - SteelBook Retailer Thread [UK/Ireland]

This is a general thread to discuss your experiences with this retailer in regards to ordering and receiving Steelbooks. As of 8/29/2013, the site says they are working on improved website.

images

Important:

This store ships UK/IRELAND ONLY.

HMV UK : http://www.xtra-vision.co.uk/Search/Results?term=steelbook
HMV IRE: http://www.xtra-vision.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook OR http://www.hmv.ie/Search/Results?term=steelbook

Typical example of packaging:
63qlg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I've created an Ireland account as it works out slightly cheaper....

So damage is a possibility?
Yes
But in saying that HMV UK when they operated in the past as a online store used standard cardboard mailers like amazon-USA use and I never received any steelbook damaged

I doubt they will change packaging at this stage as they don't have a lot of steelbooks releases as they never did even when HMV UK was operating online before they shut down

Reactions: lights
Just to be clear, the www.xtra-vision.co.uk UK website (run by Xtra-Vision Ireland) is not the official HMV UK website which is being planned by the actual UK based HMV office, am I correct?

When payment is taken, will it be processed from Ireland and show as xtra vision on your credit card account ?.

I ordered a while ago (the RUSH fiasco) using the www.hmvshop.co.uk site and got called by my card company because of an overseas credit transaction, thinking it was fraud, I was asked if xtravision was the debitor, I was a bit flumouxed as I thought it should have been HMV !, but quickly realised they were trading with HMV Ireland. needless to say Rush order was cancelled.

hmvshop is now closed and moved to xtra-vision.co.uk, so I'm sure it's not the official UK HMV online site.

UK
HMV UK are using Xtra-vision.co.uk as the online Store for the UK

Ireland
HMV Ireland also have HMV.ie and Xtra-vision.ie online stores

Screenshot (100).png

Just to be clear, the www.xtra-vision.co.uk UK website (run by Xtra-Vision Ireland) is not the official HMV UK website which is being planned by the actual UK based HMV office, am I correct?

When payment is taken, will it be processed from Ireland and show as xtra vision on your credit card account ?.

I ordered a while ago (the RUSH fiasco) using the www.hmvshop.co.uk site and got called by my card company because of an overseas credit transaction, thinking it was fraud, I was asked if xtravision was the debitor, I was a bit flumouxed as I thought it should have been HMV !, but quickly realised they were trading with HMV Ireland. needless to say Rush order was cancelled.

hmvshop is now closed and moved to xtra-vision.co.uk, so I'm sure it's not the official UK HMV online site.

Just think of it as Xtra-Vision / HMV Ireland...Including Northern Ireland (UK) SEPARATE than HMV UK (GB)...Confusing at first glance...

I had a damaged steelbook from the Xtra-vision UK site, they asked me to cross out my address and put it in the post so it gets returned to sender, the return address is in Ireland, the problem with this is there is no proof of return should it go missing. I doubt I will order from them ever again. I'd rather go back to my local HMV or wait for the official HMV site to launch in the UK.

I had a damaged steelbook from the Xtra-vision UK site, they asked me to cross out my address and put it in the post so it gets returned to sender, the return address is in Ireland, the problem with this is there is no proof of return should it go missing. I doubt I will order from them ever again. I'd rather go back to my local HMV or wait for the official HMV site to launch in the UK.
I'm in exactly the same position in that I returned a damaged steelbook in exactly the way you describe here - this was a week ago and I've yet to hear if it has been received and if my refund is being processed. I too was not happy just to pop it in the local postbox without proof of posting and I did take it to the Post Office but was informed that they couldn't give me the proof for what looks like an 'undelivered package' (with my address crossed out and the HMV Newry address highlighted - as recommended by xtra-vision customer services).
Please let me know if yours was received the other end and if the story ended happily.

I'm in exactly the same position in that I returned a damaged steelbook in exactly the way you describe here - this was a week ago and I've yet to hear if it has been received and if my refund is being processed. I too was not happy just to pop it in the local postbox without proof of posting and I did take it to the Post Office but was informed that they couldn't give me the proof for what looks like an 'undelivered package' (with my address crossed out and the HMV Newry address highlighted - as recommended by xtra-vision customer services).
Please let me know if yours was received the other end and if the story ended happily.

I'm still waiting for a response, It's been over two weeks now, I thought I would give them enough time to resolve this, I will write to them soon and see what is happening. They need to really consider a normal method of returns that most business would use, this is not acceptable really.

Reactions: virkia
Last edited:
Reactions: augustus