Saving Private Ryan - Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.4) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: May, 2015
Purchase link: See group buy links below (sold-out)
Price: Ammo box 142$, Lenti 59$, Pet 56$, 1/4 53$
Notes:
Steelbook made in Denmark,
3000 copies limited
Ammo box includes Lenti and Pet
Both discs are region-free.

Lenti / PET / 1/4:
lenti.jpg pet1.jpg 14.jpg

Sample shots:
full

full

PET effect:
pet2.jpg

full

This movie was not suit to make the all glossy finish and embossed with the frame, so we decide to make the steelbook like the following:
Front: "Saving Private Ryan" with the Debossed effect,the solidier and ground with glossy finish,and the sky&cloud with matte finish,
Back: The iron wire with the glossy finish, another area with matte finish

Group Buy: May 1, 2015
Group Buys [NOW CLOSED]
All versions of this release will be shipped direct from China, no hubs.

Ammo Box---142USD shipped (DIRECTLY ship from China), one copy per person limited. GB Link [Closed]
Lenti---59USD shipped to customer DIRECTLY, 3 copies per person limited. GB Link [Closed]
PET
---56USD shipped to customer DIRECTLY, 3 copies per person limited. GB Link [Closed]
1/4-
--53USD shipped to customer DIRECTLY, 3 copies per person limited. GB Link [Closed]

Prices include Steelbook + Paypal fees + shipping DIRECTLY to you. Payment will start on 10th May. Deadline to pay by TBC.
[/b]

Last edited by a moderator:
Par the Zero Dark Thirty 1/4 slip most I could do with out tbh. So it's either the ammo box or the lenti for me. I wonder if they'll be able equal PA's complimentary box? :woot:

I honestly think the PET slip seems more "right" for this kind of film and a lenti doesn't (not sure how to explain why I feel that way) and I actually prefer the postcards to the character cards only because they are scenes from the film and the character cards, while still nice, are more like baseball cards for a film. Still, while I'd probably lean towards accepting the PET slip and lose the postcards, I just can't NOT have the booklet, so the slip is going to have to be my choice. I usually gravitate immediately to a slip or lenti design, but this is truly a tough choice.
Then I'll answer for you, a lenticular is tacky and not suited to a serious film like this. [emoji6]

Removeable floating heads on a PET slip more fully convey the serious nature of the subject matter...
*cough*;)
Yep they do, once the slip is placed on, it will look like the original poster which was superb and very haunting. Lentis are for kids and family films.
uploadfromtaptalk1428106005805.jpg

...OR..it could be the more haunting, less photoshopped, original pre- release one-sheet!
(Selling the story and not the actors)
saving_private_ryan_ver1.jpg
Nah, The theatrical poster is far better, but then I might be biased since I have an original gloss promo version framed on my wall [emoji23]

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
I have to say this is looking a very very impressive steelbook. I might bite on this one and since I don't have the film in any home video format, might be the one to own.

You guys are killing me!

There really doesn't seem to be any consensus on which version is better and, as I mentioned, in my limited experience, I usually gravitate towards one pretty easily but I can't do it this time, so it's really up to all of you to decide for me by reaching a consensus.

So, to those who want the PET slip, you can agree it's not AS nice as a typical full slip, right? And don't you guys and girls want the booklet and I'm obviously "talking" to those of you, like me, who will be only buying one version.

I know some people are having fun with the lenti jokes, but I seriously do agree that the PET slip is more fitting for the film. Yet at the expense of, by far, the very best goodie, the booklet? Um...I don't know.

In the end, I can live with the less interesting character cards than the nicer, more stylized post cards, but does the PET slip really cancel out the booklet? Well, does it? And I don't want debate on this...I want the RIGHT answer or a poll that has an overwhelming winner. I'll go with that one. :)

Reactions: montana2974
Honestly, if it weren't for Plain coining the term "PET slip", they would simply be calling it the full slip version, similar to other acetate slipped releases like Kimchi's Leon for example. They're only using that term because they've seen the success Plain has had, but I'm guessing this won't be anything like Plain's PET slips and will be a slip just like Leon's.

You guys are killing me!

There really doesn't seem to be any consensus on which version is better and, as I mentioned, in my limited experience, I usually gravitate towards one pretty easily but I can't do it this time, so it's really up to all of you to decide for me by reaching a consensus.

So, to those who want the PET slip, you can agree it's not AS nice as a typical full slip, right? And don't you guys and girls want the booklet and I'm obviously "talking" to those of you, like me, who will be only buying one version.

I know some people are having fun with the lenti jokes, but I seriously do agree that the PET slip is more fitting for the film. Yet at the expense of, by far, the very best goodie, the booklet? Um...I don't know.

In the end, I can live with the less interesting character cards than the nicer, more stylized post cards, but does the PET slip really cancel out the booklet? Well, does it? And I don't want debate on this...I want the RIGHT answer or a poll that has an overwhelming winner. I'll go with that one. :)
When I'm torn between two choices and I finally get tired of the waffling and vacillating, I go to my mother-in-law and ask her which is her favorite. Then I simply choose the opposite one. It's a clean, simple way of making up my mind. It will be the lenti for me.

Last edited:
When I'm torn between two choices and I finally get tired of the waffling and vacillating, I go to my mother-in-law and ask her which is her favorite. Then I simply choose the opposite one. It's a clean, simple way of making up my mind. It will be the lenti for me.

I swear I remember reading this line like a year ago, lol

If that was you, great saying hahaha @nafosb i am rolling

HOWEVER, I've made up my mind (on my own) on which version I am going for. It was actually a very easy decision, choosing which edition to go for.

x1 Tripack to US Please.

Thanks for the GB ;)

Reactions: lolwut and harry
There's going to be a tripack? Man, I really want that even though there's no artwork posted yet. I'm kicking myself for missing out on Gladiator. At least with Saving Private Ryan it's a film I truly love and a set like that, while expensive, will become a cherished part of my collection. Bring it on!