spass

S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Release date: April 28, 2017 May 19, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular - Blu Box Pre-order live January 6, 2017
Price: £25.99 (EU) - £21.66 (ROW) - £27.99 (EU) - £23.33 (ROW) - £59.99 (EU) - £49.99 (ROW)

Full Slip | Lenticular Slip | Blu Box

fullset.jpg set-1.jpg set4-1.jpg
SotD.jpg
SotD (inside).jpg
SotD (back).jpg
SotD (Full slip).jpg
SotD (Lenticular).jpg
SotD (Blu Box).jpg

upload_2016-12-30_15-38-9-png.284008

Last edited:
Sorry, just seen one thing we didn't address.

Something about we don't have the support of an official site. We are launching essentially a dedicated site for Shaun of The Dead with full break down and images etc. and this is how we will approach each release. Also, our brand new store will launch beside it where you can setup your customer accounts if you wish and wait for the pre-order to go live :).

Think thats it lol.

EverythingBlu.

Interesting...the quality of the slip on their first release was exceptional and I have seen that go for £70+ on the bay, so I'm prepared to pick this up as a trial and I'll buy the others (depending on £) based on the quality of this release.
Thanks for your kind comments.

Quality is at the very highest of our priorities. Our full slip for SOTD is featuring a tonne of finishes. We will post the details of the finishes once our artwork is shown :).

Kinda saddened by the news that it'll be a tweak to an older release, as I didn't like any of the releases to date (including the Mondo one).

I'll be keeping an eye out on this one regardless, since maybe the overall package will draw me in.

Hello Everyone!

First off thanks your comments here. As John says, just a tiff. We are all adults, sorted the situation and here we are, no biggy and also a thanks to John & his team is in order too.

We will try and cover all of your comments to give you a clearer idea here.

@duckandrun we understand your hesitation but in all honesty some of your figures are off, especially to the setup we have made with not just one studio but several. Yes we are a small company but again small/new company doesn't mean small finances. That could be sourced from elsewhere thats all we can say there.

Legitimate release? Of course, we have been quite for over a year and Shaun of the Dead has been in discussion for around 6 of those months. The way we are setup with the studios is unique and has never been done before in the UK. With studio(s) on board it was a case of working out HOW we work together and thats resulted in the only "premium" UK SteelBook retailer (currently). So yes, we are "another premium retailer" but the only one in the UK market which is where we are based and thats the gap in the market we saw.

Pricing. The prices shown here are correct, Full Slip: £25.99/£21.66, Lenticular: £27.99/£23.33 & Blu Box: £59.99/£49.99 and no its not BLUE lol.

SteelBook. Now i know a lot of you are after an amazing WEA design but it's not going to be the Ultimate SteelBook this time round. Technically it is exclusive/WEA to us and not available anywhere else but its a minor tweak to a previously released steelbook. This unfortunately was out of our hands other than the one change we made. Going forward upon success of Shaun, we will get our own designs put forward and have a lot more freedom.

That brings us on to why another Shaun release? Well, just because there are several SteelBooks on the market, we don't feel all have had that definitive edition. This certainly applies to Shaun of The Dead and the rest of The Cornetto Trilogy. Also, the other releases we have lined up are along the same lines. Once we settle into the market, we will explore movies that have not had the SteelBook treatment yet but for our first release it makes more sense with this approach. We would have had many more hurdles to get over than we already did, had we pushed for a more WEA design.

As for our VIP services that used to exist. Some members just simply didn't understand it, minimal fee per month to join as many GBs as you liked without any fee per copy. That was then, this is now, we had many happy members but now its onto our big adventure.

So ask away guys and girls, we will answer what we can if its not giving too much away but in the coming days artworks will be shown etc.

Thanks again to everyone,

EverythingBlu.
Thanks for your informative post @EverythingBlu :thumbs: It is great to see the UK finally get a premium retailer, and to start with SOTD is a sure fire win!
Just a couple of questions if I can. Firstly the prices you state for example £27.99/£23.33 - what do you mean by that? Is that after and before tax? Or after and before shipping? I'm thinking the former....
I know it's early days, but any ideas on print runs?
Also, I know you can't reveal the art as of yet, but please for the love of God, can you at least put my fears to rest and confirm it's not this monstrosity!
IMG_1976.PNG

Thanks for your informative post @EverythingBlu :thumbs: It is great to see the UK finally get a premium retailer, and to start with SOTD is a sure fire win!
Just a couple of questions if I can. Firstly the prices you state for example £27.99/£23.33 - what do you mean by that? Is that after and before tax? Or after and before shipping? I'm thinking the former....
I know it's early days, but any ideas on print runs?
Also, I know you can't reveal the art as of yet, but please for the love of God, can you at least put my fears to rest and confirm it's not this monstrosity!
View attachment 283737
No problem.

The prices stated, the first figure is for European Union members who have to pay the 20% VAT/Tax and the second price is rest of the world price. These prices are before shipping is added and we have to charge for shipping even domestically of course. We can't promise great shipping prices as we need to build an average shipping figure per week/per month to get the best business rates but we are hoping we can improve on our costs eventually. ALL parcels will be sent tracked insured by our 1 courier who we have never had issue with before. Insurance of course increases prices but in the long run for both us and our customers we think its best to be covered on a product that could possible have no exchanges available (if sold out). We ship with very sturdy boxes, loads of loose foam pieces and a minimum of 1.5m (roughly) of bubble wrap for a single edition. Anyone who has received a parcel from us previously will be familiar with our packaging. Theres some youtube unboxings if you wish to see how killer klowns was packaged.

We can confirm it is not that SteelBook. Think more of art direction tweaked than actual change of artwork :).

@igans316 UK customers will have low shipping, or as low as we can go for now, we are expecting around £4.50 shipped that includes tracking & insurance.

Thanks,

EverythingBlu.

We can confirm it is not that SteelBook. Think more of art direction tweaked than actual change of artwork :).

I assume you're referring to the Play.com exclusive which is still my favourite edition released to date. I appreciate you're just getting started but it seems a bit pointless releasing this if the only difference is that the artwork will be vertical instead of horizontal. The goodies are a nice bonus but the Steelbook is what matters first and foremost.

Sorry, just seen one thing we didn't address.

Something about we don't have the support of an official site. We are launching essentially a dedicated site for Shaun of The Dead with full break down and images etc. and this is how we will approach each release. Also, our brand new store will launch beside it where you can setup your customer accounts if you wish and wait for the pre-order to go live :).

Think thats it lol.

EverythingBlu.

YOUR Killer Klowns is SUPERB slip a real jem . I hopped on a GB for it and was so pleased I did :)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk