The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive)(EMBOSS) [Canada]

Release date: August 19th, 2014
Purchase link: The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Price: 26.99$ +tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 6,000
Region: A,B,C (Region Free)

Artwork:
Finish:
Silk
Emboss: Eye on the front is embossed
M2206811.jpg

inside-png.71773

Video presentation:
Via INSTAGRAM

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!

Last edited:
WHYYYYYY?!?!?! WHO in their right mind would EVER think that border is a good idea?! I'm assuming it was Tyrone Biggums who made the final decisions on the Canadian Spider-Man steels...

a4u6uha8.jpg

Reactions: psychoscot
So much potential, but Sony clearly decided to keep the quality at the level of the Spiderman 1-3 Futureshop steels. They are consistent in all the wrong ways.

Reactions: zerox39
If that is the case then it's definitely a case of waiting for a price drop! Can't see Blufans picking this up to be honest, sadly... :(

I think I remember a while back Choi saying Kimchi had worked with Sony, so if enough interest they could maybe look into this, but I could be wrong.

I'll stick with the group buy, if it's the same worldwide I'd rather own the FS package over the HMV one. I most likely will end up with both though since I'm a die hard Spiderman fan lol.

Reactions: BradG1984
I think I remember a while back Choi saying Kimchi had worked with Sony, so if enough interest they could maybe look into this, but I could be wrong.

I'll stick with the group buy, if it's the same worldwide I'd rather own the FS package over the HMV one. I most likely will end up with both though since I'm a die hard Spiderman fan lol.

As am I, which is why I have this on order! :naughty: :scat:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JKPHUE0/?tag=hidefnin-20

I must say, it looks better with the image the Steelbook instagram. Then again it's not hard to go from completely terrible to slightly less terrible.

am i the only one who loves the artwork? sure would be great if it was a full image,.. but it still looks awesome.

I'm with you woe, I really like it and think it will look amazing in hand, the black border will look good once it's embossed, iron man and transformers both have borders and both are highly rated steelbooks.

Reactions: thewoe
Another one with a black border & embossing that is highly regarded is Django Unchained WWA..would like to see this on hand..was just hoping to match it with TASM first film's 2 steelbooks

Reactions: Kashby
This certainly isn't worth anymore than $10.

With that kinda finish it will look pretty good :cool:

Trying to talk yourself into it, huh? I'm wondering if the black border was a response to collectors complaining about how the image is aligned/framed when embossing is used (like the V For Vendetta recent release in Europe). So maybe this is a positive step? (But I wish they could have taken this step on a test run, and then taken it to the next level on the actual release.)

I'm still thinking that Sony will be bringing this to the US...but Best Buy and Target have already shown their store exclusives...would Walmart get this? Or is this really not going to be released in the US? Any one have any info? Hunches?

Last edited:
It's good they will be adding a nice finish, maybe adding a blue border would have been more consistent with the back, I would have even preferred red, black is used far too much at times.

Trying to talk yourself into it, huh? I'm wondering if the black border was a response to collectors complaining about how the image is aligned/framed when embossing is used (like the V For Vendetta recent release in Europe). So maybe this is a positive step? (But I wish they could have taken this step on a test run, and then taken it to the next level on the actual release.)

I'm still thinking that Sony will be bringing this to the US...but Best Buy and Target have already shown their store exclusives...would Walmart get this? Or is this really not going to be released in the US? Any one have any info? Hunches?

With a nice finish announced, it's growing on me :D

Still wish it had 3D though :p