Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11037430-1419955988-793961.jpg

11037430-1274294026919122.JPG

11037430-7304294026899637.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the information in Zavvis own listing:

Special Features:
  • Disc One: Feature
  • Disc Two: Bonus Features: Additional Scenes with Introduction by Martin Scorsese
  • Stranger Than Fiction: The Story of the Bottom Mob: The Real-Life Gangster Behin
  • Crossing Criminal Cultures: How Little Italy's Crime and Violence Influence Scorsese's Work
  • Theatrical Trailer
And then under the 'product details' tab on the same listing:

Number of Discs:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::banghead:

These are exactly the same extras as contained on both the EiV UK and Warner International Blu-ray releases, all single disc releases.

The mock up pic for this looks to purposefully have a 'shine' effect to it (If you particularly look at Leo-where the names are, from his shoulder down there is different levels of blackness). Was this always the case with this particular artwork or is it to indicate the Steelbook may be glossy??

The artwork of the UK standard edition Blu-ray.

8112_front.jpg

The artwork of the US standard edition Blu-ray.

91nmO2PIqDL._SL1500_.jpg

The sheen that you refer to, on the artwork for the Steelbook, would appear to be a reflection of the light when photographing the mock up. Doesn't necessarily mean it's glossy, however, since even a matte finish will reflect some light, depending on its angle relative to the light source. It would be nice, however, if it were to have a gloss finish.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
UK amaray was region B locked so i expect this to be the same

makes my decision to stick with my CA steel even easier

Actually, although both the case and disc of EiV's release state it to be locked to Region B, it is in fact Region ABC. Presumably, the same master as was used for Warner's international releases.

I would imagine that the same disc will also appear in the forthcoming Steelbook.

Reactions: henry00x
Have this on basic bluray if the artwork was different i would of considered but no, i'll say the CA steel is better to stick with...

Reactions: Steelselecta
They may do, but that doesn't excuse how unoriginal it is. That's what makes Plain Archive, Kimchi, Nova Media and BluFans so appealing, they think outside of the box with regards to the art.

According to the information in Zavvis own listing:

Special Features:
  • Disc One: Feature
  • Disc Two: Bonus Features: Additional Scenes with Introduction by Martin Scorsese
  • Stranger Than Fiction: The Story of the Bottom Mob: The Real-Life Gangster Behin
  • Crossing Criminal Cultures: How Little Italy's Crime and Violence Influence Scorsese's Work
  • Theatrical Trailer
And then under the 'product details' tab on the same listing:

Number of Discs:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::banghead:
That's the DVD listing they just copied and pasted :LOL::rofl:
I never trust Zavvi listings as they often list the disc details wrong

As this is a Bu ray its 1 Disc
Blu-ray B United Kingdom - Entertainment In Video
  • Extras:
    "Stranger Than Fiction: The True Story of Whitey Bulger, Southie and The Departed" featurette (21:07)
    "Crossing Criminal Cultures" featurette (24:03)
    9 Deleted & Extended Scenes (with introduction by director/co-producer Martin Scorsese 18:37)
    Theatrical trailer (2:20)
  • Subtitles:
    English HoH
  • Aspect Ratio:
    2.40:1
  • Picture Format:
    1080p 24fps VC-1
  • Soundtrack(s):
    English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo